Thread: [TV] Watchmen

15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Watchmen

Can someone please explain to me the whole raining squid thing in Watchmen? I know the HBO show is based off DC's Watchmen and I've never read/seen/heard of them until now and thought I'd ask on here to see if someone could explain the whole raining squid thing.

BTW for anyone curious, the first episode was really good. I look forward to seeing this show develop in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you watch this without at least watching the movie? Also no idea about any raining squids.

"Why would you watch this without at least reading the book?" /s

It's probably a reference to how the book climaxes, something that was altered for a rather more... mundane ending for the movie.

There was already a topic for that I think (not many contributions but still)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...40-TV-Watchmen

I'll let a few episodes pass to see the general reviews before watching (or not) on my side

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Real life weather phenomena can suck up wildlife in one place and have it rain down in another. It's rare for the perfect set of circumstances to line up but there are several documented cases. Knowing little to nothing of this franchise, I say it's likely some echo of a previous attack or catastrophe looking to set the tone and cause a reaction in the audience of something even more ominous on the horizon.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I'm watching this today. I'm a little concerned because the critic reviews are positive but audience reviews are negative.

Is this show in the movie universe or the comics universe? They did say it was in the Watchmen universe but which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm watching this today. I'm a little concerned because the critic reviews are positive but audience reviews are negative.

Is this show in the movie universe or the comics universe? They did say it was in the Watchmen universe but which one?
    Comics because it mentions the Squid.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

As mentioned, there is already a thread for this show here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...40-TV-Watchmen Closing.