Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Diablo IV announcement is imminent.

An advertisement in a German gaming magazine is directly referencing Diablo IV in an upcoming book of Diablo art (coming November 2019). This means the announcement will indeed happen during Blizzcon.

Are you excited now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...tm_name=iossmf
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-10-18 at 11:02 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    What if they said that Diablo 4 was Immortals. That wouldn't very exciting.
    Dont think they would do that, becuse of last blizzcon. But todays blizzard..who knows. The diablo hype is pretty much dead since last year anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, is any of you still excited about it? I mean after last year, I am not even waiting for it. Even if we get an announcement, it will probably be a very early one with little to show.
    Considering a Diablo 4 announcement was pulled last year at apparently the last moment, they've had a whole year to work on it since.

It might be in a far more finished state than you might think. It wouldn't surprise me if it was playable on the convention floor, with a date for the beta announced and an opt in activated right after the opening ceremony.

Seems legit, especially considering Diablo Immortal is mostly reused art from D3 rather than something new that's worth putting into an artbook.

Eh, is any of you still excited about it? I mean after last year, I am not even waiting for it. Even if we get an announcement, it will probably be a very early one with little to show.
    Am always excited about a new game being shown. Now will it be good? Given I haven't liked any of expansions to WoW/HS they've put out in the past like 4 years.. My hopes aren't the highest.

This year is the first time I won't be getting the virtual ticket, so I guess that shows my general trust in Blizzard too.

now the question is what is diablo 4?

is it a traditional diablo game just updated graphics and shit

or

is it a full first person rpg like skyrim?

or

is it a top down mmo like runescape except with diablo gameplay ofc?

what is it!!

None of us were waiting for Diablo 3 when it finally launched, either. Whether or not people get excited will depend on what is revealed!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Wonder if they'll do another Annual Pass.

WoW beta + free Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Considering a Diablo 4 announcement was pulled last year at apparently the last moment, they've had a whole year to work on it since.

It might be in a far more finished state than you might think. It wouldn't surprise me if it was playable on the convention floor, with a date for the beta announced and an opt in activated right after the opening ceremony.
    Finished state or not, unless they've reverted completely to D2 design, it is completely worthless. And this time, D4 is riding on the coat tail of D3's failure, sure it was a financial success, but only because it was riding on the legend of D2. Now they'll have to prove themselves doubly so, and it just aint happening lol. D4 is going to crash even harder than D3, unless they've hired Blizzard North back the only dudes that knew the meaning of fun.

Yeah, no

I'm in the camp that believes it's a screw-up from the add creator, and it was meant to say Diablo: Immortal.

...this is especially true since they didn't mention Diablo: Immortal's art in the same line at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Finished state or not, unless they've reverted completely to D2 design, it is completely worthless. And this time, D4 is riding on the coat tail of D3's failure, sure it was a financial success, but only because it was riding on the legend of D2. Now they'll have to prove themselves doubly so, and it just aint happening lol. D4 is going to crash even harder than D3, unless they've hired Blizzard North back the only dudes that knew the meaning of fun.
    Diablo 3 is one of the most successful games ever. There was nothing that failed or crashed with Diablo 3. Some diehard Diablo fans might have been disappointed by it or its longtime appeal yet it's an incredibly successful entry in the series and right there besides WoW and Overwatch as Blizzard's most successful game ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Yeah, no

I'm in the camp that believes it's a screw-up from the add creator, and it was meant to say Diablo: Immortal.

...this is especially true since they didn't mention Diablo: Immortal's art in the same line at all.
    Because advertising a mobile game for your art book would be hilarious. And Diablo Immortal is so toxic that they want to avoid any publicity about it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    An advertisement in a German gaming magazine is directly referencing Diablo IV in an upcoming book of Diablo art (coming November 2019). This means the announcement will indeed happen during Blizzcon.

Are you excited now?

Uh...that is old news, the art of diablo book I have known most of this year..how is this any confirmation of a new game? I think it's artwork for previous games instead. Like the new art of hearthstone book, The World of Warcraft Pop-Up Book, Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft The Firelord Puzzle
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-10-20 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Yeah, no

Because Immortal Art is D3 art, have you looked at the game, it just reuses the assets of D3...

Are you excited now?

Not if they dont rehire blizzard of the north peeps and learn why d3 didnt even remotly measure to diablo 2.

Have your phones ready!! Pre download soon™!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

It is always hilarious to see people hype themselves up for no reason then get mad that their unrealistic expectation wasn't met. How many times do you need to get bitten before learning your lesson.

When every year announce that this is the time that diablo 4 and diablo 2 remaster is coming maybe one year it is coming true

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    It is always hilarious to see people hype themselves up for no reason then get mad that their unrealistic expectation wasn't met. How many times do you need to get bitten before learning your lesson.
    Tbh Blizzard themselves drove the hype machine in 2017 for example, then nothing. Now the hype kept building for 2018 and even though they put up a post about that Blizzcon might be a disappointment(IMO they should have just said outright Blizzcon 2018 != D4), but people ignored that as the message was somewhat convoluted and promised something at Blizzcon. Everyone thought it meant D3 getting additional content while we wait.. But it was a mobile game that nobody in their core audience wanted. And their handling of the Q&A dug them even deeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is one of the most successful games ever. There was nothing that failed or crashed with Diablo 3. Some diehard Diablo fans might have been disappointed by it or its longtime appeal yet it's an incredibly successful entry in the series and right there besides WoW and Overwatch as Blizzard's most successful game ever.
    That is a very strange thing to say about a dead game lol.. D3 literally only made money initially because of D2 epicness.

Don't shill too hard there.

yeah yeah i know. /captainamerica