Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think they're connected as powerful light-entities but we really have no idea until Blizzard reveals what Elune is. A titan world soul? Some sort of Light Lord as a counter to the Void Lords? A literal goddess? All that's still up in the air.

We only even learned in Legion that she's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think they're connected as powerful light-entities but we really have no idea until Blizzard reveals what Elune is. A titan world soul? Some sort of Light Lord as a counter to the Void Lords? A literal goddess? All that's still up in the air.

We only even learned in Legion that she's real.
    Only in the Legion? That is, in the War of the Ancients, Tyrande herself created a shield that even Archimonde could not damage?

Naaru are boring mofos.

Elune should be unique.

I do believe she created a prime Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I think most people want her to be the mysterious goddess of the nelfs, with both maternal and fierce aspects.

Blizz keeps trying to tie her to the naaru to narrow the cosmology though and nobody wants that.

- - - Updated - - -

"Careful" of what?
    One more time - you don't want that.

Mysterious goddess is a shitty trope that has to go away imo. It has no place in established cosmology of Warcraft world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people want her to be the mysterious goddess of the nelfs, with both maternal and fierce aspects.

Blizz keeps trying to tie her to the naaru to narrow the cosmology though and nobody wants that.
    Ahhh, I see what you mean. There’s a definite culture clash between the similar humano-dwarven and Draenei interpretations of the Holy Light with the Kaldorei worship of Elune seen among Night Elves, Nightborne and Naga society. The former is more medieval Christian or Muslim with few symbols or idols to depict the “face of God” that keeps the light as an unpersonified abstract concept, while the latter looks akin to Greek temples building statues to the specific Goddess through depictions of Kaldorei worshippers who bear her resemblance.

This all creates a measure of incongruity in the eyes of the player as to what the Light is, and raises understandable concerns of developers retconning previous groundwork for Elune that the playerbase has followed for decades. But I think the answer might be in the aforementioned words of Xal’atath defining Elune as “a great enemy.” The use of the article “a”, rather than “the”, is potentially telling in that it could possibly hint that she is not the only creator of Naaru among the cosmic faction of the Holy Light by implying a plurality or enemies to the Void. Perhaps she’s one of many “Light Lords”, for lack of a better term, and a particularly rebellious one who associates/contaminates her Light with natural life magics and the Arcane for some reason. Orrrr perhaps she is the one great singular Light Lord and Xal’atath’s implication of plurality referred to Death and other great enemies?
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2019-10-20 at 07:04 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    One more time - you don't want that.

Mysterious goddess is a shitty trope that has to go away imo. It has no place in established cosmology of Warcraft world.
    Elune predates much of the 'establishing' of the cosmology, Blizz gutting her thematics and nelves traits has been much worse than Elune being a mysterious goddess (which isn't even that bad and fits better with the setting's feel before they overexplained everything)
    Twas brillig

Elune predates much of the 'establishing' of the cosmology, Blizz gutting her thematics and nelves traits has been much worse than Elune being a mysterious goddess (which isn't even that bad and fits better with the setting's feel before they overexplained everything)

That's like your opinion, man. Also before establishing cosmology Elune might as well be just another wild god - definitely not a mysterious force. It is now when we know the cosmology and main forces of Warcraft universe it became unknown.

Elune could also be a balanced naru, equal parts shadow and light. It would explain why she has vengeance and can switch aspects at will.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    We don't know anything about Elune and honestly I hope she stays that way. I don't really want blizzard to reveal it since it will probably end up disappointing like everything else recently.
    She will be an ascended human.

elune creating the naaru is actually very on theme. remember she made the night elves to protect azeroth until they got bored and became retarded mages and summoned the legion. she made the moonkin who eventually stopped listening to her and went feral. i can definitely see her also having made the naaru thinking they would guard the universe from the void only to realize she accidentally made them too zealous

tbh i figure elune is the goddess of the universe and ever since it was made has been trying to keep it safe from the void lords. but she cant directly do anything so she keeps trying to make champions who can fight them off. she started with the naaru but she gave em too much light juice so they didn't do the job. probably over the ages she kept losing and consequently getting weaker until basically only azeroth was left. since she loves the universe she made she's all about that nature. she tried making night elves the guardians of azeroth but they went crazy for magic so that didnt really work out. she probably just doesnt have much power left at this point i figure she will probably die next expansion because now that azeroth is a living thing there really isnt room for 2 female celestial god-like beings based on life/light/nature or w/e
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth