Poll: Will they prevent fans from speaking on live mics on the Blizzcon floor?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Aren't the questions asked reviewed at first before you can talk in the mic? That should filter the HongKong shouters out i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think most people that live nowhere near Hong Kong have forgotten or forgiven Blizzard by the time of Blizzcon. At least Blizzard's channels have quieted down pretty much completely from the first week's outrage already. I think bigger outrage would come if they suddenly announce there will be no Q&As.

But it would be very entertaining to see a mini riot or hong kong questions in a Q&A.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I think most people that live nowhere near Hong Kong have forgotten or forgiven Blizzard by the time of Blizzcon. At least Blizzard's channels have quieted down pretty much completely from the first week's outrage already. I think bigger outrage would come if they suddenly announce there will be no Q&As.

But it would be very entertaining to see a mini riot or hong kong questions in a Q&A.
    There is gona be a event that will give away free shirts so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Aren't the questions asked reviewed at first before you can talk in the mic? That should filter the HongKong shouters out i guess.
    - What's your question.

- I'm going to ask what's been going on with Muradin.

- Go ahead.

- FREE HONG KO- *gets tackled*

- Next question.

Repeat a few times every Q&A panel. Massive PR shitstorm after Blizzcon.

I don't think they're going to risk it. And I think they're going to release the schedule as late as possible because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Theyre not gonna have a qa this time because of china
    Nah - they won't have a Q& this time because of a vocal minority who forget that China is the problem, not Blizzard.

If they do have Q&A - and Blizzard applies the topic rules to the questions and silences them, people will complain - Blizzard are screwed.
    If they do have Q&A - and Blizzard doesn't apply the topic rules, then it will be a complete waste and paying attendees will complain - Blizzard are screwed.
    If don't do a Q&A - everyone will complain

That's the problem of this new #cancelculture - people irrationally attack the wrong party.

If you REALLY want to protest against China, you can do it at Blizzcon - wear a Winnie the Pooh outfit - and quietly sit or stand in said outfit.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    No, not becaue China, but because useless asswipes thinking they are making a difference by yelling FREE HONG KONG at blizzard, while doing absolutely nothing else about it.
    I know right? If only these people used half that energy actually trying to make a difference, pressuring governments and international institutions instead of a game developer just trying to be able to sell their business in China.

But no, apparently if Blizzcon is a shitshow all will be well in the World.

Welp, we now know that Q+As will not be cancelled, so it’ll be interesting to see the format they go with!

15+ Year Old Account

As expected.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Yeah no, there's no rule that state you cant wear a shirt with FreeHK on it, and since its America, people can sue you if they tried to enter peacefully and get denied of access after they paid for ticket and hotel, banning them would just put them on a greater media exposure.
    Actually, no they can't. Blizzard can kick you out of their convention for any reason they want that isn't discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual preference. There are rules clearly printed on the ticket. You try to create a scene like that, you will be kicked out and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Well, they were last year - and yet that guy risked breaking from being approved and asked the April Fools question about D:I instead of his approved question.

What's a better question is how they're going to force them down even more this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    That isn't going to do squat. Morally bankrupt compainjes like Blizz aren't going to stop doing business because of that and China sure as hell ain't going to change their ways based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/LkyeC5p.jpg[IMG]

As expected.
    Ahhhh, there ya go! ^_^

No live QnA then. Just "approved submitted questions"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

Watched HS 2 days ago and literally 95% of the messages were about the HongKong drama.

5+ Year Old Account
    They screen all the questions anyways. Ever since I learned that I've been greatly disinterested in that part of Blizzcon.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    They screen all the questions anyways.
    Ok, but, again, Mr April Fools was screened. He lied. We had a laugh at it last year, but if that was a HK comment, as mentioned already, Blizzard just loses the moment. There is no good PR answer to that uncontrollable moment.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-10-23 at 08:56 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    They screen all the questions anyways. Ever since I learned that I've been greatly disinterested in that part of Blizzcon.
    Yeah they used to just do it in line so people stayed on subject, after "April Fools" guy last year they got rid of the live mic entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well at least now they can have a member of the Ministry of Culture watching for any foul western ideals like freedom or human rights getting in the way before they hit the stage and cut out the work on the editing team for the delayed chinese broadcast.

The entire situation is shameful and borderline inexcusable. They're afraid of their most hardcore fans asking questions or making statements about a topic Blizzard shouldn't even have gotten themselves into in the first place. Theses are fans who have already paid hundreds of dollars to attend, hundreds more in travel and lodging, but Blizz is so scared of an uncontrolled question.

How about this Blizzard: Stop doing shit that you're so ashamed of that you won't even let your most dedicated and loyal fans talk about it.

Hopefully - they always suck. I wish they'd just talk for even an extra 10 minutes about the new stuff. I'd trade several hours worth of free-mic QnA, for an extra 10 minutes of Ion or whatever telling us info or even just talking about their design process.

I don't care about your RP realms. I don't care about your worgen females. I don't care about high elves. I don't care about transmog restrictions. I don't wanna know what guild and server you're on. I don't want to see your face. I don't want to hear your memes. I don't want to hear your attempts to be the new red shirt guy. I don't want to hear about removing LFR. I don't want to see you plug your shitty twitch channel. I don't want to see 'e-celebs' wasting time. I don't want to talk about characters being gay. I don't want to talk about the LGBTBBQ movement. I don't wanna talk about China. I don't want to talk about playable murlocs. I don't want to talk about tauren rogues. I don't want to talk about your stupid, nitwit comments that don't effect the game either on a short term or a long term, and don't provide any extra content at all.

Waste. of. time - and not the belt, the real deal. My time. Your time. My money. Your money. You're literally paying money, big money, to watch some pink haired obese unemployed woman talk about adding more support for roleplayers.

Stop it. Bad humans. Stop talking! The show isn't about you. Go on, sit down. Yes, in the back there. Yes preferably in the shadows were we can't see your fat, thanks.

Now, Ion, as you were saying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The entire situation is shameful and borderline inexcusable. They're afraid of their most hardcore fans asking questions or making statements about a topic Blizzard shouldn't even have gotten themselves into in the first place. Theses are fans who have already paid hundreds of dollars to attend, hundreds more in travel and lodging, but Blizz is so scared of an uncontrolled question.

How about this Blizzard: Stop doing shit that you're so ashamed of that you won't even let your most dedicated and loyal fans talk about it.
    The people at Blizzcon had *nothing* to do with what happened to Blitzchung.

They have no valuable opinions on the situation, or on China / Hong Kong.

They won't solve the problem for you. They won't unfuck China or Hong Kong.

Their apology, if given, would be a proxy one, akin to a someone living on your street apologising to you for your dog shitting on your rug.

Waste of time. Waste of your time, waste of my time. You don't care about China. You didn't care about it until Blitzchung happened.

Blizzcon is not your soapbox. It is annoying enough when desperate narcassists use the QnA section to pimp their twitch channel, blog, guild or website. No one cares about you. If you died tomorrow, people would not care. Probably not even people you know. You aren't important. You aren't going to #FreeHongKong. Blizzard isn't afraid of you.

So with all that said, lets just sit down and watch that show that we all paid for, eh?

No? Ok, then enjoy getting thrown out and wasting your money, you pathetic narcissists.

#DoItForTheVine

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Hopefully - they always suck. I wish they'd just talk for even an extra 10 minutes about the new stuff. I'd trade several hours worth of free-mic QnA, for an extra 10 minutes of Ion or whatever telling us info or even just talking about their design process.

I don't care about your RP realms. I don't care about your worgen females. I don't care about high elves. I don't care about transmog restrictions. I don't wanna know what guild and server you're on. I don't want to see your face. I don't want to hear your memes. I don't want to hear your attempts to be the new red shirt guy. I don't want to hear about removing LFR. I don't want to see you plug your shitty twitch channel. I don't want to see 'e-celebs' wasting time. I don't want to talk about characters being gay. I don't want to talk about the LGBTBBQ movement. I don't wanna talk about China. I don't want to talk about playable murlocs. I don't want to talk about tauren rogues. I don't want to talk about your stupid, nitwit comments that don't effect the game either on a short term or a long term, and don't provide any extra content at all.

Waste. of. time - and not the belt, the real deal. My time. Your time. My money. Your money. You're literally paying money, big money, to watch some pink haired obese unemployed woman talk about adding more support for roleplayers.

Stop it. Bad humans. Stop talking! The show isn't about you. Go on, sit down. Yes, in the back there. Yes preferably in the shadows were we can't see your fat, thanks.

Now, Ion, as you were saying?

- - - Updated - - -

The people at Blizzcon had *nothing* to do with what happened to Blitzchung.

They have no valuable opinions on the situation, or on China / Hong Kong.

They won't solve the problem for you. They won't unfuck China or Hong Kong.

Their apology, if given, would be a proxy one, akin to a someone living on your street apologising to you for your dog shitting on your rug.

Waste of time. Waste of your time, waste of my time. You don't care about China. You didn't care about it until Blitzchung happened.

Blizzcon is not your soapbox. It is annoying enough when desperate narcassists use the QnA section to pimp their twitch channel, blog, guild or website. No one cares about you. If you died tomorrow, people would not care. Probably not even people you know. You aren't important. You aren't going to #FreeHongKong. Blizzard isn't afraid of you.

So with all that said, lets just sit down and watch that show that we all paid for, eh?

No? Ok, then enjoy getting thrown out and wasting your money, you pathetic narcissists.

#DoItForTheVine
    Holy crap, dude. You should stop and consider that you just expressed more venom and hate in one post than entire threads see, in some cases.

Take a breather. Go outside maybe. FFS.