Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    To answer the question of the OP, the actual first player to hit 60 was a Mage who basically did nothing but AoE-farm grind his last.. what was it, 10 levels? In EPL I believe. No layering abuse or anything.

A small portion of players probably abused the whole 10-man in dungeon thing. Normally, a raid group of players should completely kill XP gain. However, for whatever reason, raid groups in dungeon did not kill the XP, but instead added extra group bonus XP without cutting it further for 10 players, meaning that you basically doubled XP gain in a group of 10 compared to a group of 5, not even mentioning the greatly increased kill speeds possible.

Finally, as for killing Ragnaros, the most grindiest part of clearing MC is probably the quintessences. Note that you do a few quests OUTSIDE of MC, which give rep as well as requiring you to kill mobs that also give tidbits of rep to work your way up to the quest where you have to kill 4 bosses in MC - The 4 salamanders which were essentially killed in, what was it, 20, 30 seconds each?

Overall, a bit harder now, but NOT that hard. Dedicated players planned their entire leveling grind out, and those who wanted the dubious glory of Classic WFs probably planned out the raiding bits too. Note that Onyxia only lasted so long because the questline to unlock her lair is long as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I feel like i need to point this out since alot of ppl doesnt seem to understand.

Doing dungeons with 10 ppl didnt give "more" exp. Nor did the players get the same exp as in a 5man group.

THEY SPLIT, the same exp. Meaning a mob that gives 550 exp and normally gave a 5man grp 110exp each now gave everyone 55exp instead.
    Blizz specifically mentioned that the bonus XP that you get from grouping up (Which, mind you, does NOT get split) behaved oddly in a dungeon group with 10 players rewarding more XP then intended, outside of the whole "No XP from raid" thing that it was supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    So funny prejudices. Making ad hominems doesn't suit you.
    And arrogance suits you perfectly. Every single person replying to you in this thread has just been met with rudeness and derision in your responses. You talk down to people. Also, thank you for saying ad hominen doesn't suit me. It's ironic really since I've made far more logical and reasonable arguments than you have thus far, backed up by actual reasoning, whereas you've just sniffed dismissively and told people how wrong they are because you say so. The mere fact I take umbrage at your shitty attitude doesn't mean that I cannot also make logical points if required.

Threads are meant to be for discussion and debate, yet you made this thread just so you could argue for the sake of arguing. Like many people, you're completely ignoring the responses you receive, and repeating the same old rhetoric. Why ask a question and enter a debate if you're unprepared to listen to, or even consider, the perspectives of others? It's a waste of everyone's time.

In response to your question, more servers would have been a disaster because we already have tourists leaving and lots of servers needing to merge. Shouldn't this be obvious to a 'smart man' such as yourself? What happens when the tourists depart? Would even more empty realms be great? You also are aware that even if they did add more realms, people socially flock to busier realms anyway, despite the queues? It's a fairly standard phenomena in populations. You can add extra realms but it's not guaranteed to make a difference to the busier realms whatsoever, whilst creating dead servers for the people who DO choose to settle on them months later.

Now if you'd care to provide some actual logical arguments in your response, rather than the usual derision we've all come to expect from you, then fantastic. If not, don't even bother replying, because quite frankly you're wasting all our time when your only purpose seems to be to reply with sarcastic remarks such as "All hail the hypocracy!" or "Let the games begin."

We answered your original question. You're now aware how people levelled to 60 and cleared 2 raids so fast. You're now educated to the fact that it was possible even without foul play. You're educated to the fact that some people exploited layering, and many bans were administered. Your 'serious question' has now been satisfied, so you can kindly take a hike. And if, for some reason unbeknown to us, you still haven't found the answer to your 'serious question' I kindly point you to a fantastic website called Google which might be able to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I feel like i need to point this out since alot of ppl doesnt seem to understand.

Doing dungeons with 10 ppl didnt give "more" exp. Nor did the players get the same exp as in a 5man group.

THEY SPLIT, the same exp. Meaning a mob that gives 550 exp and normally gave a 5man grp 110exp each now gave everyone 55exp instead.
    Er this is actually false. Vanilla WoW has an XP bonus for being in a group.
    1 person group = 1.0
    2 person group = 1.0
    3 person group = 1.166
    4 person group = 1.3
    5 person group = 1.4

What this means is that a 5 player group are getting 1.4x the normal XP. The XP is still split among the group, but this means a mob worth 100 xp gives a player in a 5 player group 28 xp, not 20. 6 players or more enacts dramatic XP penalties.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-20 at 10:06 PM.

So what is this thing with layering?

Was there such abuse back in the days in the instances?

Also, could say according some of the posts, that the private server players killed the classic before it even came about. GG.
    yea people abused instances back in the day, also abused the fuck out of areas with crazy high respawn to farm mobs for better exp than questing.

layering is an overblown excuse some are turning to, to explain why classic isn't as hard as they made it out to be, but in realty not many are "abusing" it and those that are wont be banned as its not an exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Maybe because it was only ever hard because people didn't know what they were doing 15 years ago?
    Not really. The balance was completely different. You didn't have upgraded talents, spellpower greens or even this "item final form" itemization that we have now.

- - - Updated - - -

So, what is your answer for a simple question?

Do you even know what forums are made for? Or are you just a basic troll trying to derail this topic?

And hell no, I'm not bashing Classic, I LOVE IT. Just wondering what is off with the mechanics.
    So you couldn't read the other massive topic about it?

Classic != Vanilla. Vanilla world first didn't have spellpower greens, upgraded talents or the strange itemization we have now.

We leveled through dungeon leveling which was known to be the fastest method since beta.

The guy who hit 60 first abused instantaneous layering for leveling. The people who got world first didn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    So,

How was this even possible? Layering? Abusing the system and why are they still running around with the drops?

Ragnaros down after two weeks?

Really a serious question: how they did it and how does the layering system can be abused?

Any banns incoming?
    1. how was leveling to 60 in a week possible? aoe grinding and abit of layer swapping
    2. how was ragnaros downed in 2 weeks? the group killed him, thats how, they know how to do the place, and the entire place is insanely easy, the part that took the most work was prob the rep grinding to get the runes doused.
    3. layering could be abused by getting invited to new layers so mobs would bassicly respawn faster. really not game breaking stuff, just speeding up the process abit, but that was only done by the guys in the last few levels

4. no, no bans, nothing was exploited really, those that did do exploits were banned but these wernt exploits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post

However, that's not why I am here. I feel like people forgot that Apes only got to level 60 so fast because they exploited a bug that gave them MORE xp while in a raid instead of LESS xp. So they farmed 5man dungeons as 10 man. This bug was almost immediately fixed after they were done.
    Wrong. Everyone did the raid-dungeon leveling. That's not why we won.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    And arrogance suits you perfectly. Every single person replying to you in this thread has just been met with rudeness and derision in your responses. You talk down to people. Also, thank you for saying ad hominen doesn't suit me. It's ironic really since I've made far more logical and reasonable arguments than you have thus far, backed up by actual reasoning, whereas you've just sniffed dismissively and told people how wrong they are because you say so. The mere fact I take umbrage at your shitty attitude doesn't mean that I cannot also make logical points if required.
    What a crybaby tbh. I was only asking questions, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Classic != Vanilla.

LOL.

Just like saying the city living in 2004 is as in 2019.

Righto!

10+ Year Old Account
    So,

How was this even possible? Layering? Abusing the system and why are they still running around with the drops?

Ragnaros down after two weeks?

Really a serious question: how they did it and how does the layering system can be abused?

Any banns incoming?
    Last month called, it wants its outrage back.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Are you tasting colours and seeing sounds? Because from your posts it seems like you are on one hell of an acid trip.

It has very much been proven for more than a decade that reaching 60 can be done in well under 7 days and Molten Core isn't exactly a raid known for its complexity nor its difficulty, so it is not surprising that it was cleared as soon as a guild had the stuff needed to get to and summon Ragnaros.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-10-21 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't constructive, plus not much to discuss. Closing
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)