Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    Seriously? Flying mounts killed off so much player interaction out in the world. You literally had players flying up in the sky.

TBC piggybacked off of Vanilla. TBC population didn't grow because of TBC, but because WoW itself had millions of new players joining. Why do you think growth stopped in WOTLK.
    The amount of ignorance in your post is astonishing. Growth slowed in WotLK because of what's called market saturation.

Flying did not kill world pvp, and I can tell you this because I actually PvPed exclusively in the entire expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet TBC was pretty fun 12-13 years ago. I just don't think it will be like how you remember. It is very watered down compared to Vanilla.
    The bolded part can be applied to Classic. And no, it's not watered down at all. Lol. It's mechanically Vanilla but with more stuff, new stats, gems and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    gems and so on.
    Jewelcrafting bloated the game for no reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just think with all the knowledge, mote farming etc in the open world will be extremely crowded and painful. At least classic has instanced farm like mara or diremaul, but TBC will be an aidsfest when everyone knows what to do in advance.

Also TBC changed so much class/bosswise that you probably won't get that overtuned SSC for 2 weeks, shatter being so deadly on Gruul, or don't have the month or so of a supercool holypriest being able to spam CoH and PoM in karazhan without a cooldown, most quirks will be gone and especially in TBC the different patches and states of classes/raids made it so diverse to play.

TBC was mostly the experience for me with my guild (Getting worldbuffs/old flasks for hydross, finally beating our vanilla competition guild on kael'thas, trying a'lar and just laughing with 'no way', making 10k gold because of solofarm in BT and selling gems, etc etc), not neccecairily the content, although the raids were pretty good until the ~8 months of BT farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    My memories of TBC are that it was quite a lonely experience compared to vanilla and hard to get into raids unless you were bum buddies with the leaders.

Apart from that ambience of TBC didn't do it for me, the Dungeons and Dragons theme was destroyed with the whole crystals thing and sind'or'ae tribes and ethereals and stuff.
    And that's fine, I'm sorry to hear you had that experience, but I personally found TBC (being quintessentially similar to vanilla) resulted in similar numbers of friendships being formed. I also found the raid ladder much more accessible to get on to, and a spot easier to get -- barring attunements, naturally.

As a D&D player I need to inform you (as a D&D player) that the only theme atypical of D&D is high fantasy. Apart from that, the imagination is the limit. You could run a modern D&D with guns if you really wanted to. The fact most games are set within the standard rulebook worlds such as Faerun and Eberron and so on, does NOT mean that anything diverging from those themes is not suitable for D&D.

If you don't like the sci-fi feel of Outland then fine, but don't tell us it 'destroyed the D&D theme'. because that's a load of crap. Vanilla wow's theme is WARCRAFT theme, not D&D theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Jewelcrafting bloated the game for no reason.
    Oh no, further character customisation, so bad! Oh no, a new profession meaning a new way to play!

I find it ironic how so many of you vanilla apologists and die-hards argue against retail for 'dumbing down' the game by pruning stats and whatnot, and then you totally 180 on us and complain about things like jewelcrafting being unnecessary bloat. Strip such features away and you end up with retail, so you guys just make the arguments when they suit you...

I 100% guarantee had JCing been a vanilla feature you'd be defending it, not attacking it. You're just biased for no apparent reason other than having a weird hate fetish against TBC.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-18 at 10:31 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    People have already gotten bored with classic. I think you are just hating cause you are a hater. I'd rather play TBC then Classic anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well, given Timewalking Burning Crusade and Black Temple already in retail, and that BC leveling is only like 10 levels, I can see the point.
    Yeah. When TBC launched people certainly just stopped subscribing because there were just 10 levels.

Oh. TBC was the last expansion that finished with more subs than it started with.

However, I do not think it would be as fun as you remember. Players nowadays will figure out the optimal comps and meta for season 1. It won't be like it was when TBC launched. Part of what made early arena fun was the variety of specs and comps you would see. That is not how it would be nowadays and classic is proof of that.

What I am saying is that TBC shares a lot with retail. Heck much of TBC is playable on retail. There is a reason Blizzard made the raids more accessible in WOTLK. I am not convinced most players would find TBC raids worth the time. Molten core is a joke in Classic, but at least it is accessible.
    You can think what you want, you can pretend to remember things for other people all you want. Droves of people thought there was no interest in classic because they were unable to pull their heads out of their own asshole.

None of TBC is playable on retail, not even through time walking, unless you are a "sight seer" with absolutely no appreciation for mechanics. Plenty of you out there. Watch a stream or something. You clearly do not wish to actually participate in the game. Time walking, sheesh, what a joke. It is objectively a different game, ie BFA with patronizing number fiddling. I just don't remember blade flurry hitting everything near me, or cyclotronic blast, or grappling hook or...legion legendaries. Yeah you can equip those and they work again in time walking dungeons. I guess it looks like TBC so it is TBC? lol.

Now seriously, do you think you are going to convince ANYONE that wants a TBC classic version that they don't want it just because you love your own opinions? I think we just had this conversation and then classic happened. Get out. We do not care.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Thanks for sharing, i guess.

I did not enjoy BC, so I wouldn't play on a BC server other than to level Draeneis/BEs. Though, you bring up a good point of character transfers. I wouldn't want to do BC dailies again, but that'd put me at a significant financial disadvantage to people who did if they ever released a Wrath server and allowed transfers. Now I hope if they do other expansions they offer servers that don't allow character copies.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

If your main argument is "shares a lot in common with retail" well I've got news for you. So does Classic. It's all World of Warcraft, just different versions.

tBC is obviously not for you.

I'd would very much like to play prot paladin in tBC like I used to or any other spec that felt broken in Classic. Arena is an addition that WoW was going to have no matter what. Tier sets existed for every role the class could play instead of only being useful for a single spec. tBC effectively fixes many design issues I currently have with Classic. The only point that I agree with you on is flying. I loved it at first along with everyone else until I learned how safe it made WoW's open world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    If your main argument is "shares a lot in common with retail" well I've got news for you. So does Classic. It's all World of Warcraft, just different versions.
    Nah, at most it just shares the gameplay and content (Warcraft Universe with raids and dungeons), outside of that it is an entirely different game. I dabbed in retail recently to test a UI issue I have with classic, the differences in the two versions is just too much to say they have "too much in common". The OP stating that tBC has too much in common sounds just as rediculous.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-10-19 at 04:36 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.
    *snip*
    Its almost like different people like different things, which is a concept you seem to be having quite a difficult time with.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its almost like different people like different things, which is a concept you seem to be having quite a difficult time with.
    OP is totally ignoring our responses, just repeats the same crap over and over.

Personally TBC is the only expansion that hooked me so much I didn't quit at any point.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite is how Cata gutted the talent trees. Oh wait that was MoP. Keep spreading lies about Cata.
    Well compared to the WotLK talent trees, Cata actually did.

WotLK: https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#L
    Cata: https://rpgworld.altervista.org/talentcata/eng/?WR

Not only that but they also made it so you can't put points in other specs until you put 31 in a spec, and brought us down from 51 pointers back to 31. Many choices were made even MORE cookie cutter than before, and some popular talents outright pruned out of the game.

So why don't you stop spreading lies?
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-19 at 05:08 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.

Bland and boring Outland leveling that can be finished in a week.

Faction imbalance issues that were prevalent when Blood Elves joined the Horde.

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

TBC sort of ruined Warcraft lore. It was destroyed in The Burning Crusade.

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.

Remeber how grindy the attunements were just to do a raid.

Uncreative TBC dungeons. Wings and hallways full of copy paste.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.

Gear vendors. A RPG where you buy all your gear off of a merchant in town.

Daily quests inflating the economy. Repetitive and timegated.

Remember how everyone on both factions flew in circles around Shattrah all day.

Remember how awful and boring Shattrah was as a capital city.

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.

I just don't see the appeal for TBC. Nostalgia is a real thing you know.
    lol no. Much more entertaining than this vanilla crap

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.

Exactly the same thinking that people who didn't think classic would work had, its okay not to believe you don't have to.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

7+ Year Old Account
    TBC would get boring quick
    Agree with you. Vanilla was much better than TBC was. I have been willing to leave retail to play through classic wow again because it was possibly the best gaming experience that has ever existed. TBC is just another expansion with some good points and some bad points, but it's no where near to being on the same level as vanilla wow.

Shatt was actually my favorite capital. I'd be fine with a BC server. I'd play it more than I did classic.

You cant play bc lol.
    Stats are changed, attunements are gone. Heroic keys dissapeared, profs changed, classes redesigned. Level scaling, Lfd and looms...

Because Classic isn't basically log in for raiding like 1 week after getting to 60.
    But I suppose the weird ass 'the leveling journey is part of the adventure, enjoy it, don't rush through it' will just never shut the fuck up.

At least in TBC leveling would be over in an instant and people could go ham in like 6 raids at once instead of farming fucking MC for 6 months.

Seriously? Flying mounts killed off so much player interaction out in the world. You literally had players flying up in the sky.

- - - Updated - - -

TBC piggybacked off of Vanilla. TBC population didn't grow because of TBC, but because WoW itself had millions of new players joining. Why do you think growth stopped in WOTLK.
    Because wrath chased away the rpg fans when they started catering to the super casuals anc homogenizing classes?

So much hypocrisy.