Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If Cenarius looks like a male Night Elf...

And his father was Malorne and his mother was Elune... his stag half comes from Malorne, so his Night Elf form comes from Elune. Does that mean Elune looks like a Night Elf?

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    And his father was Malorne and his mother was Elune... his stag half comes from Malorne, so his Night Elf form comes from Elune. Does that mean Elune looks like a Night Elf?
    probably. most art is her looking like a nightelf and the "shrines" in darnassus (RIP) all show her looking like a nightelf

edit* the shrines in darnassus were of her first priestess, my bad
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Well, the Night Elves depict and describe Elune to look like a Night Elf, yes. But we have no further confirmation on this.

Did Cenarius mate with night elves or deer to make his children?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Well, the Night Elves depict and describe Elune to look like a Night Elf, yes. But we have no further confirmation on this.
    True, but I'm talking about Cenarius looking like a Night Elf. If Cenarius is the son of Malorne and Elune, and Malorne looks like a stag, Elune has to look like a Night Elf, right? Else, where is this coming from.

I mean even if she did look like a female Night Elf it would still be kinda weird. Cause the Night Elves wouldn't be directly related to her, they are Dark Trolls that evolved into Night Elves because of their proximity to the Well of Eternity. So why would Elune's genes in Cenarius make him look like a male Night Elf? Is there a male counterpart to Elune? Is she the last of her race and that's what males of her species looked like? If she's a unique being, then wouldn't a child of hers simply look like her, like a mix of a stag and a female Night Elf, rather than a male?

It's sort of weird. Maybe Cenarius wasn't originally meant to be the son of Malorne and Elune, and the original conception was that of a member of the Night Elf race or something, but I don't know. I know that there was some contradiction about him actually being the son of Ysera, but that would make even less sense. Since the child of a stag and a dragon would also never make him look like a male Night Elf. It's really weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He doesn't have to, because he already looks like a Night Elf. I don't know how the fuck these things were made. I only know Centaur are the mix of Theradras and a son of Cenarius.

Maybe Cenarius was also warped by the Well of Eternity and originally looked more like a stag than anything else. Although he really looks more like a horse. And Night Elves only look the way they do because of how they evolved from Trolls. They have a lot of similarities and you can see how a more evolved Troll would eventually come to look like a Night Elf.

Maybe Elune really looks like a Troll and she led the Dark Trolls to the Well of Eternity because they worshipped her, and that's why she helps the Night Elves but not the other Troll tribes?
    Last edited by fikcrim; 2019-10-19 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    All he knows is he had some wild 3 some parties with both, and 15 years later some dryad shows up killing him papa.

I think the real question here is how a giant deer thing mated with a celestial body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    True, but I'm talking about Cenarius looking like a Night Elf. If Cenarius is the son of Malorne and Elune, and Malorne looks like a stag, Elune has to look like a Night Elf, right? Else, where is this coming from.

I mean even if she did look like a female Night Elf it would still be kinda weird. Cause the Night Elves wouldn't be directly related to her, they are Dark Trolls that evolved into Night Elves because of their proximity to the Well of Eternity. So why would Elune's genes in Cenarius make him look like a male Night Elf? Is there a male counterpart to Elune? Is she the last of her race and that's what males of her species looked like? If she's a unique being, then wouldn't a child of hers simply look like her, like a mix of a stag and a female Night Elf, rather than a male?

It's sort of weird. Maybe Cenarius wasn't originally meant to be the son of Malorne and Elune, and the original conception was that of a member of the Night Elf race or something, but I don't know. I know that there was some contradiction about him actually being the son of Ysera, but that would make even less sense. Since the child of a stag and a dragon would also never make him look like a male Night Elf. It's really weird.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't have to, because he already looks like a Night Elf. I don't know how the fuck these things were made. I only know Centaur are the mix of Theradras and a son of Cenarius.

Maybe Cenarius was also warped by the Well of Eternity and originally looked more like a stag than anything else. Although he really looks more like a horse. And Night Elves only look the way they do because of how they evolved from Trolls. They have a lot of similarities and you can see how a more evolved Troll would eventually come to look like a Night Elf.

Maybe Elune really looks like a Troll and she led the Dark Trolls to the Well of Eternity because they worshipped her, and that's why she helps the Night Elves but not the other Troll tribes?
    The theory on all of this is that Elune, together with the Well, are what caused the Dark Trolls to evolve into Night Elves. However, not all Dark Trolls turned into Night Elves, as we're seeing with WC3R datamining.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think the real question here is how a giant deer thing mated with a celestial body.
    Elune probably transformed into a deer or something

Or, worst case scenario, she kidnapped him to the moon and made him bang one of her craters
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Love finds a way.

I always thought it was implied that Elune turned the trolls into her visage. So she would obviously look like something elvish or perhaps even more pure

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Elune probably transformed into a deer or something

Or, worst case scenario, she kidnapped him to the moon and made him bang one of her craters
    A huge moonbeam comes down like a UFO abducting a cow, pulling Malorne to the moon's surface, where there's just a giant butt-shaped rock formation. The camera cuts away as smooth jazz plays...

A Steamy Romance Novel: ...

Love finds a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    The theory on all of this is that Elune, together with the Well, are what caused the Dark Trolls to evolve into Night Elves. However, not all Dark Trolls turned into Night Elves, as we're seeing with WC3R datamining.
    Not all Dark Trolls were conned into mutating and losing their rad tusks
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I always thought it was implied that Elune turned the trolls into her visage. So she would obviously look like something elvish or perhaps even more pure
    That still doesn't answer where the male Night Elf look comes from. If male Night Elves are male Dark Trolls that were turned into Night Elves by Elune or the Well of Eternity or both, then why does Cenarius look like one as well and where does that look come from. Is there a male counterpart to Elune or did Blizzard just not really think this through.

I mean, history in the real world has people that believed planets slept with people...

3+ Year Old Account
    Elune probably looks like a Night Elf from this line of reasoning.
    Dark Trolls became Night Elves due to the proximity to the Well of Eternity.
    The Well of Eternity was made of the blood of Azeroth.
    Can we then infer that Elune = Azeroth?
    And the moon they worship, possibly being a chunk of Azeroth, similar to Earth's moon, could hold a concentrated supply of her power that hasn't been diluted by all the other mystical forces to reach the planet, therefore explaining the priestesses of Elune being able to draw power from it.
    The Dark Moon thing is still a mystery, perhaps Void corruption exists even there? Or the energy composing Elune/Azeroth transcends the physicality of the celestial bodies.

I figure Elune looks something like the Guardian of Mana from torchlight (Some of their personnel used to work at Blizzard so I figure there might have been art crossover)

So she'll probably be somewhat Featureless to keep the 'distant' feeling while still retaining something vaguely elf-like about her, but 'celestial' aesthetic, owl wings, and a 'nightsaber' lower half.

(I theorize Elune helped Eonar make the Tol'vir and that's why they're catlike and some have wings)
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I figure Elune looks something like the Guardian of Mana from torchlight (Some of their personnel used to work at Blizzard so I figure there might have been art crossover)

So she'll probably be somewhat Featureless to keep the 'distant' feeling while still retaining something vaguely elf-like about her, but 'celestial' aesthetic, owl wings, and a 'nightsaber' lower half.

(I theorize Elune helped Eonar make the Tol'vir and that's why they're catlike and some have wings)
    That would not explain why Cenarius looks like a male Night Elf.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    I mean, history in the real world has people that believed planets slept with people...
    Not even close. It just happens we named the planets after their gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, she probably does look like a night elf, while the well did it's thing she probably helped shaped them in her image. So Malorne being a being with night elven features makes sense.....I think.