Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    No one knows that Titan was supposed to me an mmorpg. Massive multiplayer sure, but not known as an mmorpg.

It was also in developed when mmorpgs as the WoW format were in its heydays.

Having two games were you need to put in a lot of time wouldn’t work.
    WoW doesnt require that much of a time investment anymore so another MMO in a different universe would be fine, it may also bring back people who have quit WoW as the numbers will continue to decline, there needs to be a new MMO.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The years and money they put in development for Titan would say you're wrong about that.
    Not really, as Titan theoretically wouldn't be a direct competitor to WoW, being an FPS MMO. Two totally different audiences when you get right down to it. Nobody at Activision said "Well, shit, we sure this Destiny shooting game set in space isn't going to cannibalize our sword-n-magic 3rd person game's audience?"

Which, again, is why I'm believing they're going to resurrect Titan at some point, if not already, since they lost Destiny.

Blizzard is never going to make an MMO for any other IP. It wouldn’t make sense lmao.

This guy is literally describing that he wants wow... But with the name Diablo on it lol.. "Druid healers! Dungeons and tanks!" WoW.. You want WoW... That game is already out... In TWO forms Classic and Live lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Not really, as Titan theoretically wouldn't be a direct competitor to WoW, being an FPS MMO. Two totally different audiences when you get right down to it. Nobody at Activision said "Well, shit, we sure this Destiny shooting game set in space isn't going to cannibalize our sword-n-magic 3rd person game's audience?"

Which, again, is why I'm believing they're going to resurrect Titan at some point, if not already, since they lost Destiny.
    I very much doubt that they'll do anything with Titan or another MMO. Whoever it was that said MMO's are fading as a market is correct. Just like RTS games like Starcraft don't have much of a market any longer either.

Hence where Blizzard is these days. Their tentpole IP games are all in gaming markets that are shrinking. So they do spinoffs. They can get by with that for perhaps a long time but they have really worn out their few ip's. Taking OverWatch towards more solo play will probably help that title a lot if that's the plan.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    That wont happen. MMO's time is about over.

At best something like monster hunter, but not a full scale mmo like wow.
    All an MMO is where you can play with large number of people. World of Tanks is an MMO. The world does not have to be persistent to be an MMO. There doesn't have to be RPG elements either.

VR is just now being a thing everyone can own. I'm sure we haven't seen the best that VR could offer regard to MMOs either.

Honestly, I think the future of gaming is more MMO style keep your avatar character etc. Kinda like Ready player one. Where you can log into a lobby and you and your buddies have a ton of games to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Totally bang-on correct!

I mean, that's how WOW happened. Blizz wasn't no startup. They took a portion of their amazing profits from their Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft franchises, and slooowly developed WoW over many many years.

People seem to forget that Final Fantasy 15 and ES:O are also doing fantastic, they're flourishing and not going away anytime soon.

It's these dumb doinks like the developers at Wildstar who thought it was a great idea to make a multi-milion dollar game from a startup funding salary that fell apart.
    Actually, WoW amost didn't happen. The only reason it did was Vivendi pumping money into it.

You can be against a new WoW expansion all you want, your will doesn't stop the billions from being made off the game getting new content and continuation.

And why make a new, risky leap with another MMORPG rather than put out the exact kind of Dungeon crawler that's been working for Diablo all these years...?
    If it did happen, it also wouldn't be called "World of", guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Mmos time isn't over, what's over is bad mmos as classic is proving. Good mmos get played and praised.

Stop regurgitating stupidity
    How about you peeps come again once Classic's been out for 2 years, mkay? Not that the praise is in any shape or form universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You can be against a new WoW expansion all you want, your will doesn't stop the billions from being made off the game getting new content and continuation.

And why make a new, risky leap with another MMORPG rather than put out the exact kind of Dungeon crawler that's been working for Diablo all these years...?
    If it did happen, it also wouldn't be called "World of", guaranteed.

How about you peeps come again once Classic's been out for 2 years, mkay? Not that the praise is in any shape or form universal.
    Don't worry, I will shove it down your throat again and again until you can't move goal posts anymore

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Look, Blizzard will never create an mmorpg that will serve as a direct competitor to WoW. It’d be a horrible decision.
    What competition? WoW has, what, 1-2 million subs, if that? From their once 13 million+ subs..
    WoW will never hit the high numbers again, only a new mmo would do that, one day they need to replace WoW with a new flagship...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wouldn't the name rather be "World of Diablocraft"? Or something more badass than "World of Sanctuary"
    World of Diablo = WoD, like Warlords of Draenor...no thx...

Don't worry, I will shove it down your throat again and again until you can't move goal posts anymore

Insinuating that I'd allow that in the first place, how quaint. We all know just about how genuine you are at this point, I'm sure if they were to announce D4 as an MMORPG, you'd be in the new threads spouting views based on whether they'd be contrarian or not all the same. It'd be cute if it weren't so damned sad.

And my point still stands. Suck it up.

Insinuating that I'd allow that in the first place, how quaint. We all know just about how genuine you are at this point, I'm sure if they were to announce D4 as an MMORPG, you'd be in the new threads spouting views based on whether they'd be contrarian or not all the same. It'd be cute if it weren't so damned sad.

And my point still stands. Suck it up.
    Imagine being so biased as to think liking the idea of a diablo mmo is a contrarian opinion

Imagine being so biased as to think liking the idea of a diablo mmo is a contrarian opinion
    Haha!
    Imagine being so clueless as to not understand the meaning of the word "biased" despite putting it to use.

/yawn

Also, the tone of this thread is clear, hence one can say you're keeping up your track record just fine. In fact, not sure why you ever got dropped from my ignore list, but welcome back to it!

Mmos time isn't over, what's over is bad mmos as classic is proving. Good mmos get played and praised.

Stop regurgitating stupidity
    Classic makes nowhere near the amount of money games like league of legends or fortnite. Mmo at least on pc are slowly dying.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I'd much rather have an open world single player Diablo game like Witcher III or skyrim
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    I have pondered some about factions, there should be two playable ones, one is more religious n pro-heaven and has exclusive classes tied to it, like crusaders & monks, the other faction is more humanity/nephalim oriented and has exclusive classes such as Necromancer & Witch Doctor . I was thinking strong faction driven story-lines, bitter religious disputes.

Playstyle, more aoe-heavy abilities than WoW has, that are good against large packs of weaker mobs, against stronger requires good mobility but in general single-target for strong opponents.

Common classes would be Warrior/Barbarian (these look slightly different from each other, look depends on faction, have same abilities though),
    Rogue,
    Wizard,
    Demon Hunter,
    Druid

Heaven-faction has two main zones, capitals, Ivgorod & Swamplands/Wetlands
    Nephalem-faction has two main zones, capitals, Teganze & Eastern jungles of Kehjistan (Kehjistan at large -outside eastern jungle- is 'neutral' and Caldeum is neutral hub)
    Tristam is neutral.

Caldeum is basically capital of the world and no faction controls it. It's also where the best profession trainers reside, will be heavy profession themed game
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-10-20 at 08:43 AM.

Haha!
    Imagine being so clueless as to not understand the meaning of the word "biased" despite putting it to use.

/yawn

Also, the tone of this thread is clear, hence one can say you're keeping up your track record just fine. In fact, not sure why you ever got dropped from my ignore list, but welcome back to it!
    You clearly dislike diablo and have made it your life mission to be a white knight for WoW so I understand it wouldn't be in your best interest for the 10 people afk in Orgrimmar to switch to diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    How would a lootfest game work in an MMO setting ?
    Just like every looter shooter out there except this one would be in fantasy setting.

I'm all against any other Blizzard MMO. I'm already happily wasting my life over WoW I don't have time for any other games to keep up with.
    S.H.

The current state of modern wow is pretty much a proto- Diablo MMO. Wow did implement a lot of systems from Diablo 3 from world quest, to pruning, to M+.

I would not be surprise if they announced a Diablo MMO. That would explain why they were not ready at last year Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by OniHouse View Post
    Actually, WoW amost didn't happen. The only reason it did was Vivendi pumping money into it.
    What the hell are you talking about? lmao Vivendi came along long after Blizzard developed WoW.