Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Classes tied to WC3 Reforged?

Remember when they speculated about WoD being tied with the Warcraft movie? Do you think it's possible WC3 Reforged is influencing them to revisit old WC3 units for potential new classes, class skins and/or specs?

Shadow Hunter
    Dark Ranger
    Blademaster
    Tinker
    etc

I mean I've been personally waiting to play a proper Shadow Hunter or Dark Ranger since like 2004.

Yeah all those classes will probably be released with 9.0.

I don't think they ever forgot those "units" as they've all been present in WoW since at least WotLk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Yeah all those classes will probably be released with 9.0.
    Even the Etc class?

5+ Year Old Account
    The most likely to come to WoW imo are: Tinker, Dark Ranger and Necromancer. As for those wanting the likes of Blademaster or Shadow Hunter, I think they are SoL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Don't forget Warden, and Blood Mage, and Chieftain, and Crypt Lord, and Lich, and Dread Lord, and Keeper of the Grove, and Naga Sea Witch, and Alchemist, and Fire Lord, and Pit Lord... phew it's gonna be a busy expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Even the Etc class?
    Stadiums have been roaring for ETC since his inception.

Some good classes they might use ,include and get to be:

Fakehopper
    Tinkerfanboi
    Forumvoverposter
    OPmancer
    I'llbuyanypettheylreleasebecauseImablizzardasslickermancer

Now seriously Necromancer and Runesomething. But Necromancer yeah.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Remember when they speculated about WoD being tied with the Warcraft movie? Do you think it's possible WC3 Reforged is influencing them to revisit old WC3 units for potential new classes, class skins and/or specs?

Shadow Hunter
    Dark Ranger
    Blademaster
    Tinker
    etc

I mean I've been personally waiting to play a proper Shadow Hunter or Dark Ranger since like 2004.
    Someone's been DMing my Source it seems.

Shadow Hunter
    Dark Ranger
    Blademaster
    Tinker
    etc

Imo class skins are the future

Would be a clever way to cross promote both games and give players something they've been asking for. Win/win!

A Shadow Hunter is just a Shaman, though. Healing Wave is a Shaman spell, Hex is a Shaman spell, and the Serpent Ward is a toy and previously a glyph for Searing Totem. Big Bad Voodoo is the only thing not accounted for.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Hunter
    Dark Ranger
    Blademaster
    Tinker
    etc

I'd love Blade Master.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    A Shadow Hunter is just a Shaman, though. Healing Wave is a Shaman spell, Hex is a Shaman spell, and the Serpent Ward is a toy and previously a glyph for Searing Totem. Big Bad Voodoo is the only thing not accounted for.
    No it's not. They use curses and shadow magic as well. A lot of the NPCs either wield daggers, a 2h glaive polearm, or a bow.
    Also we've seen Shadow Hunters use stealth mechanics with Rokhan.

It's a Rogue-Shaman-Warlock.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2019-10-19 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Highlords of Lordaeron, here we come! Another time-travel expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    World of Warcraft: Highlords of Lordaeron, here we come! Another time-travel expansion!
    I can't wait to spend a whole expansion fighting against and then the last patch helping the Iron Alliance before hearing Highlord Garithos yell out "Lordaeron is free!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah what you do is just scrap Enhance because it's a straight up joke and replace it with Shadow Hunter. Problem solved.

Then after the scrap Marksman because tbh no one cares about that spec, like at all. Replace that with Dark Ranger. Problem solved.

Scrap Unholy with one condition: Frost has to be weapon agnostic, meaning 2h or dual wield optional or just put Frost back as 2 h, literally no DK will be mad at that. Replace with Necromancer. Problem solved.

And then you just scrap Arms and make it Blademaster and let them do dumb stuff like boomerang their weapon around and make duplicates of themselves. Rogues do magic related crap, so why not. "Warriors oath and honor" who cares.

I don't like Taliesin, but his video about Class Skins was a good idea i guess.

Combine that with better talent trees and class design where you could specc in a way that fits your imagination of a class better and you can literally bring in all these classes without having to create complete new classes.

I'm skeptical when it comes to more classes and specs, as Blizzard currently isn't even able or willing to come with fun class designs for the already existing classes. So i definitely would prefer something like this Class Skin idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    I can't wait to spend a whole expansion fighting against and then the last patch helping the Iron Alliance before hearing Highlord Garithos yell out "Lordaeron is free!"
    Oh god, I can already see it happening. Replace the Burning Legion with Void Lords in the final raid tier and you got a perfect segue into World of Warcraft: Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Even the Etc class?
    I wanna play as an ETC PP!