With blizzcon coming i have some ideas that don't leave my head

1: Remember Vol'jin? He was a shadow hunter, even before the zandalari empire their ancestors used shadow magic. Shadow hunters were all both feared and respected, just like the loas. So i still think it was a loa that whispered Vol'jin, Vol'jin was Darkspear but he learnt as well shadow hunters manipulation just like the sandfury trolls, but on the hour of his death, he was too weak to understand who was speaking to him.
    My idea is that it was indeed Mueh'zala. Since Vol'jin knew so much the ways of sandfury trolls, the ones that worshipped Mueh'zala, Loa of Death, maybe Mueh'zala had a certain connection with Vol'jin?

2. If Bolvar manipulated all that stuff as i saw on a leak, and made a deal with this Loa of Death Mueh'zala of any kind? Since Bolvar is where he is to protect from intruders and the ones who try to steal power to themselves, reminds me a bit Sylvanas with the Val'kyr thing in Legion? She is messing with loads of stuff and wants to steal power. Just curious.

3. Death Knights have a class campaign quest-chain to get the Four Horsemen in Legion, (which is an actual nice quest chain) and at the end "aggregates of anguish" it's a set of missions, taking you to shadowlands. They take loads of time to be completed.
    You need to get essences and one of them is Shadow essence: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Unholy_Att...ence_of_Shadow

A manipulator and traitor, Soulbinder Nyami wielded powerful shadow magic in life. In death, she is the perfect vessel for the Essence of Shadow. Harvest the essence from her soul in the Shadowlands.
    The following essences are:
    Unholy Attainment: Essence of Shadow
    Unholy Attainment: Essence of Fear
    Unholy Attainment: Essence of Hatred
    Unholy Attainment: Essence of Undeath
    Unholy Attainment: Essence of Darkness

Salanar the Horseman has given us a list of the remaining components. The ritual of conjuring requires five unholy essences known as the Aggregates of Anguish.
    4. Death knights are going to step up from "shadows" (lol interesting way of speaking that doesn't fit wow) and for some reason i believe this will be huge. Even Pandaren dks are supposedly confirmed, not yet from blizzard's mouth but tbh with Wowhead saying it i believe it, just like vulpera was seen by them to come. So death knights might be a gateway to shadowlands of some kind and they will be needed next expansion and Bolvar and the four horsemen will too be more present than ever. With this being said, we might see more about Kel'thuzad.

This is not at all a leak, this is a speculation thread about something i have been thinking a lot.

(Mistyped title, it's: With blizzcon coming...)
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-10-20 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why deathknights if other classes use shadow magic (priests being the obvious one)? Or are you thinking that they will join with other races and classes that are connected to shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Why deathknights if other classes use shadow magic (priests being the obvious one)? Or are you thinking that they will join with other races and classes that are connected to shadow?
    I mentioned shadow magic because of Vol'jin, because on a leak said bolvar had to do with Vol'jins whispers and I was speculating that Mueh'zala is the Loa that he made a deal with for some reason and he whispered to Vol'jin to pick up Sylvanas, maybe Bolvar has some plans for Sylvanas since he knows her hunger for power and to feed the "Hungering Darkness", controlling the Val'kyr, and Since Vol'jiin was Warchief no one better than a Loa to whisper him in the time of his death.
    Bolvar maybe has some plans to deal with Sylvanas too.

And priests don't know how to reach Shadowlands, spriest just truly understand shadow magic. But it's Ebon blade that apparently has access to shadowlands, since also necromancy touches the shadow pretty close. And also if we had a quest chain that takes us to shadowlands as dks to bring Nyami soul essence, means we have means to get there by necromancy. If ever next expansion is about this. Wowhead catched pandaren death knights to be a thing and other races having death knight, if not all. And i'm assuming it has something to do with shadowlands and it's access.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowlands

It is a dimension, referred to as a "place between worlds".[2] Icecrown is an anchor that holds Azeroth to the Shadowlands. It appears as a shadowy version of the real world, and is also the plane where player characters are sent to upon reaching zero health.

The Shadowlands in Howling Fjord as seen by a dead adventurer.
    Legion content about Ebon blade and shadowlands:
    Keeper Odyn used knowledge he gleaned from this place to create the first Val'kyr, Helya, and tasked her with bringing the souls of worthy Vrykul to the Halls of Valor.Later Val'kyr were created by the Lich King and used to corrupt Vrykul into his servants.

During the Burning Legion's third invasion, the Knights of the Ebon Blade traveled to the Shadowlands to acquire the Aggregates of Anguish, five tormented essences of powerful souls - Admiral Proudmoore, Soulbinder Nyami, Grand Empress Shek'zeer, Grand Apothecary Putress and Archmage Arugal. Salanaar required these to conjure the Steeds of the Damned for the order's new Horsemen.

Salanar noted that while years had passed in the regular world, for him in the Realm of Shadows, it had been mere days since he had helped the Deathlord claim their own deathcharger.

A Dark Place, entered by a portal at the Emerald Dragonshrine, is an area where "the barrier between the realms of life and death are thin".Adventurers travel here to save a young eredar ghost named Uuna from creatures called Soul-Eaters.

In the battle with Argus the Unmaker, Argus slays the adventurers battling him. Eonar is able to bring them back from the Shadowlands multiple times with her power. Hungering Souls attack the heroes' spirits while in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-10-20 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. I find it interesting that there is a portal at the Emerald Dragonshrine to a place that sounds connected to the Shadowlands, and that priests, druids, monks, and shaman are able to bring souls back from the Shadowlands like Eonar. How does the Emerald Flight or Dream connect?

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    How does the Emerald Flight or Dream connect?
    Emerald dream is the realm of life, the green dragonflight are creatures from Emerald Dream. One realm (Shadowlands) is the realm of Death and Emerald Dream is the realm of Life, so they will always go hand in hand. Both are linked to azeroth. It's like Emerald dream is our heaven and Shadowlands is our hell. But some say that shadowlands seems passing fast than at Emerald dream, and in our heaven and hell representation usually hell is a constant torture that seems the time there is slowly.

Salanar noted that while years had passed in the regular world, for him in the Realm of Shadows, it had been mere days since he had helped the Deathlord claim their own deathcharger.
    Druids and dragons control the flow of nature within the Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, noted that Salanar is someone who can send players into the Realm of Shadows. No wonder his location it's called "Death's breach"

- - - Updated - - -

Once again i put this image on the forum, so you can look into it.

It's easier to reach Shadowlands through necromancy/death:

The dream is high up in the light/life/spirit.

Emerald dream - Reality - Shadowlands
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-10-20 at 01:17 PM.

Interesting idea, being Bolvar and his new Death Knights being the gateway to the Shadowlands. We've been hearing about Bolvar, The Lich King possibly being an antagonist to us, or a sub-plot, but a campaign leader and our entry into the realm of shadow? Novel idea and I'd be down for it. With that said, I hope Bolvar's Death Knights differ, at least visually, from Arthas'. I like the idea of mixing old and new for flavor instead of ALL DK's just adopting Bolvar's way. I mean technically, the current Death Knights should serve Darion, whose philosophies would differ from Bolvar's, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Interesting idea, being Bolvar and his new Death Knights being the gateway to the Shadowlands. We've been hearing about Bolvar, The Lich King possibly being an antagonist to us, or a sub-plot, but a campaign leader and our entry into the realm of shadow? Novel idea and I'd be down for it. With that said, I hope Bolvar's Death Knights differ, at least visually, from Arthas'. I like the idea of mixing old and new for flavor instead of ALL DK's just adopting Bolvar's way. I mean technically, the current Death Knights should serve Darion, whose philosophies would differ from Bolvar's, anyway.
    Yes, and for a dark era as we are getting close to, and shadowlands being something probably important on a next expansion i can see the new and old mixed. I mean, it's not just about old gods and there's more to death we have been hearing a lot this expansion already, even more from Sylvanas. I think Bolvar is preparing some quite entrance! And i would totally see necromancers as well being introduced and us getting more access to shadowlands in first hand by necromancy, since it's something we barely know about. If we can get to Emerald Dream, why couldn't we get to Shadowlands? Have some gateway through someone (Dk's/Necros) or something, a breach between worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Yes, and for a dark era as we are getting close to, and shadowlands being something probably important on a next expansion i can see the new and old mixed. I mean, it's not just about old gods and there's more to death we have been hearing a lot this expansion already, even more from Sylvanas. I think Bolvar is preparing some quite entrance! And i would totally see necromancers as well being introduced and us getting more access to shadowlands in first hand by necromancy, since it's something we barely know about. If we can get to Emerald Dream, why couldn't we get to Shadowlands? Have some gateway through someone (Dk's/Necros) or something, a breach between worlds.
    I just hope Shadowlands isn't relegated to a single zone or instance like The Emerald Dream was, though. That... was disappointing.