Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

What if no Expac reveal - Blizzcon

All these threads of fake leaks and speculation on 9.0, but 8.3 isn't even out, yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no blizzcon announcement about a new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be pretty disappointing

Rofl, why even have a Blizzcon then. To invite everyone to talk about Diablo Immortal and banning Hong Kong protests?

Legion was the only expansion not announced at Blizzcon. They are also releasing their final raid tier on the PTR. They are announcing next expansion at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    All these threads of fake leaks and speculation on 9.0, but 8.3 isn't even out, yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no blizzcon announcement about a new expansion.
    Then you'd be clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Rofl, why even have a Blizzcon then. To invite everyone to talk about Diablo Immortal and banning Hong Kong protests?
    They might still cancel it the way things are going right now. They are finally getting what they deserve.

That's like Blizzard sabotaging itself. Why would they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So the usual?

Then why on earth would they not just wait with 8.3 for a bit? "Hey, let's not have 8.3 nor next expansion announced on BlizzCon." That'd be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Does your carer know you're on the computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    They might still cancel it the way things are going right now. They are finally getting what they deserve.
    Not sure if you actually mean what you say, but they're announcing some big stuff this year. Despite the outcry, there are still more people who care about announcements than there are people upset over Hong Kong protests.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    So the usual?
    Well, it'd be BLATANT. They usually shoot themselves in the foot on release date with buggy roll outs and unfinished or rushed product, never when it comes to false promises and marketing!

If they don't announce at Blizzcon then we wouldn't get an announcement until AT LEAST summer 2020 and potentially not until Blizzcon 2020. Then we would have to wait until summer 2021 for the actual expansion release.

That would mean 8.3 lasting almost 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't do that...they just can't. If there isn't a reveal at Blizzcon then that would be like shooting themselves in both feet and then painfully stumbling into a pit of spears.

They NEED some good press right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    They can't do that...they just can't. If there isn't a reveal at Blizzcon then that would be like shooting themselves in both feet and then painfully stumbling into a pit of spears.

They NEED some good press right now.
    Yes, which means they need a good WoW expansion announcement and reception, good Diablo 4 announcement and reception, They need to announce WC3 Reforged release date, and they need for the "peaceful" protests to be just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Exactly part of the reason I expect it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it is main part of Blizzcon announcements, WoW expac reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Then you'd be clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah blizzard is the reason problems exists in the world and the whole Hong Kong situation is their fault. Finally some justice in this world.

If they don't announce a new expansion, but rather announce WoW mobile..... I just can't imagine the shitstorm. Maybe all the fanboys would actually join the Hong Kong protesters and ravage the entire place.

they wouldn't have announced 8.3 before blizzcon if they weren't announcing an xpac.

like what else could they possible announce other than 8.3 and a xpac? even if they announce a new game in the warcraft IP, they still would have to announce something for WoW itself.

Don't worry about Blizzard doing this. They specifically have 8.3 revealed already before Blizzcon, so they can focus most of Blizzcon on the next expansion. They could have delayed it, and had the reveal of that patch at Blizzcon, but they specifically chose to get it out of the way.

They've done this before. Normally I'm careful with absolutes, but with how much the Blizzard team has been hype for this Blizzcon, and given their current strategy, I am pretty much 100% fully certain Blizzcon will focus mainly on the next expansion, not 8.3.