Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is the Horde council going to fail?

In the EU we never get things done because you need like 38 votes to agree with something.

Don’t we need a president like the VS to get anything done or will we become the EU and only talk talk and have 0 actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given that the Horde's leadership council is only composed of a handful of individuals, you're not going to see the same type of bureaucratic slowness you'd see in a standard representational democracy. It won't be quite as direct as it was under a Warchief, given that the Warchief position was autocratic and could make unilateral decisions as needed - but that's not exactly a bad thing given the track record of Horde Warchiefs. There's no body of representatives like the EU's parliament in the Horde's governmental structure, it's just the council of 11 racial leaders (assuming each race or allied race is represented by their nominal leader) who will likely rule by majority consensus.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    In the EU we never get things done because you need like 38 votes to agree with something.

Don’t we need a president like the VS to get anything done or will we become the EU and only talk talk and have 0 actions.
    Idk if it's going to "fail" in an abstract sense, but I have the impression that, at best, it will stagnate Horde development as a whole -see how is the council thing working for Dwarves and their 0 development since WotLK-. At worst, it will be just a narrative nuisance to be promptly dismissed (or just ignored) the next time Blizzard smacks Horde leadership with the Stupid Evil™ bat because they're temporarily out of bad bois.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Either they work together which makes it a boring thing. Or they have disagreements which will not be boring, but lead to failing as a council.

It probably will. Something will happen, and they'll decide that the horde needs a strong leader to lead them all.

You can pretty much be sure that it's going to be the best thing ever.

How else are they going to show us how faulty Horde's autocracy and institution of Warchief actually were?

I bet they might even throw some token bickering in there, which in the end won't matter to anything, but it'll show us haters how Horde's "complex" in house interactions are still there.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-10-18 at 02:06 PM.

There is only one personality in that council.

Give it 3 expansion, it'll fail.

The Council is made of people that are basically clones of each other at this point. So even if the Council worked in a way that unanimous vote is required to proceed, you could have a billion of such characters on it and still nothing would have changed and it'd just continue to run smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    You can pretty much be sure that it's going to be the best thing ever.

How else are they going to show us how faulty Horde's autocracy and institution of Warchief actually were?
    That's just a secondary concern. The primary one is that they need to show us how wrong not being best buds with the chosen human race was.

I bet they might even throw some token bickering in there, which in the end won't matter to anything, but it'll show us haters how Horde's "complex" in house interactions are still there.
    Why would you make a bet on something that not only requires Blizzard to make an effort but also runs contrary to their "deep" message of the power of friendship uniting all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Of course it will. What makes me really interested is who will go insane evil first. Im not gonna lie, i would love to see theron mass murder pregnant women or something equally stupid evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Why would you make a bet on something that not only requires Blizzard to make an effort but also runs contrary to their "deep" message of the power of friendship uniting all?
    Oh no, I've meant they'll purposefully throw some bickering in there just to misdirect the fact how in the end everyone agrees with everyone on every big decision being brought up.

Could be I'm expecting too much subtlety from them though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Of course it will. What makes me really interested is who will go insane evil first. Im not gonna lie, i would love to see theron mass murder pregnant women or something equally stupid evil.
    My bet is on Anduin's furry bf, called it here first
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, I've meant that they'll purposefully throw some bickering in there just to misdirect the fact how in the end everyone agrees with everyone on every big decision being brought up.

Could be I'm expecting too much subtlety from them though.
    Can you imagine them arguing on what charity to support only to come to conclusion that if they work harder and as a friends they can collect enough money to support all of them?

The US doesn't work that way. The President doesn't "get things done." The President can literally only STOP things from happening, assuming Congress doesn't override a veto. The President can't even sign a treaty without permission from the Senate. The only way the President "gets things done" is by creating enough support among 100 to 535 representatives (depending on what they're trying to do).

The Horde council only has a few people on it, and several seem somewhat reasonable. However, without info on the actual rules, there's no way to tell.

Honestly, given what you wrote, this really seems to be nothing more than a swipe at the EU (who, btw, got more done on giving people legal control over their own data data than the US has). It's not like you actually opened discussion of anything by listing out potential council members, their core positions, decisions to be made, or anything else. In your actual text, you just put down the EU (assuming "getting things done" is always a good thing) and misunderstood how the Presidency works in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Can you imagine them arguing on what charity to support only to come to conclusion that if they work harder and as a friends they can collect enough money to support all of them?
    Void lords don't know what kind of power is coming for them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Void lords don't know what kind of power is coming for them!
    "Everyone, lets cross our friendship beams to defeat befriend void lords and make them good and happy.

It would be cool if all horde leaders had unique friendship marks on their buttcheecks.

No it will be fine, we are looking at the new council of Tiristfal if anyone was wondering, pretty obvious now. Genn and Tyrande are on their way out of the Alliance, Tessa is taking over for Genn and Malfurion will take over for Tyrande.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

In-story? It'll work, everyone in it has the same views on every topic.

Out of story? Eh, give it a shelf life of a few years at absolute most if the game hasn't gone into maintenance by then. Blizzard don't like council setups because they require characters to share screen time. They left themselves an out with Baine saying that a warchief "isn't needed in peace time" which opens the door for there to be in war time, quite convenient in a war game.

My personal hope is that the now independent Gallywix buys the Horde after they've gone into crippling debt trying to pay for the Council's free pony policy and turns it into the world's biggest fastfood joint.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Either they work together which makes it a boring thing. Or they have disagreements which will not be boring, but lead to failing as a council.
    There can be disagreements without total collapse. In fact, that's indicative of a working democracy that isn't a hive mind. Different-minded individuals finding compromise on issues. The fundamental issue with Horde writing which has led to where we are now with a Council-Led Horde has been the belief that Horde leadership has to go full warmongering retard to make the faction interesting. That doesn't need to be the case. Racial leaders should be able to disagree without the Warchief trying to wipe out all life on Azeroth, or all non Orc life on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    My personal hope is that the now independent Gallywix buys the Horde after they've gone into crippling debt trying to pay for the Council's free pony policy and turns it into the world's biggest fastfood joint.
    Please let this happen. And I'm serious.

Baine “Nty Vulpera we don’t need any more allies” Bloodhoof seems to actually be the one making decisions so if you liked the Horde prior to BFA then yes it will fail. If you like the Alliance and/or the idea of the Horde being reduced to generic lawful good extension of the Alliance then it’ll probably be great!