View Poll Results: Will they prevent fans from speaking on live mics on the Blizzcon floor?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there will be no live mics offered to fans

    133 62.74%
  • No, direct fan interaction is too important to Blizzcon

    79 37.26%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    They screen all the questions anyways. Ever since I learned that I've been greatly disinterested in that part of Blizzcon.
    Kupo.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    They screen all the questions anyways.
    Ok, but, again, Mr April Fools was screened. He lied. We had a laugh at it last year, but if that was a HK comment, as mentioned already, Blizzard just loses the moment. There is no good PR answer to that uncontrollable moment.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-10-23 at 08:56 PM.

  3. #163
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,082
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    They screen all the questions anyways. Ever since I learned that I've been greatly disinterested in that part of Blizzcon.
    Yeah they used to just do it in line so people stayed on subject, after "April Fools" guy last year they got rid of the live mic entirely.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  4. #164
    Well at least now they can have a member of the Ministry of Culture watching for any foul western ideals like freedom or human rights getting in the way before they hit the stage and cut out the work on the editing team for the delayed chinese broadcast.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  5. #165
    The entire situation is shameful and borderline inexcusable. They're afraid of their most hardcore fans asking questions or making statements about a topic Blizzard shouldn't even have gotten themselves into in the first place. Theses are fans who have already paid hundreds of dollars to attend, hundreds more in travel and lodging, but Blizz is so scared of an uncontrolled question.

    How about this Blizzard: Stop doing shit that you're so ashamed of that you won't even let your most dedicated and loyal fans talk about it.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  6. #166
    Hopefully - they always suck. I wish they'd just talk for even an extra 10 minutes about the new stuff. I'd trade several hours worth of free-mic QnA, for an extra 10 minutes of Ion or whatever telling us info or even just talking about their design process.

    I don't care about your RP realms. I don't care about your worgen females. I don't care about high elves. I don't care about transmog restrictions. I don't wanna know what guild and server you're on. I don't want to see your face. I don't want to hear your memes. I don't want to hear your attempts to be the new red shirt guy. I don't want to hear about removing LFR. I don't want to see you plug your shitty twitch channel. I don't want to see 'e-celebs' wasting time. I don't want to talk about characters being gay. I don't want to talk about the LGBTBBQ movement. I don't wanna talk about China. I don't want to talk about playable murlocs. I don't want to talk about tauren rogues. I don't want to talk about your stupid, nitwit comments that don't effect the game either on a short term or a long term, and don't provide any extra content at all.

    Waste. of. time - and not the belt, the real deal. My time. Your time. My money. Your money. You're literally paying money, big money, to watch some pink haired obese unemployed woman talk about adding more support for roleplayers.

    Stop it. Bad humans. Stop talking! The show isn't about you. Go on, sit down. Yes, in the back there. Yes preferably in the shadows were we can't see your fat, thanks.

    Now, Ion, as you were saying?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The entire situation is shameful and borderline inexcusable. They're afraid of their most hardcore fans asking questions or making statements about a topic Blizzard shouldn't even have gotten themselves into in the first place. Theses are fans who have already paid hundreds of dollars to attend, hundreds more in travel and lodging, but Blizz is so scared of an uncontrolled question.

    How about this Blizzard: Stop doing shit that you're so ashamed of that you won't even let your most dedicated and loyal fans talk about it.
    The people at Blizzcon had *nothing* to do with what happened to Blitzchung.

    They have no valuable opinions on the situation, or on China / Hong Kong.

    They won't solve the problem for you. They won't unfuck China or Hong Kong.

    Their apology, if given, would be a proxy one, akin to a someone living on your street apologising to you for your dog shitting on your rug.

    Waste of time. Waste of your time, waste of my time. You don't care about China. You didn't care about it until Blitzchung happened.

    Blizzcon is not your soapbox. It is annoying enough when desperate narcassists use the QnA section to pimp their twitch channel, blog, guild or website. No one cares about you. If you died tomorrow, people would not care. Probably not even people you know. You aren't important. You aren't going to #FreeHongKong. Blizzard isn't afraid of you.

    So with all that said, lets just sit down and watch that show that we all paid for, eh?

    No? Ok, then enjoy getting thrown out and wasting your money, you pathetic narcissists.

    #DoItForTheVine

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Hopefully - they always suck. I wish they'd just talk for even an extra 10 minutes about the new stuff. I'd trade several hours worth of free-mic QnA, for an extra 10 minutes of Ion or whatever telling us info or even just talking about their design process.

    I don't care about your RP realms. I don't care about your worgen females. I don't care about high elves. I don't care about transmog restrictions. I don't wanna know what guild and server you're on. I don't want to see your face. I don't want to hear your memes. I don't want to hear your attempts to be the new red shirt guy. I don't want to hear about removing LFR. I don't want to see you plug your shitty twitch channel. I don't want to see 'e-celebs' wasting time. I don't want to talk about characters being gay. I don't want to talk about the LGBTBBQ movement. I don't wanna talk about China. I don't want to talk about playable murlocs. I don't want to talk about tauren rogues. I don't want to talk about your stupid, nitwit comments that don't effect the game either on a short term or a long term, and don't provide any extra content at all.

    Waste. of. time - and not the belt, the real deal. My time. Your time. My money. Your money. You're literally paying money, big money, to watch some pink haired obese unemployed woman talk about adding more support for roleplayers.

    Stop it. Bad humans. Stop talking! The show isn't about you. Go on, sit down. Yes, in the back there. Yes preferably in the shadows were we can't see your fat, thanks.

    Now, Ion, as you were saying?

    - - - Updated - - -



    The people at Blizzcon had *nothing* to do with what happened to Blitzchung.

    They have no valuable opinions on the situation, or on China / Hong Kong.

    They won't solve the problem for you. They won't unfuck China or Hong Kong.

    Their apology, if given, would be a proxy one, akin to a someone living on your street apologising to you for your dog shitting on your rug.

    Waste of time. Waste of your time, waste of my time. You don't care about China. You didn't care about it until Blitzchung happened.

    Blizzcon is not your soapbox. It is annoying enough when desperate narcassists use the QnA section to pimp their twitch channel, blog, guild or website. No one cares about you. If you died tomorrow, people would not care. Probably not even people you know. You aren't important. You aren't going to #FreeHongKong. Blizzard isn't afraid of you.

    So with all that said, lets just sit down and watch that show that we all paid for, eh?

    No? Ok, then enjoy getting thrown out and wasting your money, you pathetic narcissists.

    #DoItForTheVine
    Holy crap, dude. You should stop and consider that you just expressed more venom and hate in one post than entire threads see, in some cases.

    Take a breather. Go outside maybe. FFS.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  8. #168
    Hope so. Suffering through awkward dudes trying to be funny or shouting out their guildmembers or telling us their gamer life story as if any of the rest of us care is one of the worst parts of blizzcon. Having a presenter just reading out the best questions is highly preferable. Missing out on a few people not being able to virtue signal about Hong Kong when they probably know literally nothing about HK (and are probably wearing clothes made in china or carrying a phone made in china, or play wow on a computer filled with parts made in china etc lol) and just wanna join in on the circlejerk and pat themselves on the back is a small price to pay. One might say that that's just another benefit of getting rid of fans asking questions directly.
    Last edited by mythicowow; 2019-10-24 at 04:02 PM.

  9. #169
    Blizz attitude should be "ok guys, let's just talk about the game, no politics!" with a laugh. That would be their attitude if it was local politics and it shouldn't change if it's about China.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Hopefully - they always suck. I wish they'd just talk for even an extra 10 minutes about the new stuff. I'd trade several hours worth of free-mic QnA, for an extra 10 minutes of Ion or whatever telling us info or even just talking about their design process.

    I don't care about your RP realms. I don't care about your worgen females. I don't care about high elves. I don't care about transmog restrictions. I don't wanna know what guild and server you're on. I don't want to see your face. I don't want to hear your memes. I don't want to hear your attempts to be the new red shirt guy. I don't want to hear about removing LFR. I don't want to see you plug your shitty twitch channel. I don't want to see 'e-celebs' wasting time. I don't want to talk about characters being gay. I don't want to talk about the LGBTBBQ movement. I don't wanna talk about China. I don't want to talk about playable murlocs. I don't want to talk about tauren rogues. I don't want to talk about your stupid, nitwit comments that don't effect the game either on a short term or a long term, and don't provide any extra content at all.

    Waste. of. time - and not the belt, the real deal. My time. Your time. My money. Your money. You're literally paying money, big money, to watch some pink haired obese unemployed woman talk about adding more support for roleplayers.

    Stop it. Bad humans. Stop talking! The show isn't about you. Go on, sit down. Yes, in the back there. Yes preferably in the shadows were we can't see your fat, thanks.

    Now, Ion, as you were saying?

    - - - Updated - - -



    The people at Blizzcon had *nothing* to do with what happened to Blitzchung.

    They have no valuable opinions on the situation, or on China / Hong Kong.

    They won't solve the problem for you. They won't unfuck China or Hong Kong.

    Their apology, if given, would be a proxy one, akin to a someone living on your street apologising to you for your dog shitting on your rug.

    Waste of time. Waste of your time, waste of my time. You don't care about China. You didn't care about it until Blitzchung happened.

    Blizzcon is not your soapbox. It is annoying enough when desperate narcassists use the QnA section to pimp their twitch channel, blog, guild or website. No one cares about you. If you died tomorrow, people would not care. Probably not even people you know. You aren't important. You aren't going to #FreeHongKong. Blizzard isn't afraid of you.

    So with all that said, lets just sit down and watch that show that we all paid for, eh?

    No? Ok, then enjoy getting thrown out and wasting your money, you pathetic narcissists.

    #DoItForTheVine
    Is it hard to write while you are choking?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Blizz attitude should be "ok guys, let's just talk about the game, no politics!" with a laugh. That would be their attitude if it was local politics and it shouldn't change if it's about China.
    They reacted to politic statement, therefore making their reactions political. Its on them.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    They screen all the questions anyways. Ever since I learned that I've been greatly disinterested in that part of Blizzcon.
    As long as you have the mic, you can still say what you want.

  12. #172
    Probably pre-screened, as has been the case since like 2012?

  13. #173
    Field Marshal naabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.
    Posts
    91
    They've been pre-screening since 2009.
    Most conventions do.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post
    They've been pre-screening since 2009.
    Most conventions do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Probably pre-screened, as has been the case since like 2012?
    Ok, but again, it's not the screening that's the question, it's the who is actually in front of the mic. Last year was screened. We still got the "april fool's joke" and that obnoxious "FOR THE HORDE" goblin enthusiast guy. I'd imagine both of those opportunities won't exist this year. 100% staff-asked questions. That has *not* been the norm as of late.

  15. #175
    Field Marshal naabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.
    Posts
    91
    Well considering they posted the Blizzcon schedule five days ago, and a the WoW Q&A is scheduled for Saturday, I guess its no longer up to speculation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •