Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I just don't see it happening. The amount of effort needed for that would be enormous. I think the weapon is sadly just flavor and we will be seeing the return of some abilities like temporal displacement and AMZ, while keepting the current gameplay alive. There are just too many things backed into the current trees to just change that, beginning with mastery and ending with weapon restrictions for every single spec. At best I see them losening up some of the weapon restrictions (2h frost would already be a major victory in this endevour).
    With the inevitable level crunch we may be seeing some interesting talent changes which could all be part of the same thing.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I actually would like a fire based dk. Could have some nice dark souls aesthetic, I want the spec to be called Cinder.
    I would like a truly fire based melee, but I just don't see fire fitting any of the DK aesthetics. Just because one man was burned, survived, and is now seemingly becoming the new Lich King doesn't mean that now suddenly a class that was all about the cold dark chill of death should be burning stuff.

I don't think 4th spec is happening, but if it did I'd be really interested to see a fire-based healer spec based on the Lifebinder's fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I would like a truly fire based melee, but I just don't see fire fitting any of the DK aesthetics. Just because one man was burned, survived, and is now seemingly becoming the new Lich King doesn't mean that now suddenly a class that was all about the cold dark chill of death should be burning stuff.
    death knights who control fire, hell fire or anything is pretty fitting:

Dragonfire Death Knights would be a cool healing spec.

I don't think Bolvar can breathe fire onto new DKs just because a dragon did that to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    That’s great but WoW isn’t those games.

Closest WoW has is those undead covered in fel fire in broken isles.

So fire undead is a Demon fel knight thing.

Not a Northrend frozen undead thing.
    Fel knight sounds like demon hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Kong View Post
    I don't think Bolvar can breathe fire onto new DKs just because a dragon did that to him.
    Not breathe, sure, but if new death knights derive their power from him, that'd include the fire that burns within him.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrah-the-Old-One View Post
    Death Knights... Warriors of Frost and Death... and Blood.

... and.... Fire I guess ?

...And Breakfast Cereals ?

..And Urang-Utangs ?
    Orangutans* just for your own knowledge.

But I see a lot of people like "fire DK all but confirmed for next expansion" and then the other side are proposing it's just one of the weapons you can get in the new DK starting zone.

If you ask me, the latter of the ideas makes more sense. Considering that Blizzard has trouble balancing the specs to begin with, I don't think they want to add more work for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    death knights who control fire, hell fire or anything is pretty fitting:

Dude the first image is a Chaos space marine from Warhammer isn't it? Which is about demons. The second is literally a demon. The third is more open to interpretation, I suppose.

Unless Blizzard wants to further convolute their own lore, I don't think mixing Death Knights and demons is a good idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    Dude the first image is a Chaos space marine from Warhammer isn't it? Which is about demons. The second is literally a demon. The third is more open to interpretation, I suppose.

Unless Blizzard wants to further convolute their own lore, I don't think mixing Death Knights and demons is a good idea.
    there is no "demons" as we know in wow, like, demons come from hell, the place of death, it don't have to be based about demons but about the "death" in the concept of "hell" where the souls stay, this is a common conept in most rpgs

since you can make frost/ice with death magic you could the same with fire, like warlocks do with shadowfire.

the theme is pretty fitting.

3+ Year Old Account
    there is no "demons" as we know in wow, like, demons come from hell, the place of death, it don't have to be based about demons but about the "death" in the concept of "hell" where the souls stay, this is a common conept in most rpgs

since you can make frost/ice with death magic you could the same with fire, like warlocks do with shadowfire.

I don't doubt that fire can be related to undeath. I mean Darkmaster Gandling casts fireball instead of frostbolt/shadowbolt anyhow. Where I have trouble is the origins of the fire that Bolvar "wields."

One of the holiest paladins, absolutely filled to the brim with the Light, combined with the lifebringing flames of Alexstrasza. I just can't see how that is going to lead us to this sort of "infernal" Death Knight spec that's drawing influence from damnation and the burning underworld known as Hell from Christianity. It's almost like saying two positives make a negative, isn't it? Holy Light and the flames of life wouldn't logically create hellfire, at least not from my perspective.

10+ Year Old Account

But that is the theme of other games and other stories and such...in WoW Arthas and the Death Knights were always based on Darkness (Shadow) and the Chill of the grave (Frost) and from what we know the closest thing to Hell that WoW has is dark...shadowy. Sylvanas serves Death and she is just overflowing with dark shadowy energy.

The only Hellfire we've seen comes from Warlocks and the Legion...both have a Fel base. Sargeras is probably the closest thing we've seen to what looks likes modern interpretations of The Devil...once again Demonic.

The way we see hell on Earth involves Death and Demons...in WoW Death and Demons are separate.

give it a burning skull visual to replace the head, delete demon hunters, give it the eyebeam + some cool burning chain attacks and a tricked out warlock steed.

seriously though a simple fire spec for dk's is more interesting than most of the stuff people suggest here so why not?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't doubt that fire can be related to undeath. I mean Darkmaster Gandling casts fireball instead of frostbolt/shadowbolt anyhow. Where I have trouble is the origins of the fire that Bolvar "wields."
    anything can be corrupted with death magic,including the fire of the dragons, is basically wht could have happened with bolvar after the he put the helm of damnation(?)

One of the holiest paladins, absolutely filled to the brim with the Light, combined with the lifebringing flames of Alexstrasza. I just can't see how that is going to lead us to this sort of "infernal" Death Knight spec that's drawing influence from damnation and the burning underworld known as Hell from Christianity. It's almost like saying two positives make a negative, isn't it? Holy Light and the flames of life wouldn't logically create hellfire, at least not from my perspective.
    by his words the fire sealed his faith, he was not alive neither death, but undead, he was dying by the plague, and everything just got nus with the helm and the power of the LK, death magic corrupting the dragon flames, becoming shadow/death fire

dath/shadow magic can emulate ice and frost, so it can emulate fire as well.

I wish people would stop parroting every idiotic idea like this from low effort clickbait trash YouTubers

10+ Year Old Account

Please, stop with the Hellfire Death Knights.
    You seem so upset over something so trivial... Given what Death Knights are, it's suitably, just like any other class/spec in the game.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But that is the theme of other games and other stories and such...
    blizzard is well know for taking thigns from other games
    WoW Arthas and the Death Knights were always based on Darkness (Shadow) and the Chill of the grave (Frost)
    And is ee no problem in then going forward with the thematic bringing the hellfire, since shadow magic can also produce fire, aka warlocks

and from what we know the closest thing to Hell that WoW has is dark...shadowy. Sylvanas serves Death and she is just overflowing with dark shadowy energy.
    but the concept of death by fire, fire undead is not absurd and exist, it would be silly not implement in the Death knights.
    The only Hellfire we've seen comes from Warlocks and the Legion...both have a Fel base. Sargeras is probably the closest thing we've seen to what looks likes modern interpretations of The Devil...once again Demonic.
    but wow demons are noy rly "demons" but space aliens
    The way we see hell on Earth involves Death and Demons...in WoW Death and Demons are separate.
    And the death can be where it comes the "hell"fire death knight.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    You seem so upset over something so trivial... Given what Death Knights are, it's suitably, just like any other class/spec in the game.
    I was being hyperbolic. But the lore does matter to me! Blizzard has been consistently taking a massive dump on their own story and it bothers me because I've spent nearly my entire life with this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Dragonfire Death Knights ?
    Boom

/end thread