Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hitting level 60 in one week and killing Ragrnaros two?

So,

How was this even possible? Layering? Abusing the system and why are they still running around with the drops?

Ragnaros down after two weeks?

Really a serious question: how they did it and how does the layering system can be abused?

Any banns incoming?
    Last edited by Matiketope; 2019-10-20 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typos

It was possible because the content is piss easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like the only "hard" mechanic in molten core can be countered by a mere potion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Maybe because it was only ever hard because people didn't know what they were doing 15 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Maybe because it was only ever hard because people didn't know what they were doing 15 years ago?
    This. Very true.

But what about the layering abusing? How did people hit 60 within a week? No matter what class.

What another great and well thought out bait thread for classic bashing. If you dont like the game dont play it. If you hate sauerkraut do you go to online forums on a daily basis and shit on it? No, you dont eat it and go about your day.

Quote Originally Posted by illiterite View Post
    What another great and well thought out bait thread for classic bashing. If you dont like the game dont play it. If you hate sauerkraut do you go to online forums on a daily basis and shit on it? No, you dont eat it and go about your day.
    So, what is your answer for a simple question?

Do you even know what forums are made for? Or are you just a basic troll trying to derail this topic?

And hell no, I'm not bashing Classic, I LOVE IT. Just wondering what is off with the mechanics.
    Last edited by Matiketope; 2019-10-20 at 03:43 PM.

They ding 60 by farming the same 5man dungeons with 10people for the whole week 18 hours a day

Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    This. Very true.

But what about the layering abusing? How did people hit 60 within a week? No matter what class.
    Punishing them would require blizzard to punish anyone whoever served hop to farm mounts/pets/spirit beast. It wasn’t game breaking and the first guy to hit max level only used it for a couple levels. Basically meaning without layering abuse he would’ve hit max level a couple hours later.

Sooooo, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account

Do you even know what forums are made for?

And hell no, I'm not bashing Classic, I LOVE IT. Just wondering what is off with the mechanics.
    15 years of experience happened ... also players have better internet, lag-free pcs, years of experience from private servers and retail ... etc.
    And btw. Rag was killed in week one.

This. Very true.

People have been hitting 60 within a week of private servers for years.

Back in vanilla the world record was 4days 20hrs and 50 minutes. And that was befor layering was invented and people had years on private servers mathing it out.

That record was also in patch 1.9.2 classic is patch 1.12 which is distinctly easier, for multiple things added and removed since 1.9

Also those the downed raggy week one, most of them wernt even level 60 yet......

Also the averedge leveling time in vanilla acording to blizz was actualy only 10/12 days /played.

Which really make me realise how bad I was back then haha

Yep.

So there is no comparison between Vanilla and Classic.

End. Of. The. Subject.

Vanilla is still the biggest winner. <3

Prove us wrong.

Do you even know what forums are made for? Or are you just a basic troll trying to derail this topic?

Simple answer it's 1.12 and people have had years of practise at this.

It's like a running race, the record 50 years ago on a track could be probly blown out of the water by today's runners, the track is the same, but the approach, and other factors of the runners have had years of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Simple answer it's 1.12 and people have had years of practise at this.

It's like a running race, the record 50 years ago on a track could be probly blown out of the water by today's runners, the track is the same, but the approach, and other factors of the runners have had years of improvement.
    So what is this thing with layering?

Was there such abuse back in the days in the instances?

Also, could say according some of the posts, that the private server players killed the classic before it even came about. GG.
    Last edited by Matiketope; 2019-10-20 at 04:07 PM.

Most people that know what they are doing can hit 60 within 4-5days played.

I wonder why people are intentionally leaving out that it's also 1.12.1, it's also better gear, it's also better talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

Read an interesting thing about this the other day.

We're approaching the limit how fast a human can run without outside assistance

So,

How was this even possible? Layering? Abusing the system and why are they still running around with the drops?

Ragnaros down after two weeks?

Really a serious question: how they did it and how does the layering system can be abused?

Any banns incoming?
    because layering is exploitable and 1.12/later patch gear updates trivialized the content and made classes more powerful than they should be at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    because layering is exploitable and 1.12/later patch gear updates trivialized the content and made classes more powerful than they should be at this point.
    Ok.

So where are the banns for exploiting?

Spam running dungeons to powerlevel and gear at ludicrous speeds with more players than normal (it still gave full xp before the recent nerf) plus having done this dance hundreds or possibly even thousands of times on private servers to the point where they planned out every milisecond of it.

You'd think after that long they'd be sick of it, but that's just me.

As far as I'm aware no layering was exploited and since the leveling exploit was present in vanilla they decided against banning players for using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.