Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    Arena is the main selling point for TBC. It offers PvP replayability that Classic does not. However, I do not think it would be as fun as you remember. Players nowadays will figure out the optimal comps and meta for season 1. It won't be like it was when TBC launched. Part of what made early arena fun was the variety of specs and comps you would see. That is not how it would be nowadays and classic is proof of that.

- - - Updated - - -

What I am saying is that TBC shares a lot with retail. Heck much of TBC is playable on retail. There is a reason Blizzard made the raids more accessible in WOTLK. I am not convinced most players would find TBC raids worth the time. Molten core is a joke in Classic, but at least it is accessible.
    More accessible raids was a mop thing, they were a little too hard in cata and eased up on em for mop forward

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Lets see, you ran dungeons and got gear, badges, reputation, gold, and potentially enchanting mats. And with LFD, you could bypass lockouts and take in even more than normal
    Group finder wasnt added until Wrath you still had to manually form groups in TBC

Classic got boring quick too. TBC has far superior class design and at least most of the specs are viable in raids. Sounds like OP is worried that TBC would kill classic if you ask me.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2019-10-20 at 02:17 AM.

Seriously? Flying mounts killed off so much player interaction out in the world. You literally had players flying up in the sky.
    What on earth are you talking about? There was tons of interaction I remember way more world pvp in BC then I did in Vanilla. Hours long battles at Halaa and running around Area 52 in Netherstorm. I remember even flying from tower to tower in Terrokar Forest and a lot of fighting up on the ridge in Blades Edge.

You know what you sound like though? All the people who hated on Vanilla and didnt want Blizz to make classic servers, thats exactly how you sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    More accessible raids was a mop thing, they were a little too hard in cata and eased up on em for mop forward

- - - Updated - - -

Group finder wasnt added until Wrath you still had to manually form groups in TBC
    I know. The original poster said that tabards were in bc. I corrected him, saying tabards were wrath and i said further they made dungeons too rewarding. Someone else asked why i thought that. I explained.

OP is an impotent retard.

I'd love to see expansions replayed but... with some tweaks to keep a few of the "quality of life" crutches away. E.g. Still no LFG/LFR, still only warlock summons or get there on foot. The expansions killed wow due to removal of social aspects and making everything a little too "on rails". They could well be run again with a few rule tweaks and likely be a pretty decent experience. Obviously a lot of the mechanics/other stuff are rather "baked in" so... might be a problem removing. I'd certainly be happy to run the expansions again, however it was done. Keep vanilla servers up/left alone, have a character copy to the "expansions again" servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Have you ever thought about bringing back some of the old expansions.

You think you do, but you don't.

TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. I agree with J. Allen Brack. His reply was about the expansions, not Vanilla specifically. He literally said TBC and he is right.
    TBC was just an extension of Classic with better classes and better raids, and had nothing at all in common with retail. WotLK is 100% retail WoW, I'll give you that, but TBC? Sounds more like a troll tbh.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.

Bland and boring Outland leveling that can be finished in a week.

Faction imbalance issues that were prevalent when Blood Elves joined the Horde.

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

TBC sort of ruined Warcraft lore. It was destroyed in The Burning Crusade.

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.

Remeber how grindy the attunements were just to do a raid.

Uncreative TBC dungeons. Wings and hallways full of copy paste.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.

Gear vendors. A RPG where you buy all your gear off of a merchant in town.

Daily quests inflating the economy. Repetitive and timegated.

Remember how everyone on both factions flew in circles around Shattrah all day.

Remember how awful and boring Shattrah was as a capital city.

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.

I just don't see the appeal for TBC. Nostalgia is a real thing you know.

so your saying your mad that tbc will be a thing while retail's not? O..........K..........

Pvpers would love TBC because it had some of the most brokenly fun specs ever ( note: not saying it was balanced).

At least one spec per class was op, so in a weird way every class was op which made arenas fun , especially since you could still use engineering gadgets and gear swaps back then, which added a whole extra layer to the fun factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Fine, don't play it.

Go back to Retail to level up your new Fox Pokemon and play with your llama.

We have way too many tourists in our servers as it is, one tourist less will be great.

Oh, don't forget to take your friends with you too back to Retail.
    So much salt with so few words.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    All this arguing about the merits of TBC is pointless and immature.

It's as simple as this:

Some people liked TBC.

Some people didn't like TBC.

Some people want TBC servers.

Some people do not / don't care.

Everything else is moot. OP is just trying to force his views on people. OP; you think TBC sucked. Fair enough. Don't try to shove that opinion down other people's throats. Plenty of us loved it. Just move on and get on with your life, mmkay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Pvpers would love TBC because it had some of the most brokenly fun specs ever ( note: not saying it was balanced).

At least one spec per class was op, so in a weird way every class was op which made arenas fun , especially since you could still use engineering gadgets and gear swaps back then, which added a whole extra layer to the fun factor.
    If everyone is OP then nobody is OP is the way I see it. No, I recall certain specs were outliers, such as Arms warriors, Resto Druids and a few others. But generally, outside the S tier outliers, a lot of classes didn't even have an OP spec for PvP.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-20 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    But generally, outside the S tier outliers, a lot of classes didn't even have an OP spec for PvP.
    Name one class that didn't have 1 spec that was R1 viable?

All healing specs were R1 viable.
    Mace stun hemo rogues were broken.
    SL/SL locks.
    RMP started in tbc.
    Pretty much every class had 1 or more R1 viable spec so not sure what you meant.

Some were better than others for sure, especially in 2v2 but there was no class that had no chance of getting R1 in at least one of the brackets.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-10-20 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name one class that didn't have 1 spec that was R1 viable?

All healing specs were R1 viable.
    Mace stun hemo rogues were broken.
    SL/SL locks.
    RMP started in tbc.
    Pretty much every class had 1 or more R1 viable spec so not sure what you meant.

Some were better than others for sure, especially in 2v2 but there was no class that had no chance of getting R1 in at least one of the brackets.
    We're not talking about viable, we're talking about OP. sure, every class had a viable spec. But only a handful were truly OP.
    Viable =/= OP

In any case you were complimenting TBC PvP so that's cool :P Super balanced isn't fun, it's stale, so having some outliers is actually interesting. Particularly when the outliers changed from patch to patch, which sadly isn't often the case.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-20 at 10:18 PM.

We're not talking about viable, we're talking about OP. sure, every class had a viable spec. But only a handful were truly OP.
    Viable =/= OP
    The difference is that I said "R1 viable" , that pretty much translates to OP in this context.

Though if you don't agree, which classes do you consider truly OP? because i'm sure we can twist this around a bit since arenas aren't really a solo game either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is that I said "R1 viable" , that pretty much translates to OP in this context.

Though if you don't agree, which classes do you consider truly OP? because i'm sure we can twist this around a bit since arenas aren't really a solo game either.
    I don't know. I never really played arena. I was more of a battleground player. Can't say I care about arenas because they've always been dominated by specific comps, and I much prefer the open warfare and greater spec viability of battlegrounds. I was an arms warrior and I felt like a wrecking ball. It was insane how strong I was. It wasn't uncommon to finish games with thrice (at minimum) the damage and killing blows of everyone else.

I don't know. I never really played arena. I was more of a battleground player. Can't say I care about arenas because they've always been dominated by specific comps, and I much prefer the open warfare and greater spec viability of battlegrounds. I was an arms warrior and I felt like a wrecking ball. It was insane how strong I was. It wasn't uncommon to finish games with thrice (at minimum) the damage and killing blows of everyone else.
    Well as someone who was competing for gladiator on the best battlegroup at the time, I tended to see quite a lot of strong comps.

Sometimes it's easy to point the finger at comps you used to lose against and say they're op, but years later looking back you notice that your own comp was also broken.

Things like SL/SL lock +Rdruid , Stormherald mace spec arms + Rdruid, sword spec arms + Rshaman, godlike mage +rogues and obviously RMP, Disc priest+ mace stun rogues , hunter+ Rdruid ( which were rare but the good ones in glad bracket were fucking insanely hard to beat).

Obviously I'm not going to get into all comps for all brackets but there were a lot of strong comps , some could say that only some were OP while discarding others but I feel the meta was way more diverse than the more recent expansions due to mana drains still being in the game back then, so there were a lot more diversity when it came to comps and counter comps, at least in 2s and 3s.

And this is suppose to be in favour of Classic HOW? TBC was superior to Vanilla in every way...

I just don't see the appeal for TBC. Nostalgia is a real thing you know.
    Almost none of your gripes are actually true or bad. Me thinks you never played BC and/or were/are just really bad at the game?

So you're saying all people like me who started playing in BC are idiots to want the version of the game they fell in love with?

TBC is the best expansion ever, you just listed your personal subjective opinions and claimed they are facts and that proves that u are dumb as fk, literally everybody who played back then says that TBC was the goat expansion, also Shattrath is the best city even better than Dalaran, the attunement was an amazing quest chain, the raids were awesome as fk, the dungeons were amazing and actually hard, heroics could take up to 2 hrs to clear, arena is the best thing for pvp introduced in wow, TBC is the GOAT by far, stop being a dumb hater.

OP probably played TBC on private server (warmane with 7x xp and real money item shop) and thinks he experienced the real TBC lmao
    Last edited by Bumkin; 2019-10-21 at 04:43 AM.