Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Yes. You should read some of the recent interviews with D.B Weiss and Benioff, they are admitting they had 0 clue what they were doing. They also wrote the entire thing themself, them 2 and said it was a mistake. So yes, GoT writing is trash, the actors made that show and GRRM. So if anything Blizz could take note from GRRM.
    Take your GoT hate boner elsewhere; I wasn’t comparing the show to the books

I was questioning the sanity of the person saying wow writing > got writing when that is laughable

Even the final season is better than any story wow has ever done

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

I was questioning the sanity of the person saying wow writing > got writing when that is laughable

You should read this thread: https://twitter.com/ForArya/status/1188186578071556102 a Q&A session with the creators of GoT. You'll think otherwise after reading it. I loved GoT, but the incompetence of Benioff and D.B Weiss ruined the last 2-3 season completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    You should read this thread: https://twitter.com/ForArya/status/1188186578071556102 a Q&A session with the creators of GoT. You'll think otherwise after reading it. I loved GoT, but the incompetence of Benioff and D.B Weiss ruined the last 2-3 season completely.
    Ok but once again, that is not the argument I was making or trying to make.

My point was that even the worst of got is better than anything wow has done writing wise

Yea, I can't wait for them to reveal that Anduin is the offspring of Arthas and Calia.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Yea, I can't wait for them to reveal that Anduin is the offspring of Arthas and Calia.
    It would be the only interesting thing about anduin the boring

...My point was that even the worst of got is better than anything wow has done writing wise
    The greatest problem with WoW storytelling is the way it's delivered. The story doesn't need pointless drama... it needs leaders doing what they feel is right for their people. Sometimes it aligns with others creating alliances... other times it doesn't... that is compelling. What is not compelling is needlessly killing off important characters just because you don't know how to write them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I never watched Game of Thrones, but I will say Warcraft has never had Shakespearean level writing. It was universally better in the RTS games where game play did not dictate story-telling. In an MMO about "war" where neither side can actually lose the war, the story will be shit exactly because of it. I mean, can it be better? Yes. Mists of Pandaria for its main criticism of Garrosh, was still written better than BfA.

WoW has been taking cues from GoT season 8 for years now LUL.

You just can't compare a god damned TV/Film to a MMORPG Videogame. That's apples and oranges.

You must prioritise gameplay in a videogame. After that, you insert pieces of story that will have to survive for 6-9 months until the next pieces can be delivered. During this time, the players will repeat the existing pieces several (hundred) times. Also, you're telling the story to million people at the simultaneously. Most of them have names like XxDKDeathKiller.

MMORPGs are really shitty way to tell stories. I'm not sure why people are expecting and comparing them to fucking cinematographic storytelling. It's game that is delivered at slower than glacial pace. It's going to be a shallow pool for anyone looking for deep and meaningful stories or unexpected plot twists and turns
    Last edited by TwoMana; 2019-10-28 at 04:56 PM.

I think WoW should take political cues from Game of Thrones. More complex stories with characters' narratives interweaving and intersecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so.

WoW does not give enough screen time for the character to develop enough.

In WoW the story is the vehicle that us to the content.

In GoT the story is the content.

They will have to improve WoW's storytelling. But credit where credit is due, while the story is bad this expansion, the way they told it was way better.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

So Jaina's gunna start sleeping with Derek now???

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    In lore humans already had those GoT moments with the founding of the first human kingdom....Thoradin was a warlord, a wise and more than likely very brutal individual, also nobles throughout human history on Azeroth were similar to GoT and real life nobles..... a bunch of backstabbing sumbitches.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe flesh out more noble houses and introduce them to the game.
    I don't think he's talking about the role of humans in the universe. He's talking about the personnalities, how they act and speak, which is absolutely terrible in WoW, they talk like NPCs who have information to give to the player so dialogues are tweaked to say specific things for the players instead of making characters say what a normal person would naturally say in the situation they are into.

This leads to the problem of bad character development, if your characters are saying things they shouldn't be saying it not only stops the development of the character but makes it REGRESS because now you make them look dumb by saying things they shouldn't be saying.

The game doesn't really need better roles like you said there's already some good ones, but it needs to make characters have normal dialogues, not try to push information that's supposed to happen on its own and the characters should talk about what concerns them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk whether they should take cues from GoT, but they definitely should phase the old Orcs Vs Humans away. Especially the latter, I'd like to hear Alliance players' feelings about a faction that is pretty much the Human Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I don't think he's talking about the role of humans in the universe. He's talking about the personnalities, how they act and speak, which is absolutely terrible in WoW, they talk like NPCs who have information to give to the player so dialogues are tweaked to say specific things for the players instead of making characters say what a normal person would naturally say in the situation they are into.

This leads to the problem of bad character development, if your characters are saying things they shouldn't be saying it not only stops the development of the character but makes it REGRESS because now you make them look dumb by saying things they shouldn't be saying.

The game doesn't really need better roles like you said there's already some good ones, but it needs to make characters have normal dialogues, not try to push information that's supposed to happen on its own and the characters should talk about what concerns them.
    ^True, it would make stories better and NPCs wouldn't look so damn one dimensional.