Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So, Hallow's end

So here we are at hallows end. I was waiting for this one.

This holiday tied in very much with the forsaken, as it was celebrated by them the most under this passage off wowpedia.

Hallow's End marks the day the group of undead, who would later be known as the Forsaken, broke free of the Lich King's dominance and once again regained their free will.[5] They celebrate this occasion by setting fire to a wickerman after a short speech from Sylvanas herself and smearing the ashes across their faces.
    Since last years hallows end, the forsaken have lost their home by sylvanas, and she has betrayed them and abandoned them.

Just makes it feel like this holiday needs a revision, since it happened so close to her abandoning them. Maybe change it to the day they broke free from her tyrannical rule and made something of themselves on their own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It will be the day when they embraced human potential.

Changing a "national" holiday to another date because "something happened close to the usual date" is kinda silly. Using the real world as an example, if the September 11 attacks had happened around July 11, the american Independence Day wouldn't be moved. It is on that date for a historical reason. Likewise, the forsaken broke free now, not a month ago or 2 months from now. So of course they should still celebrate now. Sure, it is bad what just recently happened, but that doesn't change history.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we can burn a Sylvanas effigy now
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Maybe we can burn a Sylvanas effigy now
    think the alliance already did that when they steamrolled though brill and destroyed the statue of her there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    think the alliance already did that when they steamrolled though brill and destroyed the statue of her there.
    We can honor that as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

What is it with Traask suddenly being active and constantly making Forsaken threads. Is it spite?

5+ Year Old Account
    So here we are at hallows end. I was waiting for this one.

This holiday tied in very much with the forsaken, as it was celebrated by them the most under this passage off wowpedia.

Since last years hallows end, the forsaken have lost their home by sylvanas, and she has betrayed them and abandoned them.

Just makes it feel like this holiday needs a revision, since it happened so close to her abandoning them. Maybe change it to the day they broke free from her tyrannical rule and made something of themselves on their own?
    They didn't break free from !@#$, the morally grey lady just gtfo'ed in one of her emo tirades. And they aren't doing !@#$ on their own, but rather under the benevolent guidance of one of Anduin's closest friends and her newly found BF, who for some reason isn't a rotting corpse even if his body was underwater for 20 years or so.

I think I'm going to puke, sorry...
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-10-18 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Now they can smear their faces in shit since they've been eating up Sylvanas' shit for all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What is it with Traask suddenly being active and constantly making Forsaken threads. Is it spite?
    maybe a little, guess part of me enjoys seeing how upset its making these group of players who are weeping over the thought of their favorite race losing its emo and edgy identity. It won't of course, and fact your getting so upset over it just makes it cringy to watch.

However I stand on saying I would sooner see forsaken progress into something different then the same old shit its been for decades now, and fact you don't want that to at least see another way for the forsaken to be is just mind numbing. I find forsaken the least appealing race because they are just the same thing they've always been, so it actually gives me something to look forward to if they make them into something different.

maybe a little, guess part of me enjoys seeing how upset its making these group of players who are weeping over the thought of their favorite race losing its emo and edgy identity. It won't of course, and fact your getting so upset over it just makes it cringy to watch.

However I stand on saying I would sooner see forsaken progress into something different then the same old shit its been for decades now, and fact you don't want that to at least see another way for the forsaken to be is just mind numbing. I find forsaken the least appealing race because they are just the same thing they've always been, so it actually gives me something to look forward to if they make them into something different.
    Forsaken WERE evolving. Back in Cataclysm, when they actualy tried to become a power, instead of sad sacks rotting together with their old homes.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=24982/the-new-forsaken

THIS was the manifesto of the Forsaken, this was their evolution, before some dumb cunt had to retcon them so that she could "understand them better".
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2019-10-18 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It will be the day when they embraced human potential.
    Well, Forsaken are technically human. lol Undead is a state, not a race in any sense but gaming term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Now they can smear their faces in shit since they've been eating up Sylvanas' shit for all these years.
    Top drawer comment.

Hallow's End was already a Lordaeronian holiday and the Forsaken celebrating it into their undeath, with Sylvanas' backing, was an expression of the continuity between their time as living and undead. There's no reason for them not to continue celebrating it going forward.

Don't worry if you didn't know this, Trassk, you're in good company among the writers.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Hallow's End was already a Lordaeronian holiday and the Forsaken celebrating it into their undeath, with Sylvanas' backing, was an expression of the continuity between their time as living and undead. There's no reason for them not to continue celebrating it going forward.

Don't worry if you didn't know this, Trassk, you're in good company among the writers.
    the writings on the wall (in wowpedias case being the wall) to read, of course I read up on it silly. Its why other nations celebrate it across azeroth. The forsaken just happened to celebrate it for that reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    their favorite race losing its emo and edgy identity.

But Forsaken are emo and edgy. Trying to turn them into humans with a skin condition doesn't accomplish !@#$ - the Alliance is already full of Human clones already. Do you really need to hamfist Horde races into the actually cringey goody-goody, stupid lawful good mould? And not a random race, but the darkest and generally most troublesome in the entire game?

It's as if Dwarves suddenly started to develop Blight, degenerative poisons and mind-controlling serums. Hey, it's change, they are losing their sempiternal role as second fiddle to Humans, Y U NO LIEK?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

the writings on the wall (in wowpedias case being the wall) to read, of course I read up on it silly. Its why other nations celebrate it across azeroth. The forsaken just happened to celebrate it for that reason.
    In that case you've actually done more work than the writers, given how in the new canon of BTS all expression of Lordaeronian culture was banned, despite Sylvanas herself doing the speeches in-game.

That aside, in the likely case that Lordaeron is de-plagued and that updated look they built for it is put into effect, the nu-undead will likely have a similar ceremony outside the city, just one where Calia talks to them about their heritage, the value of friendship and so forth.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Forsaken WERE evolving. Back in Cataclysm, when they actualy tried to become a power, instead of sad sacks rotting together with their old homes.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=24982/the-new-forsaken

THIS was the manifesto of the Forsaken, this was their evolution, before some dumb cunt had to retcon them so that she could "understand them better".
    dude.. haven't you figured out yet that kind of methodology in warcraft just doesn't last? Having a race that just wants to conquer and dominate just fails every time

It's definitely time. I really hope they do something special for it. The broken mask symbolizes a new future, and the giant wickerman could use some boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

dude.. haven't you figured out yet that kind of methodology in warcraft just doesn't last? Having a race that just wants to conquer and dominate just fails every time
    It's a lucky thing then that Sylvanas was anti-war back in Mists, out of the purely pragmatic ground that she'd already secured her backyard. The Forsaken's claim was on Lordaeron alone. Given that the Alliance had had plenty of shit done to them by the Forsaken and had a claim on Lordaeron that they wanted to restore, you thus had both the situation for long-term conflict and a reason not to have it escalate into a world war.

Only because the authors WANT it to fail.