Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1. Getting to 60 within a week is very possible, if you play enough every day.

2. MC is an entry level raid in a 15 year old game that was considered very casual back then. It's stupid easy, that's why.

3. You're a bit late with this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I don't think layering really did much but create artificial realms. there was congestion for me in the 10-20 range but after that either layering kicked in or it didn't matter because dungeons. I took my time but didn't hang around, I did my professions while levelling in all it took about 11 days to reach 60 as a tank.

I ran dungeons and apart from the force of will i got lucky with gear, didn't take long to be viable for MC. biggest bottleneck isn't the content its how fast you can get 40+ ppl attuned to MC and set a day for all of you to show up. once that first raid happens, its easier to repeat it. but ofc you gotta be recruiting and sniping ppl to build a functional raid out of, typically you have more than 40 and its likely not everyone will make the cut every raid. but the logistics aren't so much a mystery that needs to be solved its really just a matter of recruiting enough ppl and you're good.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-10-20 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As far as I'm aware no layering was exploited and since the leveling exploit was present in vanilla they decided against banning players for using it.
    Well, there sure was. Did about four runs where the party leader had "forgotten" to reset or something before a pug-run and the last boss was not there.

So, not only they were abusing the system, they were also screwing things up for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    Ok.

So where are the banns for exploiting?
    peopel were banned lol. but what i consider an exploit making leveling too easy is not considered an exploit by blizzard. also raid xp was bugged and exploited without bans.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This. Very true.

But what about the layering abusing? How did people hit 60 within a week? No matter what class.
    because it only takes a week to level? and with all the shitters, slow people, and people "enjoying" their month long leveling experience to 60 people who broke out ahead of everyone didnt even need to abuse layering there was no one else to complete with around them

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    because it only takes a week to level? and with all the shitters, slow people, and people "enjoying" their month long leveling experience to 60 people who broke out ahead of everyone didnt even need to abuse layering there was no one else to complete with around them
    Was the movement learned from private servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was the movement learned from Vanilla or private servers?
    I suspect you already know the answer to this question and are asking rhetorically, since it's a pretty stupid question, as the answer is quite obvious. There have always been power-levellers and power-gamers. But a decade of private servers has provided ideal practice conditions for people to literally 'perfect' speed-levelling and speed-clearing of Vanilla content.

Even in 2006 people were trying to learn how to level as fast as possible. That was continued and perfected on private servers throughout the last decade and a half.

So, practically - fuck fairness and let anarchy run out systems.

Great work people.

"Let the games begin."

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    15 years of experience happened ... also players have better internet, lag-free pcs, years of experience from private servers and retail ... etc.
    And btw. Rag was killed in week one.
    and raids consisting out of 20 mages.

never forget about this reason

10+ Year Old Account

Great work people.
    I don't understand you. On one hand you claim to love classic, but then you dedicate an entire thread to basically slagging classic off.

Why does it matter to you what a bunch of elite no-lifers do with their free time? Who cares if a bunch of super hardcore strangers got to 60 and cleared the first two raids within a week? You play the game for YOUR reasons, and don't let the way THEY play affect you. I swear people these days spend more time worrying about other people playing games than just getting the fuck on with playing the games for themselves.

Great work people.
    i hit 60 in just under 5days played as a hunter being in group maybe once or twice for stv tigers and panthers, all i can say is that you seem to want others to agree that its some kind of layering abuse or unjust leveling, truth is even if some abused layering for more mobs or raid exp bugs, not everyone did or knew about it, or were the classes that those players wanted for their group to begin with.

so instead of making a thread where you expect ppl to agree with you even when youre wrong, dont act suprised and start crying.
    and yes our guild killed rag, ragnaros is not hard nor is any content in the game really. even when compared to todays lfr standards.

Quote Originally Posted by danki1337 View Post
    i hit 60 in just under 5days played as a hunter being in group maybe once or twice for stv tigers and panthers, all i can say is that you seem to want others to agree that its some kind of layering abuse or unjust leveling, truth is even if some abused layering for more mobs or raid exp bugs, not everyone did or knew about it, or were the classes that those players wanted for their group to begin with.

so instead of making a thread where you expect ppl to agree with you even when youre wrong, dont act suprised and start crying.
    and yes our guild killed rag, ragnaros is not hard nor is any content in the game really. even when compared to todays lfr standards.
    Tell your account and I'll have Blizzard to check that up.

10+ Year Old Account

Great work people.

"Let the games begin."
    No. Basically Blizzard themselves up and admitted 1.12 was the earliest build they had on record. Classic cannot recreate the community of 2005. People these days are far more clued up on the game and the pace of play is much quicker these days. Can you seriously be stupid enough to blame Blizzard for that?

Layering abuse pure sucks and we all saw it coming but Blizzard still didn't take the threat seriously. But Blizzard did release a statement confirming that most of the layer abuse images we'd seen floating around (like banks full of arcane crystals) were indeed fakes, and in all fairness they did administer lots of bans. But honestly, without layering the game would have been unplayable. More servers? Would've been a worse idea. They might have added a few too many realms as is...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Layering had nothing to do with it. The first group did it a couple days before the reset? Even with layering "abuse" that might have pushed them back a single day at best, making it still fall within a single week.

Stop acting like Shaggy and Scooby Doo it's not like it's a fucking mystery. Certain people on these forums get so hurt and/or perplexed about how a 15 year old game has been broken down, thus shattering their unreal expectations about how leveling took months and the raid content was super hard.

1.12 as a starting patch certainly makes it easier with the improvements to itemization and classes, but lets not be naive and claim that it would have made a massive difference. These people have been doing this exact same shit on private servers for years and those servers didn't have layering, so I'm not sure why people expected something different. Obviously private servers got a lot of shit wrong, but not enough of a difference to make it a drastically different experience.

You have optimized groups for farming instances, in addition to people getting so far ahead of the curve that they have uncontested areas to farm exclusively for themselves. It's not a mystery when you know that you need certain consumables (thus people farm them while leveling) and/or so much reputation with hydraxian (thus people grinding elementals while leveling).

10+ Year Old Account
    "Let the games begin."
    So you're admitting you're trolling and just awaiting our responses. Great. I'm done then.

How did people hit 60 within a week?
    Pretty sure the record in vanilla for hitting 60 was like 4 days. I'm confused by your confusion.

So,

How was this even possible? Layering? Abusing the system and why are they still running around with the drops?

Ragnaros down after two weeks?

Really a serious question: how they did it and how does the layering system can be abused?

Any banns incoming?
    Layering abuse was not needed to hit 60 in a single week, all it took was knowing where to go and at what time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Layering had nothing to do with it. The first group did it a couple days before the reset? Even with layering "abuse" that might have pushed them back a single day at best, making it still fall within a single week.

Stop acting like Shaggy and Scooby Doo it's not like it's a fucking mystery. Certain people on these forums get so hurt and/or perplexed about how a 15 year old game has been broken down, thus shattering their unreal expectations about how leveling took months and the raid content was super hard.

1.12 as a starting patch certainly makes it easier with the improvements to itemization and classes, but lets not be naive and claim that it would have made a massive difference. These people have been doing this exact same shit on private servers for years and those servers didn't have layering, so I'm not sure why people expected something different. Obviously private servers got a lot of shit wrong, but not enough of a difference to make it a drastically different experience.

You have optimized groups for farming instances, in addition to people getting so far ahead of the curve that they have uncontested areas to farm exclusively for themselves. It's not a mystery when you know that you need certain consumables (thus people farm them while leveling) and/or so much reputation with hydraxian (thus people grinding elementals while leveling).
    You're very right. I'm more against abusing a system. It's totally normal for one like me to know all the instances from the back of my mind.

Have to admit. Private servers and the players killed a huge part of Classic when it comes to re-living and old school competition.

So, fuck you guys and have fun with your sisters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Layering abuse was not needed to hit 60 in a single week, all it took was knowing where to go and at what time.
    According to what source?

Just getting the aqual quintesences alone would be a chore. They must have gone in with their entire team at 55 and started farming Hydraxian rep in MC, with Warlocks to summon to Azshara and back to Blackrock. The organization required is mind-boggling.

So,

How was this even possible? Layering? Abusing the system and why are they still running around with the drops?

Ragnaros down after two weeks?

Really a serious question: how they did it and how does the layering system can be abused?

Any banns incoming?
    A lot of people like to play this "they thought it was hard but it isn't" tag because a few can pull it off. I mean by that standard the current content isn't hard either. It falls over by the few in a week or two as well. Easy game, right? Oh.. ignore that while I hate on Classic as a traditional Classic hater types will say though ignoring and not commenting on. It is the reason why they put a month delay on raid content when the expansion drops. The hardcores don't smoke the raid content while everyone is half way though leveling and making the content appear to be utter trash. Classic doesn't put that delay shade on it. Purposely placed game mechanics like "a week of hardcore first" before mythic drops is a thing. "A month before we start raid content" is a mechanic is a thing. GAME MECHANICS in the current game stop it from happening. NOT THE GAME DIFFICULTY. Sure, we are talking about the top 1-5% here. But that is pretty much what you are talking about in Classic as well as they pull off a week one or two clear. With all that said I think it is obvious to anyone the later game content is more challenging. What a surprise. In a video game stage 1 is easier than stage 12. Who would have thought. Sure, in the current game the art design and mechanics are more expansive and numerous.. stage one to stage 12 logic again.. no shit..

What is wrong with people liking what they like? From what I can tell its just because people don't like what they like. I like Classic and still raid in BFA. Some only like one or the other. Go play whichever and have fun. You got to be pretty tiny dicked to care much beyond that.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-10-20 at 04:54 PM.