Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Apparently some people who got a copy early said that they're starting a relationship by the end of the book. It's also been mentioned to Danuser in his Lore interview this week and he didn't contradict it either.

Personally I'm glad it's Flynn, that means Valeera isn't also getting together with a human (at least for now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    The opposite actually. We learn during the Freehold questline in Tiragarde Sounds that Flynn likes a specific girl from the innkeeper there, but Flynn tells him to stop because he was embarrassed (probably Taelia).
    Well he could be bi.
    Whcih would fit his character quite good tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I guess that's... something... but again, the treasury heist is sort of an all-business kind of thing.

Wyrmbane and Valeera's interactions with Shaw happen as an aside, and something the player has to elect into. Those come off as a little more meaningful than some rather cut-and-dry getting through a scenario and an implied continued association by merit of the mission table.
    I do agree that I think the asides, despite being equally scripted, feel less scripted because they occur without the player's presence or because they generally are more flavor than critical lore info. Depending on how long ago this direction was determined for the characters, it would be nice if they had been put in closer proximity to give them more of an opportunity to interact, though I suppose the Wind's Redemption was filling pretty full. Alternatively, they could have little scripted vignettes with the characters talking in a tavern, Flynn getting sloshed while Shaw takes his money in games of "chance." I definitely agree that the relationship could be built up better in-game, but I feel that way about pretty much every relationship (I never really read into the Thalyssra/Lor'themar relationship in their in-game interactions and thought it, too, was just a fan ship until the short story).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I do agree that I think the asides, despite being equally scripted, feel less scripted because they occur without the player's presence or because they generally are more flavor than critical lore info. Depending on how long ago this direction was determined for the characters, it would be nice if they had been put in closer proximity to give them more of an opportunity to interact, though I suppose the Wind's Redemption was filling pretty full. Alternatively, they could have little scripted vignettes with the characters talking in a tavern, Flynn getting sloshed while Shaw takes his money in games of "chance." I definitely agree that the relationship could be built up better in-game, but I feel that way about pretty much every relationship (I never really read into the Thalyssra/Lor'themar relationship in their in-game interactions and thought it, too, was just a fan ship until the short story).
    Thalyssa seems pretty thirsty for Lor'themar in the closing dialogues for 8.2.5. Specifically:
    Lor'themar: Thank you again for leading our forces in Nazjatar alongside me, Thalyssra. Your insight and courage were key to our victory.
    First Arcanist: It was an honor, Lor'themar. I am relieved the war is finally over. Now you have no excuse to refuse my invitation to visit Suramar.
    Lor'themar: Well, uh... I have been away from Silvermoon for some time. No doubt my people require--
    First Arcanist: Halduron has assured me that Quel'Thalas is quite secure. And Rommath said that if you put up a fuss, he will teleport you to the Nighthold himself.
    Lor'themar: It seems my closest allies are conspiring against me!
    First Arcanist: Would it really take a conspiracy for you to spend time alone with me?
    Lor'themar: No, my lady. It would be my pleasure.
    First Arcanist: A suitably chivalrous answer, Regent Lord. There may be hope for you yet! Perhaps I can even teach you to relish the... simpler joys of life.
    Lor'themar: Perhaps you can, First Arcanist. Perhaps you can.
    First Arcanist: I will accept, if you will stand by my side, as counselor... and friend.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    The opposite actually. We learn during the Freehold questline in Tiragarde Sounds that Flynn likes a specific girl from the innkeeper there, but Flynn tells him to stop because he was embarrassed (probably Taelia).
    https://twitter.com/_donadams/status...442686976?s=21

Flynn's Bi.
    Twas brillig

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Since he's bi he can forget the unrequited love of Taelia and do some business in the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is trying to find its very own Dorian from Dragon Age Inquisition... Fact is they'll never have someone as hot and sexy as Dorian

I'm betting on Flynn too. Partly because I need blizzard to have a reason to keep him around and not just let him stay stuck in BFA Boralus.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wow is trying to find its very own Dorian from Dragon Age Inquisition... Fact is they'll never have someone as hot and sexy as Dorian
    Even though he's not a gay love interest (at least without a mod he he he ), Alistair will always be my favorite romance in the Dragon Age series. I've tried so many times to romance anyone else but that adorkable hunk just makes me swoon every time.