Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Sorry, mate, but I rather play TBC than endure my crippled autoattack-based Ret, praying for SoC proc.

Stopped playing Vanilla atm, cause got tired of toxic retards, bashing me in BGs, and of sad reality that even with BiS gear I simply don't have enough tools to do stuff vs. 2/3 of other specs.

Biggest problem of today's WoW is that nearly HALF of players are toxic garbage, and Vanilla is no different. The amount of insults I've taken just cause I dare to play Ret in AV / AB, was unexpected.

Well, I always knew Vanilla sucked class-wise. And the only reason I played it, was the hope of getting TBC after (and keep my lvl 60 Ret ready for leveling onward, once TBC is released).
    Apparently from what I have learned if you mix melee dps gear with spell plate gear you can use SoR and it ends up doing far more than SoC could dream of since it has a pretty high spell power ratio and it applies on every hit too which normalizes your damage output but it can also crit.

That being said I cannot wait for TBC too lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait. If I could, I'd jump into a time machine to get TBC right now. Especially while most of us sit home in quarantine.

I think I would like a tbc server about as much as I like classic. I like the class abilities and design a little more in TBC but the quest-zones are not as good as classic. I would really like a wrath of the lich king server more.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.

Bland and boring Outland leveling that can be finished in a week.
    Boring is a relative term. Any xpac levelling can be done in a week. Fail #1

Faction imbalance issues that were prevalent when Blood Elves joined the Horde.
    Like when magic space goats that could self heal joined tha alliance for no reason at all except durp plot? Fail #2

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.
    Depends on what you want to do

TBC sort of ruined Warcraft lore. It was destroyed in The Burning Crusade.
    Translation: I didnt like the story therefore its ruined. Fail #3

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.
    Dunno what shit server YOU played on, but before all this sharding crap zones were always alive on decent pop servers. Fail#4

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.
    Sort of. A lack of any real reason to WPVP also helped. You cant force organic WPVP

Remeber how grindy the attunements were just to do a raid.
    Remember when you actually had to put the slightest bit of effort into a character? Fail#4

Uncreative TBC dungeons. Wings and hallways full of copy paste.
    As opposed to what we have now right?

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.
    Which is what they do now anyways... also Arena wasnt introduced until about 1/2 through TBC

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.
    If your entire dps depended on critting I suppose, and you ran into someone decked out in full glad gear

Gear vendors. A RPG where you buy all your gear off of a merchant in town.
    As opposed to now, where you just get 'X" piece each week, whether its what you need or not.. Fail#5

Daily quests inflating the economy. Repetitive and timegated.
    So.. you are bitching there is nothing to do in TBC.. and at the same time bitching there are dailies to do? TF kind of idiot are you? Fail#6

Remember how everyone on both factions flew in circles around Shattrah all day.
    See above. Fail#7

Remember how awful and boring Shattrah was as a capital city.
    Translation: I dont like the design... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Fail#8

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.
    Agree on Hyjal trash waves. BT was fun as hell

I just don't see the appeal for TBC. Nostalgia is a real thing you know.
    I dont see the appeal in having to see whiny idiots run their mouths online about something they dont have to do, probably never did, and couldnt handle it if it was released as a mainstream game today, but here you are anyways. You are just like every other loudmouthed moron yipping that "Classic will die in a month... I mean.. 3 months.. I mean 1 year.. I mean, noone wants TBC".. just go sit in a corner and shut the fuck up and let people play what they like

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wraysbury View Post
    TBC had:
    - pvp gear, so you didnt need to do any pve at all (besides leveling) before you could have fun in pvp

- the best world pvp experience at the isle of quel'danas (just avoid doing the dailies as there is no point in helping the island unlocking process which adds guards), a non flying area (something that was notably missing from wotlk, the worst xpack ever)

- the second best world pvp experience at the phasing quest in blades edge where killing people in the phased out world forced them to grind mobs again to get a new phasing device to drop

- the third best world pvp experience at the throne of kil'jaeden where killing people just after they fully charged the spark thing for the daily forced them to do it all over again

Runner up: ganking people deep in the netherwing mine which force respawned them at the gy and forced them to fight their entire way back in.

As much as I never gave the slightest fuck about classic, when they release TBC again I'll be all over it. Well, after it gets back to 2.4 anyway.
    So, in short, you're saying you derive fun in the game out of causing misery for others. Every example of PvP you just provided revolved around setting other players back and causing them grief. I mean, to each their own, but you're IMO the worst kind of person who PvPs because your sole enjoyment comes at the expense of others. You get a buzz/kick out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    I can't believe the fox race. Doesn't seem like it belongs in WoW. Yet, is retail even wow anymore at this point.
    said by someone with nick "worgenmaniac" ...

I don't understand how people here are defending TBC. It was fun 1 month but got boring after that, just raid logging and nothing else to do really. Guild activity is almost zero outside raid hours.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Updating Classic to TBC would totally kill that game. The only people left playing would be tryhard raiders.
    Yes...BC was what killed WoW...

/facepalm
    but numbers dropped compared to Classic so he's not wrong tho.
    Last edited by strixer; 2022-01-04 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    said by someone with nick "worgenmaniac" ...
    Yeah. We've had bear people from WC3, then we got another bear people, 2 kinds of centaur people, cow people, two kinds of pig people, cat centaur people. But fox people are somehow bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Numbers says all. TBC is in the lowest population from all of WoW chapters atm :P 1.Retail>2.Classic>3.Classic TBC

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Numbers says all. TBC is in the lowest population from all of WoW chapters atm :P 1.Retail>2.Classic>3.Classic TBC
    What numbers? Link?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    What numbers? Link?
    https://mmostats.com/

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't link anything even close to a methodology there, unless I missed it completely somehow. Seems like just an asspull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    They don't link anything even close to a methodology there, unless I missed it completely somehow. Seems like just an asspull.
    U can google other stats numbers seems equal. Blizzard doesnt show numbers so that's all we have.

U can google other stats numbers seems equal. Blizzard doesnt show numbers so that's all we have.
    https://twitter.com/KihraOfTemerity/...98461215154184

Yeah...about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    One can just see and check how many full servers there are on EU SL vs Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    I expect it's the same as all the other so called population trackers, i.e. they use laughable shit such as subreddit activity (no, really), tweets, and twitch viewership.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    One can just see and check how many full servers there are on EU SL vs Classic.
    This comparison between servers remains a terrible indicator.

First off, Retail realms are connected, therefore the population on a given server mean jackshit, nobody except Blizzard even knows whether those declarations refer to the characters on that server or within that realmgroup.
    And by the way, Blizzard went really nuts with connecting realms in the months leading up to Shadowlands.

Second, TBC Realms have layering, due to that, you have singular realms that hold the population of multiple servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This comparison between servers remains a terrible indicator.

First off, Retail realms are connected, therefore the population on a given server mean jackshit, nobody except Blizzard even knows whether those declarations refer to the characters on that server or within that realmgroup.
    Not all realms are connected there is the list for EU for example https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/14296

Top 4 full realms in EU arent connected and it's pretty easy to get some perspective of their population since only very small portion of playerbase actually steps their foot into mythic:

https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/t...ing.#rating390 Twisting Nether has at least 248 guilds that killed 1 boss on mythic -> at least 4960 players stepped into mythic.

https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/d...ing.#rating390 Draenor 276 guilds killed 1st boss on mythic -> at least 5520 players stepped into mythic.

https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/kazzak/rating/prev/13/rating.#rating390
    Kazzak 256 -> at least 5120 players in mythic.

https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/s...ing.#rating390 Silvermoon 182 guilds -> at least 3640 players in mythic.

So are you telling realm population means jackshit on non connected servers? If ~5k players who raided mythic are minority on their realm obiously the server is well packed with people so FULL status is justified. I play both versions of WoW (TBC and retail) in EU and only 2 servers in classic EU have enough ppl to deserve full status.

Top 4 full realms in EU arent connected and it's pretty easy to get some perspective of their population since only very small portion of playerbase actually steps their foot into mythic:
    I have no idea why you want to use raiding as an indicator when the guy who runs WCL literally said that TBC is bigger on that front.
    So are you telling realm population means jackshit on non connected servers?
    Considering it actually makes little difference due to CRZ, it actually has next to no impact on the most players.

It might be boring for you, but many people are having a lot of fun.
    I quit before xmass myself, but i only played for the start and ive already done all the raids 15 years ago and was starting to be bored.
    But i dont feel a need to tell everybody else to feel the same.