Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Dragon Isles and the Drakonaar

Hello all! I've created a concept for a dragonkin allied race that comes from the Dragon Isles. I am looking for artists that are interested in doing some commissioned work.

History
    For tens of thousands of years, the isolated Dragon Isles have been embroiled in ceaseless war between conflicting factions of dragonkin, fought predominantly by the Drakonaar, a race of humanoid dragonkin with mysterious origins. The isles were once the nexus of a grand draconic empire led by the Aspects, though inevitably a major Void incursion would splinter the civilization and drive the dragonflights from their ancestral archipelago. This invasion, led by the forces of the Old Gods, would corrupt the entirety of the isles, though their advance was finally halted by the Aspects who weaved powerful Arcane spells to permanently encase the Dragon Isles within a magical barrier. This barrier took the form of a roiling storm that stretches from Azeroth's firmament to the sea and even down into the bowels of her earth, supposedly reaching the core itself where the world-soul sleeps. As such, nothing could pass through this barrier and so the rest of Azeroth would be protected, though the darkness would fester and taint all remaining within. Most Drakonaar and dragonflight remnants have long been corrupted and serve the Old Gods, though even after eons their remains a resistance: Five clans of Drakonaar remain, who long ago banded together for survival. They reside within a nigh-impregnable fortress city that dominates one of the major islands of the archipelago, where they maintain a tenuous civilization to resist the ever-expanding forces of the neo-Black Empire.

Game Plot
    Thanks to the Cult of Galakrond, a group that has been plotting from the shadows around the entirety of Azeroth and beyond, the eponymously named dragon himself has returned to Azeroth. Unbeknownst to the mortals, he was freed from his imprisonment within the Maw and used Zereth Mortis to return to Azeroth, where he resided within his bones, being nurtured by the cult with the souls of dragons and mortals alike. Players do quests to investigate and root out the cultists that have infiltrated the major cities. This leads them to the Dragonblight, where they fight the cult and attempt to prevent them finishing the ritual to raise Galakrond. We're too late and witness the dragon progenitor rise, though in a weakened, skeletal state. He's nonetheless so powerful that his rise releases a blast of dark energy that wipes out the most of the Dragonblight. Wyrmrest Temple collapses, the dragonshrines are obliterated, and nearly all of the Alliance-Horde forces are disintegrated. The player of course survives and wakes up in a Tuskarr village far from the calamity, along with the few other survivors. We then find out about the Dragon Isles as the storm barrier begins to act up, with lightning storms and tidal waves emanating from the sea far away, to the north of Quel'thalas and east of Northrend. We get there in time to see the absolutely massive Galakrond (Deathwing is like a pup next to him) blasting the barrier with necrotic dragon breath. The barrier reacts violently, with gigantic bolts of Arcane lightning striking at the skeletal father of dragons. The players blast him from their air ships, serving to distract him until another release of lightning seems to defeat him as he falls into the sea, sinking beneath the waves. An eerie glow from beneath the surface is seen though as Galakrond rises back up, this time wrapped in a shadowy sinew that covers much of his skeleton almost like a cloak. With a charged blast of necrotic energy this time seemingly infused with Void, he shatters the barrier which releases a thunderous shockwave that once again wipes out the Alliance-Horde forces. Galakrond flies to the main isle and roosts atop the monolithic spires of the Black City, roaring triumphantly. The players wash up on the coast of one of the lesser isles and are saved by the good Drakonaar. The questlines on the Dragon Isles then begin, with the players aiding the Drakonaar in their resistance, improving things on their island city sanctuary and establishing footholds on the other isles. The cult, Void-torn dragonkin, Galakrond and his Unliving all seek to open the path for the Void Lords by means of summoning an Old God into Azeroth. D'loth, Render of Veils, even more powerful than Y'shaarj was, has the capability to open the way to Zereth Umbra. If successful, the Void Lords will be able to enter reality, whereupon they will consume Azeroth and all of its inhabitants.

The Clans of the Dragon Isles (Drakonaar Allied Races)
    Five clans remain free of the Void's reign to this day.

Clan Aegistar (Red)
    Of all the Drakonaar that fight to preserve life on the Dragon Isles, none are as devoted as the Aegistar Clan, who are perhaps the most battle-tested of all the clans due to their extensive history of active warfare. Altruistic to a fault, these Drakonaar comprise most of the resistance forces and city guard, whilst simultaneously filling roles as spiritual advisors for their oft-weary kin. They serve with such faith and devotion that they are blessed by the Light, a boon they have historically attributed to the sun.

Classes Available at Character Creation:
    Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman, Monk, Mage, Priest

Racial Traits:
    [Breath of Purity] - Instant cast, 5 minute cooldown - Breathe a stream of blessed flame, dealing X Radiant damage to up to 8 enemies and removing any Poison, Disease and Curse effects from friendly targets in a cone in front of the caster.
    [Watch the Tail] - Instant cast, 2 minute cooldown - Unleash a powerful tail swipe, dealing X Physical damage to enemies within melee range positioned behind you and knocking them back a short distance.
    [Crimson Scales] - Passive - Reduces Physical and Fire damage taken by 1%.
    [Dragon Soul] - Passive - Experience gained from killing Dragonkin increased by 10%. Reduces the range at which Dragonkin will attack you by 10 yards.
    [Undying Resistance] - Passive - Increases your Versatility as your Health decreases.

Clan Runescale (Blue)
    Those of the Runescale Clan have long been fascinated by magic. Having an endless appetite for knowledge and the cleverness to make use of it, these Blue Drakonaar seek mastery over magic. After all, it is ultimately magic that saves all Drakonaar from death, or worse. They will often assist the resistance with their powerful spellcasting, while often becoming teachers, researchers and other keepers of knowledge in the city.

Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Mage, Priest, Warlock

Racial Traits:
    [Breath of Retention] - Instant cast, 5 minute cooldown - Breathe a stream of enchanted frostfire, dealing X Frostfire damage to up to 8 enemies in a cone in front of the caster and freezing them in place for 10 seconds. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.
    [Watch the Tail] - Instant cast, 2 minute cooldown - Unleash a powerful tail swipe, dealing X Physical damage to enemies within melee range positioned behind you and knocking them back a short distance.
    [Azure Scales] - Passive - Reduces Physical and Frost damage taken by 1%.
    [Dragon Soul] - Passive - Experience gained from killing Dragonkin increased by 10%. Reduces the range at which Dragonkin will attack you by 10 yards.
    [Undying Resistance] - Passive - Increases your Versatility as your Health decreases.

Clan Dreamstride (Green)
    With an inherent connection to the Emerald Dream, many of the Green Drakonaar of the Dreamstride Clan protect their people by sleeping and fighting the corruption within the Dream. Those who stay awake spend their days cultivating crops and livestock, and watching over their sleeping kin. They are typically only seen in the city proper to trade resources, usually preferring to stay within the forests that cover a sizeable portion of the island.

Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Druid, Monk, Priest

Racial Traits:
    [Breath of Lucidity] - Instant cast, 5 minute cooldown - Breathe a stream of emerald dreamfire, dealing X Firestorm damage to up to 8 enemies and removing any movement impairing or loss of control effects from friendly players in a cone in front of the caster.
    [Verdant Scales] - Passive - Reduces Physical and Nature damage taken by 1%.

Clan Foreseer (Bronze)
    Though not capable of time travel like their draconic predecessors, Bronze Drakonaar are able to see throughout time in their visions. This makes the Foreseer Clan an invaluable strategic asset as their divination allows for such preparation that the resistance is able to succeed in warfare against the forces of the all-seeing Old Gods. Constantly watching the timeways leads them to be somewhat reclusive, but when within the city they serve as valued advisors and similar to their blue cousins, various keepers of knowledge.

Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Monk, Mage, Priest

Racial Traits:
    [Breath of Enlightenment] - Instant cast, 5 minute cooldown - Breathe a stream of mystic sand, dealing X Arcane damage to up to 8 enemies and increasing the movement speed of friendly targets in a cone in front of the caster by 30% for 10 seconds.
    [Shimmering Scales] - Passive - Reduces Physical and Arcane damage taken by 1%.

Clan Steelheart (Black)
    The Black Drakonaar's connection to the earth is unfortunately as much a curse as it is a blessing, for as one reaches deeper into the abyss, louder becomes the whispers of the Old Gods. Clan Steelheart, however, will not fall as their predecessors had, for they resist the darkness with will unbreakable. Their stoic and reserved demeanor around outsiders gives them an air of mystery, but to those accepted into their cavernous hidden village a different side of the Steelheart can be seen. A deep passion and penchant for the sciences, technology and metallurgy, thanks to the clan's long-held knowledge of Titan technology. They serve as the primary blacksmiths and engineers for the city, producing armor, weaponry and technology that rivals the capabilities of Azeroth's greatest craftsmen.

Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Mage, Priest, Warlock

Racial Traits:
    [Breath of Resolve] - Instant cast, 5 minute cooldown - Breathe a stream of dark shadowflame, dealing X Shadowflame damage to up to 8 enemies in a cone in front of the caster and reducing their Armor by X for 10 seconds.
    [Obsidian Scales] - Passive - Reduces Physical and Shadow damage taken by 1%.

Chromatic Dealignment
    Nefarian's research was not entirely useless. Wrathion and his newfound followers from the Steelheart Clan have figured out how to remove a dragonkin's alignment to its dragonflight without the horrid consequences of genetic destabilization. Reaching exalted with the Drakonaar faction opens the questline to unlock this feature, which allows Drakonaar players to effectively become chromatic. They are able to switch between the variants of their Breath racial ability, customize their appearance with options from all of the Drakonaar variants along with an additional variety of customization options related to the chromatic dragonflight such as pink and purple hues for scale color.

More to come!
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2022-03-17 at 01:56 PM.

Honestly I've never been a huge fan of the idea of Dragonkin as a race.. but this is probably better than most of the usual ideas.

For criticism... I kind of like the idea of the Dragonflights much like how Maghar have a choice on clan, but the class restrictions are overly confusing. Otherwise it's not bad but definitely needs racials or there's not much to judge :P.

For ideas.. well first of all the obvious go-to Racial ability would be a breath attack, maybe one that changes with your chosen dragonflight. Also a resistence to your flight's respective element. Red = Fire / Blue = Ice or Arcane / Green = Nature / Black = Shadow / Bronze =… uh..... uhhhhh…. Physical? I'm kind of at a loss for the last one.. Also an idea to make Black Draken make more sense is that we know of corrupted Black Dragons that are still around and presumably breeding still, maybe Wrathion (assuming he survives N'zoth) and Ebonhorn are cleansing new Black Dragon eggs on the isles to rebuild their flight.

7+ Year Old Account
    100% against more neutral races

but just for feedback it don't make sense tied the race with the class, its cut away your customization, dragons don't see as a shamanistic race
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-19 at 04:53 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    100% against more neutral races

but just for feedback it don't make sene tied the race with the class, its cut away your customization, dragons don't see as a shamanistic race
    As of the latest edit I put a little explanation into the class choices. The subraces of Draken based on dragonflight play a role in some of their cultural mores, and other ways not. Practicing the Light, Void or Spirit (Chi) is atypical for dragonkin, but the Draken have become more humanoid in mindset as the years have gone by. Not to mention, they'll take what they can get on the Dragon Isles as life is pretty rough there. Besides, who wouldn't want shamans as a playable class? Especially in the case of Black Draken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice writing.

However, my opinion is, alle the Draken, Draconi's are more neutral, then Pandaren-neutral.
    Meaning, they wont never choose an other humanoid-faction then their own race.

It's nice we can play Pandaren on both factions, but it's still far from logical. Living for thousands of years peaceful on a hidden island ..so they had learned to solve disputes peaceful.....and now after one action, and only between 2 individuals, you have tot choose a factions other then yours, and you have to kill your own race and former friends. Far from logical, but nice both factions can play them, and no, Blizz. wont create something like this again.
    Too bad, cause I would really love to see a playable Draken.

Even if each faction discovers a secluded 'family, sub-sub-race, or whatever' I believe they would first join their own race and faction, Because of the question: Who AM I?

However I see possibilities for a playable Draken as a third faction, likely way more neutral. But with some favor to one of the 2 factions, Because of reputation, understanding of language and so on.

In short, to make Draken playable, we have to think really hard about, How to get a third faction working?
    Last edited by Obvious10; 2019-10-19 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Had to correct typis, and the auto-correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    As of the latest edit I put a little explanation into the class choices. The subraces of Draken based on dragonflight play a role in some of their cultural mores, and other ways not. Practicing the Light, Void or Spirit (Chi) is atypical for dragonkin, but the Draken have become more humanoid in mindset as the years have gone by. Not to mention, they'll take what they can get on the Dragon Isles as life is pretty rough there. Besides, who wouldn't want shamans as a playable class? Especially in the case of Black Draken.
    and why the other would not be able to chose other classes too?

like i said i hate the arbitrary class set, and this could be a opportunity to not do that, think about fun first, i myself would not like to be obligated to play one color because its the only that have the class i want.

3+ Year Old Account
    and why the other would not be able to chose other classes too?

like i said i hate the arbitrary class set, and this could be a opportunity to not do that, think about fun first, i myself would not like to be obligated to play one color because its the only that have the class i want.
    I understand and agree with your position for the most part, and I would like to see what your recommendations would be for available classes. However, I am also in the camp of "lore before gameplay" when it comes to some of the mechanics. Currently I like the distinction between the subraces' class choices, all of it based on what I have in mind for each one's lore.

But that may very well change!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    Honestly I've never been a huge fan of the idea of Dragonkin as a race.. but this is probably better than most of the usual ideas.

For criticism... I kind of like the idea of the Dragonflights much like how Maghar have a choice on clan, but the class restrictions are overly confusing. Otherwise it's not bad but definitely needs racials or there's not much to judge :P.

For ideas.. well first of all the obvious go-to Racial ability would be a breath attack, maybe one that changes with your chosen dragonflight. Also a resistence to your flight's respective element. Red = Fire / Blue = Ice or Arcane / Green = Nature / Black = Shadow / Bronze =… uh..... uhhhhh…. Physical? I'm kind of at a loss for the last one.. Also an idea to make Black Draken make more sense is that we know of corrupted Black Dragons that are still around and presumably breeding still, maybe Wrathion (assuming he survives N'zoth) and Ebonhorn are cleansing new Black Dragon eggs on the isles to rebuild their flight.
    The breath attack will certainly be one of their racials. And you're basically right on the money. The breath will do the same magic damage but with a different damage type and obviously different aesthetics.
    Red - Fire
    Blue - Frost
    Green - Nature
    Bronze - Arcane (I know blue's use arcane but think back to time being part of the arcane, and classically the blue dragons used frost magic)
    Black - Shadow

I don't know if you had the chance to read that part, but the black whelp Fera is the first to have been purified through Wrathion and Ebonhorn's efforts. There is a catch, however: The Black Draken of the Steelheart Clan have an affinity for metallurgy and magic related to it. This had an effect on Fera (Fera - Ferrum [Iron])

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obvious10 View Post
    Nice writing.

However, my opinion is, alle the Draken, Draconi's are more neutral, then Pandaren-neutral.
    Meaning, they wont never choose an other humanoid-faction then their own race.

It's nice we can play Pandaren on both factions, but it's still far from logical. Living for thousands of years peaceful on a hidden island ..so they had learned to solve disputes peaceful.....and now after one action, and only between 2 individuals, you have tot choose a factions other then yours, and you have to kill your own race and former friends. Far from logical, but nice both factions can play them, and no, Blizz. wont create something like this again.
    Too bad, cause I would really love to see a playable Draken.

Even if each faction discovers a secluded 'family, sub-sub-race, or whatever' I believe they would first join their own race and faction, Because of the question: Who AM I?

However I see possibilities for a playable Draken as a third faction, likely way more neutral. But with some favor to one of the 2 factions, Because of reputation, understanding of language and so on.

In short, to make Draken playable, we have to think really hard about, How to get a third faction working?
    Thank you, friend. I am more than anything trying to write something that makes sense in Blizzard's canon and also brings something new to the table. And you're totally right, choosing sides makes no sense for outsiders who would have to kill their own people given they chose the opposite faction.
    That's why I support the concept of free agency. If possible, allow every race to join either faction.

Playable Dragonkin specializing in the aspects' diverse abilities?

I did see the Fera stuff and I like it, but you wrote she's the only one on the Island and I wanted to suggest you could have a small but growing number of dragons and/or at least the Draken of the newly cleansed.

10+ Year Old Account
    About my thoughts for a third faction what I think is needed for playing Draken, their is a common thread of neutral factions we could use to make a third faction work, we could join them per expansion?

Some of these,
    The Cenarion Circle,
    The Earthen Ring,
    The Kirin Tor,
    And in Legion all classes have their own neutral-hub.
    With the help of these and other neutral factions we could travel from one story/expansion to the other.

As a neutral faction, we dont have a really home town, we use the towns, hub's of the other neutral factions, and your more favoured Alliance of Horde city. However we do have a very small hidden town, underground or island. Only allowed to Draken, the other neutral factions, some Pandaren?, and by high exception leaders of Horde-Alliance.

If ppl want to think about and discuss on a Third Faction for Draken and others, I suggest someone should make a new thread about this subject.

Ik hope you will get your Draken, thumbs up.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Playable Dragonkin specializing in the aspects' diverse abilities?

It has potential and wouldn't even require a significant amount of new art assets!

- - - Updated - - -

I did see the Fera stuff and I like it, but you wrote she's the only one on the Island and I wanted to suggest you could have a small but growing number of dragons and/or at least the Draken of the newly cleansed.
    I like that. I would like if each group of Draken had their own subplot, and the Black would be largely about rebuilding and finding leadership in Ebonhorn and Wrathion. The latter being significantly weakened due to what happened in Ny'alotha. I really hope he survives that encounter, btw!
    I also enjoy the idea of a sort of black dragon subspecies that follow in Fera's footsteps regarding metallomancy. She could even be a future broodmother.

- - - Updated - - -

About my thoughts for a third faction what I think is needed for playing Draken, their is a common thread of neutral factions we could use to make a third faction work, we could join them per expansion?

Some of these,
    The Cenarion Circle,
    The Earthen Ring,
    The Kirin Tor,
    And in Legion all classes have their own neutral-hub.
    With the help of these and other neutral factions we could travel from one story/expansion to the other.

As a neutral faction, we dont have a really home town, we use the towns, hub's of the other neutral factions, and your more favoured Alliance of Horde city. However we do have a very small hidden town, underground or island. Only allowed to Draken, the other neutral factions, some Pandaren?, and by high exception leaders of Horde-Alliance.

If ppl want to think about and discuss on a Third Faction for Draken and others, I suggest someone should make a new thread about this subject.

Ik hope you will get your Draken, thumbs up.
    So would that third faction essentially serve as the "factionless" faction?

I was just thinking of more ideas for the racials as well. So first off the Elemental Breath (Draconic Breath?) ability can be expanded further with effects unique to each flight as well as elemental damage. Red = Fire damage and heals allies / Blue = Ice damage and freezes enemies like frost nova / Green = Nature damage and sleeps weak enemies for a very short duration (more of a stun) / Bronze = Arcane damage and slows? / Black = Shadow damage and maybe fear or something? Last two might definitely need work but damage alone is boring.

Second we have the resistances as mentioned before. No change there, resistance = elemental color

Third would be a passive racial that changes based on flight as well. I'm having a tough time thinking up ideas for all the flights so I'm just gonna write the ones I have. Black = Ironscale - reduces damage taken by X% (maybe just physical?) / Bronze = Turn Back the Clock - heal for X% of damage taken over X seconds / Green = I'm not sure but I was thinking of something along the lines of sleep for a short duration in order to regen something.. healing seems too generic but makes sense as opposed to mana/resources which are all over the place these days and would be way OP for some specs and useless to others. / no ideas for blue or red.

10+ Year Old Account

So would that third faction essentially serve as the "factionless" faction?
    Could be.

But perhaps we can build things up, like we start with only Draken, then we are embraced by some of the dragons and so on building the story.

For example Chromie could be our main quest-giver, useful for too many reasons, and because she loves us, ofcourse

Edit,
    However perhaps it's gives more space to all stories to NOT make a factionless faction.

Let each group have their own stories, motivations, specials etc, but let them meet, work etc more occasionaly together. Keep it small, not blowing things up too soon. This way we keep space for more expansions
    Last edited by Obvious10; 2019-10-19 at 05:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I understand and agree with your position for the most part, and I would like to see what your recommendations would be for available classes. However, I am also in the camp of "lore before gameplay" when it comes to some of the mechanics. Currently I like the distinction between the subraces' class choices, all of it based on what I have in mind for each one's lore.
    im guilty to talk because i have my own view of drakonids as playable race, and it somehow like the worgen transformation

but i would go for: Warrior, hunter, rogue, mage, warlock, priest, paladin and monk, maybe druid if they pull some cool forms, but all of this for all colors.

the color would be just cosmetic,and you could even throw 2 in one faction and 2 in the other, so it don't became "fully neutral race" like pandaren.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-19 at 06:45 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I was just thinking of more ideas for the racials as well. So first off the Elemental Breath (Draconic Breath?) ability can be expanded further with effects unique to each flight as well as elemental damage. Red = Fire damage and heals allies / Blue = Ice damage and freezes enemies like frost nova / Green = Nature damage and sleeps weak enemies for a very short duration (more of a stun) / Bronze = Arcane damage and slows? / Black = Shadow damage and maybe fear or something? Last two might definitely need work but damage alone is boring.

Second we have the resistances as mentioned before. No change there, resistance = elemental color

Third would be a passive racial that changes based on flight as well. I'm having a tough time thinking up ideas for all the flights so I'm just gonna write the ones I have. Black = Ironscale - reduces damage taken by X% (maybe just physical?) / Bronze = Turn Back the Clock - heal for X% of damage taken over X seconds / Green = I'm not sure but I was thinking of something along the lines of sleep for a short duration in order to regen something.. healing seems too generic but makes sense as opposed to mana/resources which are all over the place these days and would be way OP for some specs and useless to others. / no ideas for blue or red.
    I worked on some of the racials. They're definitely a WIP so let me know what you think! I was trying to be as Blizz-like as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be.

But perhaps we can build things up, like we start with only Draken, then we are embraced by some of the dragons and so on building the story.

For example Chromie could be our main quest-giver, useful for too many reasons, and because she loves us, ofcourse

Edit,
    However perhaps it's gives more space to all stories to NOT make a factionless faction.

Let each group have their own stories, motivations, specials etc, but let them meet, work etc more occasionaly together. Keep it small, not blowing things up too soon. This way we keep space for more expansions
    My head canon includes pretty much every dragon still alive in WoW, Chromie included. They all would want to take back the Dragon Isles and I'm certain if the devs have it already planned, every major dragon is there.

- - - Updated - - -

im guilty to talk because i have my own view of drakonids as playable race, and it somehow like the worgen transformation

but i would go for: Warrior, hunter, rogue, mage, warlock, priest, paladin and monk, maybe druid if they pull some cool forms, but all of this for all colors.

the color would be just cosmetic,and you could even throw 2 in one faction and 2 in the other, so it don't became "fully neutral race" like pandaren.
    I like variety of classes for all races, but according to what I have thought of so far, it just doesn't make sense for some class combinations. The Draken, though not culturally bound to the dragonflights, still maintain similar physiological qualities and ideological stances. Like I said though, if Blizzard were to lift the race/class restrictions, I would drop the class choices of Draken all together from this post.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2019-10-19 at 09:41 PM.

*looking at race skills* skill that allow you to cast after death? and skill that prolong buffs? not. gonna. happen.
    otherwise. nice concept, but very divided with classes and etc. too "huge" for being one race.

Draken... always really liked this race in fantasy, but I cannot be different than a human. Let's say that Drakkhen would be the second choice for my main if they are a thing.

Good work though OP, good read.

-Cheers

I have always been one to wonder why WoW doesnt have a Hero Race....but this idea could work as one....with variations in aesthetics for spells and playstyle depending on what dragonflight you chose. It could be a way to get alot of replay ability out of just 1 new race. Utilizing this idea Blizzard could get length out if its precious MAU's by essentially having 5 races in 1.

I like it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    *looking at race skills* skill that allow you to cast after death? and skill that prolong buffs? not. gonna. happen.
    otherwise. nice concept, but very divided with classes and etc. too "huge" for being one race.
    Added a quick addendum to the Dreambound racial to define its limitations. You cannot use any ability that must target anyone other than yourself and any effect persisting through death must have been cast by yourself. You cannot use any of your resources while dead and thus the abilities you use can only be those that cost no resources. Remember monk's Glyph of Spirit Roll? It's an enhanced version of that. Also, the cooldown being activated upon returning to your body prevents shenanigans from taking place.

It may seem unwieldy to you but imagine each of them as an Allied Race all rolled into one primary race. In the character creation screen, you would choose Draken and then the choice of dragonflight would show up. Having this as a feature for a race would not be particularly groundbreaking and many people already desire a feature like this for races that already exist such as the dwarves with Ironforge, Wildhammer, Dark Iron and even Frost Dwarves being options on character creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still of the opinion that the best way to do Dragonsworn is to allow the player to be a Dragon in disguise.

Read my Dragonsworn class concept for more info.