View Poll Results: Would you be happy for a "new game" instead ?

Voters
310. This poll is closed
  • Excited

80 25.81%
  • Depends on its feature list

86 27.74%
  • Against the idea

144 46.45%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    It's too late for that. If they were going to do a WoW 2 it would have had to be years ago. Nothing they could do would get everyone over to the new game and there is no guarantee new people would jump in unless they totally overhauled what makes WoW what it is.

Basically they are screwed either way. Would I like to see WoW get a fresh start without all the baggage? Of course. Do I have faith that it can work? No chance.
    If you could import your characters/collections/accrued 'stuff' in general, I think people would. Most people don't want to start from scratch if they've been playing for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    its called mop
    What MoP? WoW 2 was Cata. When we killed the Lich King then startet a new story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    What MoP? WoW 2 was Cata. When we killed the Lich King then startet a new story.
    That's what I said in a previous post learn to scroll

Not going to happen but if it did would be interested.

i don't really get the attachment argument people are throwing around. is WoW the one and only game you play?
    i've played plenty of mmo's and gathered lot's of pixels in all of them but i've always been up to trying something else as long as it looks good.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really all they would logically do is continue the current iteration of WoW, including all your progress/achievements, but release the next expansion in a complete new engine (new game client, old one is obsolete, etc.). I'm not sure what a "WoW 2" would accomplish that a new engine and complete overhaul of the leveling system could not.

There is no way blizzard could pull something like that without pissing off the entire playerbase, even more now that wow is heavily an item collection based game

People that think WoW2 will happen any time in the next 10 years have the business knowledge of a small, decrepit Matryoshka Doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Im the type of player that plays since launch day. Got items that cant be earned anymore. Got a few arena glad mounts. Some unique titles etc
    I dont say you are lying, but everyone here claims to play since launch day and everyone claims to have significant /played in this game - and thats rarely the case.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I just want to also say that it will never happen, it's a dumb idea.

However, if it did I'd feel like all my accomplishments in WoW has gone to waste and no longer means anything. It would actually make me feel like there is no longer a point in playing current WoW if Blizzard is just going to ditch this one for the prettier version.

Thankfully this will never happen. It's stupid and it makes no sense to come this far just to start all over again. And for what? Prettier graphics? No, fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would kinda like to see a WoW 2, I don't think this is the time or the place. With so many angry people I think of the last things people would want to hear right now is WoW 2 being announced.

I think they would sooner end WoW and continue with a Warcraft 4.

As long as its this game ported into something that is easier to maintain on blizzards end, im down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    You are either type A or B MMO player:

A) you invest your time, socializing and mixed with happy and frustrating moments and get something more than a single-player game experience

B) you invest nothing, you play the game for 24/48 hours like you would with any generic console game and call it boring

If you played WoW and did not feel you could lose anything by a reset, you are simply a tybe B player and choose the wrong genre by mistake. You don't have to like the game, the genre or WoW right now, but the reason for it might be just the small fact that you are simply not the target audience for this game.
    That sounds a lot more like jealousy that some people could spend years playing a game and NOT feel so addicted that they can't move on from it. It's really not an "investment" anyway. You don't own any of the digital rewards you've accumulated over the years so there really isn't anything to lose. It's a game, so the whole point is to have fun in the moment. You could have two players do the exact same thing and receive the exact same reward, but if one of them had fun doing it and the other didn't you wouldn't say that it was time well spent for both of them. The reward was essentially irrelevant, the whole point was whether they had fun. If there was a reset right now I wouldn't feel like I lost anything since the 14 years I spent playing were (mostly) enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah thats my bet as well, i'll give em max 2 expansions. After that they will probably won't close servers but they will probably stop developing further. Going with WoW Next or developing new game.
    Thats kinda the thing, at this point without them asspulling new threats they've now had us defeat near enough everything worth defeating.

We've done everything worth doing, explored every continent worth exploring, there are a few fillers left like a proper south-seas expansion with new isles to discover aswell as old mentioned ones (plunder isle as an example).

The Dragons are seemingly getting a second round, and its very likely the Infinite Dragonflight will be the big bad there, leaving us little wriggle room for another foe. The Shadowlands will likley be dealt with in that same expansion.

This realistically leaves us with the Light/Void after this and we are truly done with the entire story of WoW itself, which is why I think 10.0 will be the Light/Void themed expansion while this next one will be the Infinite/Shadow themed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Thats kinda the thing, at this point without them asspulling new threats they've now had us defeat near enough everything worth defeating.

We've done everything worth doing, explored every continent worth exploring, there are a few fillers left like a proper south-seas expansion with new isles to discover aswell as old mentioned ones (plunder isle as an example).

The Dragons are seemingly getting a second round, and its very likely the Infinite Dragonflight will be the big bad there, leaving us little wriggle room for another foe. The Shadowlands will likley be dealt with in that same expansion.

This realistically leaves us with the Light/Void after this and we are truly done with the entire story of WoW itself, which is why I think 10.0 will be the Light/Void themed expansion while this next one will be the Infinite/Shadow themed expansion.
    Even if they create new threats etc, it just will be the same old shit we know. Always some big bad guy we have to defeat. This has to stop, diverse story with couple of factions and their own stories, their own alliances etc.

Even if they rework classes from ground up, removing absolutely every spell we had and replacing them with new set - it will be the same old shit. Combat system needs complete rework so that casting *bolt doesnt feel the same on every class, same goes with *swing melee abilities. I'd like to have more skillshot flashy like Jaina ice ray.

Graphics itself isn't a problem but engine is. It's just too clunky and patched with pigeon shit. We need new look&feel.

I'd like that to happen if Blizzard would focus on freshness.

One of the reasons the game has become stale is that the developers are clueless as to what features they can implement, so they merely iterate.

Another issue with the game is that the lore is so bad now, and there is nothing that is threatening any more. Remember The Burning Legion? Remember when facing them head-on was suicidal at best? Remember the Old Gods? They were real monsters and, if completely free of their bonds, something really serious would happen. Nope, we just haven't got such threats. Void Lords? Pfffft, that is merely a Starcraft 2 story rehash.

What about the races? There were lots of Trolls subspecies, there were the Scourge and the Forsaken, the Night Elves and their very rich lore, the Dwarves unearthing artefacts and more... All that is gone now in favour of the 2 factions. The Horde may be more used to being homogeneous, but the Alliance had only one 'filler race' and that was the Gnomeregan Exiles. All that flavour is gone now.

Without having a world that is interesting and flavourful, it would be pointless to reboot the MMO or come up with a new one.

There should be more focus on the races and their more immediate enemies.
    There should be more differences between classes even if they are mostly cosmetic (say, a Priestess of the Moon slinging spells through firing arrows of silvery energy as opposed to casting Light-infused spells... Tauren blocking attacks more than dodging them as opposed to Blood Elves which would try to get out of the way... Human Paladins having Light powers, but Tauren Paladins having fiery effects to their attacks... Dwarves using guns as opposed to bows... There are lots of things they could do to make your class/race combo feel more interesting.
    The world should be a lot more dangerous.
    The lore should be good, or there is no point.

* IMAGINE *

Imagine the "world" 10x larger in scale. Each zone as we know it being divided into sub zones with new adventures and new challenges. We have currently run out of exploration space on Azeroth. This is the number one reason why we need WoW2. Imagine places like Goldshire being an actual town opposed to just a couple of buildings. Maybe a whole expansion would take place in Duskwood alone. A whole new giant world and you don't know where the next path or quest will take you.

Imagine a time jump into the near future. 50 years? A lot can happen in that time. Our adventures in this re-imagined and expansive Azeroth would slowly reveal what has happened over time. Is there even an Alliance and Horde? Have different alliances formed? Maybe Stormwind was destroyed and a new human kingdom has arisen in Westfall. Maybe the son of Thrall rules the orcs. Maybe Sylvanus sits on the Frozen Throne? Our new adventures in familiar places unravel the story and offer new enemies to face.

Imagine a graphic update that truly brings WoW into the present. Just look at how amazing WC3 Reforged is compared to WoW. They managed to capture the feel of Warcraft while updating the race models to look awesome. I love that they took a fresh perspective on things and wish that the same could have been done with the recent WoW race updates.

Finally, imagine that fresh start. A new game means new opportunities. So many people have played WoW over the years. Imagine how many people across the globe would want to check out WoW2. It would draw new players because it is new. And it would draw old players because it is WoW.

Nothing would be fixed by starting over now, this would only make sense if they wanted to do something else entirely but that is not what people generally want from WoW. Also expecting the current design team to make a <current year> game and it be anything other than a microtransaction infested money sink is just flat out delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    * IMAGINE *
    Imagine the 2036 release date.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-10-22 at 06:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoW really needs to be updated to today's standards. What they did over the years was upgrading water and fire effects and better details of the 'terrain paint'. They made somewhat better trees in newer zones but otherwise the 'improvement' is in the vast amount of clutter which makes some areas pain to load even for decent machines (talk about Dalaran 2.0) without SSD.

A new game with a better engine with further improved tree models, buildings (with actual window transparency instead of the weird paint that just don't match from inside and outside), and CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION would be nice.

Then, there's the issue many people mentioned: how many people would carry over? They made several decisions the players welcomed poorly, whether in story department (all the shenanigans to make the faction war going), gameplay department (more endless and boring grinds, useless professions, useless reputations), PvE (forced personal loot - even though I don't care that much for it myself), PvP (there's always some issue AFAIK even though I don't care for this minigame) and probably more - and a hard restart would be a natural end for many players.