80 44.44%
  • class skins

88 48.89%
  • new class

85 47.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CiccioBello View Post
    Already they find it hard to balance and make them unique 36 spec .. how do you think they can add more?
    The problem with balance is that combining the constant strive for near-perfect(as close as you can get really) balance with uniqueness and design flavor, is that they do not mix very well.

Quite frankly, I would take flavor and uniqueness over constantly striving for balance every time.

Also, finding more unique specs/fantasies and playstyles, not just for the Hunter class, isn't something that I'm worried about. It's all about imagination and about embracing everything you can find in the game's history. Current and past.

I know I can be unpopular but I would remove / replace some.
    Replacing current specs, any really, would result in the same situation as we're in right now where all those who loved the old Survival spec, have no way to play it currently. Removing any other specs, would not solve anything. All it would do, is change the faces of those who feel left out.

To cite your example, it makes no sense for the hunter to have 4 specs in the future, including 3 ranged dps (BM, MM, hypothetical DarkRanger) and a melee dps (survival).
    First off, dno where you got that hypothetical Dark Ranger thing from. I haven't suggested anything the likes of which.

Secondly, it makes perfect sense for us to have a 4th spec option, simply because the fantasy and design of the old ranged Survival, was and is still unique amongst anything the three existing Hunter specs has. It also happens that an updated version of that old SV spec could easily be designed to provide the class with additional strengths that we're currently lacking. Meaning that of the capability to deal with multiple spread out targets at once(multi-dot'ing).

Rather I would eliminate the current survival that despite not being a bad spec, only a few play it and I would make room for the Dark Ranger.
    Like I said above, there are many current players who like the new Survival spec with a focus on melee combat.
    Removing this spec would result in the same situation as we're in right now.

Regarding the Dark Ranger fantasy. If there's anything that would not make sense for the hunter class, it's that of implementing a playable Dark Ranger spec option.
    For multiple reasons.

Dark Rangers, are dead(resurrected) Elven Rangers that are specific to a single sub-faction. The Forsaken.
    Dark Rangers, were mostly Rangers in the past. But currently, they are as much casters as they are rangers. More specifically, they utilize unholy magic and necromancy. Which is the exact opposite of what live Hunters are about. The Nature and the Wild. A Dark Ranger has to give up everything they were previously learnt in favor of the darker craft.

Objectively, 36 specs are too many and it becomes increasingly complex to find the compromise uniqueness - balance.
    WoW has no real need for new classes / specs but instead needs to rediscover its identity.
    As far as uniqueness goes. Feel free to read my suggestion for a ranged Survival spec and get back to me(you can find it in my Signature below).

Would such a spec play different from the existing three specs that we have as Hunters(BM/MM/MSV)?

Dragonsworn or Dark Rangr class. Fire specialization or fire vfx for Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    4th spec

class skins

new class

What do you expect Blizz will give us?
    I would love to see a new class. I’m think necromancer is on its way. Class skins...meh. I think an ability to have more control over gear design would be nice. Like have visual elements of shoulders for example that you can move around, add to or recolor.
    I honestly would like Tinker for a class. It would be something different playstyle-wise that we don’t have. Healing grenades, a robot tank, turret long range dps? What’s not to like. 4 spec seems a bit much. Just fix what we have. I would like to have druids go back to one feral versus feral/Guardian. Oh the days of TBC.
    Last edited by Darkscar7; 2019-10-21 at 09:07 PM.

good class design. MY FUCKING JEWELCRAFTING BACK

All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    A complete rework of classes to be more like burning crusade with better balance.
    What do i expect? More garbage
    Pretty much this.

Hoping for a new class. Hoping for Blizz to put serious investment into the game again.

Likely to get the first one, but highly unlikely to get the second. I don't think the bean-counters that have taken over as senior management of Blizz understand anything besides cutting costs. Unless there is a major upheaval at the top, I expect Blizz to slowly fade away over the next 15 years or so as their games become cheaper and cheaper jokes that mostly cater to Chinese mobile users.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkscar7 View Post
    I would love to see a new class. I’m think necromancer is on its way. Class skins...meh. I think an ability to have more control over gear design would be nice. Like have visual elements of shoulders for example that you can move around, add to or recolor.
    I honestly would like Tinker for a class. It would be something different playstyle-wise that we don’t have. Healing grenades, a robot tank, turret long range dps? What’s not to like. 4 spec seems a bit much. Just fix what we have. I would like to have druids go back to one feral versus feral/Guardian. Oh the days of TBC.
    I think tinker would definitely bring something completely new.

What I want most is another class that is not a Tinker, I want Shadow Hunter, Dark Ranger, Necromancer or a combination of them. Second I also want 4th specs.

As for the class skins, I think it is a really really awful idea, heres the reason why: imagine that we are on Legion, doing our Order Hall Campaign, imagine you are a Warlock, using a Necromancer skin, instead of demons you summon undead, how would it work? It would switch the models of the enemies on your campain? Space travel undead? You see how inconsistent class skins could be? If not inconsistent then it would severly reduce the possibilities that designers have while doing quests/stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    What I want most is another class that is not a Tinker, I want Shadow Hunter, Dark Ranger, Necromancer or a combination of them. Second I also want 4th specs.

As for the class skins, I think it is a really really awful idea, heres the reason why: imagine that we are on Legion, doing our Order Hall Campaign, imagine you are a Warlock, using a Necromancer skin, instead of demons you summon undead, how would it work? It would switch the models of the enemies on your campain? Space travel undead? You see how inconsistent class skins could be? If not inconsistent then it would severly reduce the possibilities that designers have while doing quests/stories.
    I think instead of class skins, it might be better to have an end game system that allows you to collect items you can apply to change spell effects and animations that are race locked and done per character.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I think instead of class skins, it might be better to have an end game system that allows you to collect items you can apply to change spell effects and animations that are race locked and done per character.
    That would actually be pretty nice. It could further develop and diferentiate different races, from example an elf warrior from an orc warrior.

new class

story centered around Wrathion/Aspects

at least some revamped zones or new cities for Night Elves and Undead

mythic+ revamp