Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    so u and however many other members are giving ur guild master thousands of gold per week and getting nothing in return hoping that the guild stays together for the next year and a half and that u are still active then so that ur gold doesnt go to waste. You are getting nothing in return and most likely never will. Get out now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

Forgot to add, its 25g per week.
    If crafting mats are given to players, and no extras are being sold- no
    if boes are given to players, and no extras are being sold- no
    if BOES and crafting mats are being taken by the guild, and then sold on the AH- yes

no= no problem
    yes=yes problem.

if the guild is taking boes and crafting mats, they already have enough money
    if the guild is giving away those, then yeah they need the money.
    that is if they are ALSO supplying consumeables.

if the raid team is not supplying consumeables, taking anything away from the raiders, boe, gold, or crafting mats is a right out no no.
    just think of it like you would a trade. Your giving the guild 25g a week, what is it they are giving back? consumeables? ok maybe, depends on how much those cost.
    Are they taking 25g and boes, and crafting mats, but giving you consumables? that is way too much, leave.
    are they taking 25g and asking you to buy consumables? leave, they are trying to make bank off their raiders.
    are they taking 25g, boes, and crafting mats, and giving you nothing in return? fucking make sure no one joins that guild ever, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Not a single MC guild on your server uses DKP? (X) Doubt
    Yesterday we had a post here from a guy asking if he should stay in a guild that didn't give out loot to people who failed and/or weren't fully flasked/pot'ed.
    Here we have a guy asking if he should stay in a guild that raises a motherfucking weekly 25g guild tax.

This isn't made up. Those retard guilds exist, and you'll find quite a lot of them if you just look at random shit guilds who are currently progressing on Gehennas or whatever thrashness. It's like those ominous retail guilds with abusive loot councils that conspired against trials and refused to give anyone loot... which were seemingly so numerous that Blizzard just had to act and impose PL onto every single player. Guilds consisting of either 12 y/os or 80 y/os who've never seen an internet before and are too gullible to think for themselves.
    well ofc those people moved to classic

were you expecting that that extorsion wouldnt be there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    It depends really. I guess the guild is planning to provide their members with flasks and stuff when Naxx releases, which require a lot of resources.
    Most guilds will provide flasks when they are needed, like naxx for instance, but normal consumes like potion and elixirs, are the members own responsibility.

A guild with a leader that knows how to be a capitalist, will have no problem providing stuff to their members, but not every guild got those.
    How much are they demanding you to pay?
    Let's be generous and say that Naxx is releasing in just a single year, that the guild only has the bare minimum 40 players for it, and let's also be optimistic and give the Officers the benefit of the doubt and say that they're also paying this 'tax'.

25 gold per week, for 40 players, for one year... that's 50,000g.

What in the world is a guild gonna do with FIFTY THOUSAND in Classic?
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2019-10-19 at 07:44 AM.

Scammiest scam I've ever heard of. Abandon that shitty guild asap.

Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

So they want at least 1000g per week from the roster... hahahahah.
    You guys raid 24/7 or something? :P
    Change a guild, the GM wants to rip you off.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Edit:

25g a week? shitballs, rip any chance of getting epic mount.

Edit:

bye bye guild next ...

I give gold to help tanks with their repair bills. Tho there is no fixed gold tax in my guild.

Leave the guild dude. Any decent guild will have enough cash through raid drops, optional donations or auctioning off stuff like the ony bag.

so lets assume they dont tax alts
    lets also assume they have only 40 players which is unlikely but still

thats 1k a week
    4k a month
    48k a year

leave the guild for the love of god

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    This isn't made up. Those retard guilds exist, and you'll find quite a lot of them
    This is what happens when you DONT NEED GOOD PLAYERS for your raid and you can just squeeze out raiders even beyond just denying loot.

There is no loot system in place to prohibit this kind of social behaviour and there is no community preassure because classic is pure casual and short-term.

Social guild structures like in Vanilla or Retail are frowned upon since release, because the overnerfed 1.12 version does not force people to socialize - YOU CAN JUST PUG everything and there is nothing beyond that in difficulty/requirement.

Just a small reminder, this is the release part of the game, all downhill from here. Classic does not grow exponentially like Vanilla WoW did and the hype is allready over and servers are shrinking, this never happened in Vanilla.

I dont think there is a solution for this major issue, that players are simply not needed because the content is just to easy. Vanilla forced players to social structures for the first 2 years and Retail's high end forces players to get into guilds/communitys and the guilds/communitys desperately want to keep good players because the content/new content demands it.

=> you don't want to PUG high rated arena
    => you don't want to PUG high end mythic+
    => you don't want to PUG high end raiding

=> you NEED good guilds/commuitys and those NEED good players
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Let's be generous and say that Naxx is releasing in just a single year, that the guild only has the bare minimum 40 players for it, and let's also be optimistic and give the Officers the benefit of the doubt and say that they're also paying this 'tax'.

25 gold per week, for 40 players, for one year... that's 50,000g.

What in the world is a guild gonna do with FIFTY THOUSAND in Classic?
    while I agree a guild tax is ridiculous, let's hold our horses on thinking 50 thousand gold is a lot of gold for a 40 man raid playing hardcore. Flasks sell for 120g atm in my server. This is right now, flasks by naxxramas will be selling for more than 200g at this rate.

200g by flasks alone. Even if only casters flask we're still talking about 2k gold per raid considering the guild actually pays for all the flasks. I could list a billion more consumables to get my point across. Just understand that 50k gold isn't a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should supply your tank with flasks. But 25 gold sounds like too much.

A guild doesn't need gold for anything outside of maybe repair bots. The content is piss easy after all

10+ Year Old Account
    "Weekly tax" my ass. That's a big L.

Edit:

If the guild then supplies you with the needed consumables, that's fair. Otherwise, middle finger and move on.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Lol, it's a scam. At some point, the GM/officers will just clean out the GB and move on.
    No way, a raiding guild would need 40x25g (1000g) per week for "raid preparation" (that's about 10k gold before xmas!).

That's some high-level bullshit. Find a new guild.

back in the day we had a system of provide mats or gold or bring your own food/flasks/pots. But a tax and still providing your own stuff...nope run.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had forgotten that was a thing back then. People weren't so good at farming stuff back then, kinda clueless. Now with all the dungeon run farms etc there's absolutely no need.