Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Settle down. There is no reason for any further escalation.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I was weirded out by the US Christian organizations funding this kind of laws in Poland.

But I guess that could be a thing?
    Christianity has always had a rather big hold on Poland, it is part of a lot of traditions. What is not bad all of it really, Christmas eve traditions are nice but sadly there is an ugly side to all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    1. I'm not conservative.

2. Currently, students from around fifth grade of elementary school through high school are required to take at least 15 hours of sex education from a health education teacher annually. But the curriculum is mostly confined to superficial information about restraining sexual desires rather than educating students about sexuality, consent and contraception.

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...nage_pregnancy

UN Statistics Division, live birth 2009

Teenage birth rate
    per 1000 women 15–19

South Korea 1.8 2009

United States 41.5 2008

The only bullshit here is by Mayhem. Then you, for claiming I'm conservative.

Maybe you should educate yourself on what conservatism is before you continue posting about conservatism.

I'll just quote my old post:
    Old data. Teen birth rate in the US is down to 18.8 in 2017. With some states in the single digit.

South Korea is still much lower. However, birth rate in South Korea is low in the first place. According to Chosunilbo, South Korea has a fertility rate of 0.91 in the 2nd quarter of 2019. They are projecting a fertility rate of below 0.9 for the year 2019.

10/11/12 year olds aren't first graders.
    Neither are they "young kids".
    So maybe keep track of what you are arguing about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracle Mira View Post
    https://euobserver.com/tickers/146289

Teachers who give sex education classes said to "encourage students to become sexually active" or who give information about contraceptives in Polish schools could face up to five years in prison under a new bill designed to prevent "paedophilia", which has won the backing of the ruling Law and Justice party. "It [the law] is a sick idea," Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus, an opposition MP, told Polish daily Gazeta.pl.
    This sounds like something pulled out of certain states (no bashing), insane to believe that they can categorize Sex Education with paedophilia prevention..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Neither are they "young kids".
    So maybe keep track of what you are arguing about?
    You're going to have to explain how a 10 year old isn't a young kid.

In Poland?
    Yeah, US Christian organizations do that kind of thing.

They've been supporting murdering gays in Africa for example.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-10-22 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics

10/11/12 year olds aren't first graders.
    Sex ed starts in me country at age 10 nowadays. Mostly how it works, whats safe and whats not safe, advising (strongly) against sending dickpics, naked pics to each other, etc etc. ...

btw im not even going to comment on Teleros' so many thing wrong with his statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Daily reminder that humanity thrived for millennia without sex education of any kind whatsoever.

Anyway, good for the Poles. Sex education has pretty much always been just a foot in the door to attempts to spread sexual degeneracy, so them stamping it out is a great move.
    Holy shit you're serious. That's hilarious. Go ahead and link all the sources you have that show abstinence teaching is better.

- - - Updated - - -

You should be having that before you're going to have sex. Not after.
    You say that like when you become a teen you're already guaranteed to have sex, and I can guar-damn-tee you that's not the case with everyone.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch've fuckin' pillocks that think muttering the word 'sex' around a teenager is going to turn them into a sexual deviant, lmao. It's better for these kids to learn this stuff around the time their hormones start acting up, so they don't find shit out by themselves and fuck up. Teenagers hate being told they can't do something, and at least making sure they know how to do this shit safely - and understand the risk - goes a long way into stopping unwanted pregnancies.

Honesty it's the same as teaching someone how to use a Gun; you'd rather them know how to not fuck up then accidentally unload into someone because of nonexistent trigger discipline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Holy shit you're serious. That's hilarious. Go ahead and link all the sources you have that show abstinence teaching is better.
    Bit of a bait and switch, but eh, I'll nibble a bit for now.

As far as "teenage" pregnancy rates go, note that, in the US for example, they lump women & girls aged 15-19 together, then talk about the terribly high pregnancy rate. But look at the data:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/n...r67_08-508.pdf

In Table 2, for mothers aged 15-17, the pregnancy rate is half the 15-19 rate, and a big part of the increase is going to be immigration: the black & white pregnancy rates are fairly low, but the Hispanic rates are much higher. Much higher rates for 18-19 year olds, which is absolutely fine and not only not a problem, but if it's anything at all it's a good thing. BTW, here in the UK you can get married at 16, which obviously means having babies at 16 is also fine. Given that most teenage pregnancy rates focus on a broad band of ages 15-18 or 15-19... gee, it's almost like these statistics are untrustworthy, when for 75% of the age range it's legally & morally fine!

But back to my original point, which you studiously ignored - ie, that sex ed has been a means of encouraging sexual degeneracy. Care to actually respond to that, or are we just going to argue about bad statistics that only even begin in the 2nd half of the 20th Century?
    Still not tired of winning.

But back to my original point, which you studiously ignored - ie, that sex ed has been a means of encouraging sexual degeneracy. Care to actually respond to that, or are we just going to argue about bad statistics that only even begin in the 2nd half of the 20th Century?
    You want others to disprove your claim? What is 'degeneracy'? Are you daft?

In Poland?
    Much of the laws in Uganda can be traced to an evangelist from Massachusetts. It is not beyond the scope.

Bit of a bait and switch, but eh, I'll nibble a bit for now.
    How could I bait and switch you with only one response towards you? That's impossible. That's literally impossible. How do you use that so wrong? What are words?

Nonono, your point was teaching sex education leads to more sex, so therefore you would rather have abstinence teachings and when I asked for sources to show that abstinence teaching was better you......did no such thing.

Sex education in no way encourages sexual degeneracy (which by the way you need to explain the degeneracy part first) it teaches them how to have proper sex. You know the "you'll get pregnant/STDs without protection", "this is the proper way to put a condom on" (and therefore stop the STDs and pregnancy abstinence usually increases), "how to properly use birth control", and, if the teacher/curriculum is smart enough, will teach how much it is important to be ready for sex, no matter what age, as it is not only a physical act but a heavy emotional and mental act as well. Abstinence teaching teaches none of that and just hopes things turn out right, but what actually happens is kids fuck with LESS KNOWLEDGE and end up fucked in different ways.

So again, please explain why the opposite would be preferred to actual sexual education, what the hell you mean by "sexual degeneracy", and how the hell you can believe any of this and not start laughing your ass of at how absurd it is. If you are going to say that knowledge is terrible then we might as well go back to the fucking 1700s where anyone too smart was considered a witch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily reminder that humanity thrived for millennia without sex education of any kind whatsoever.

Anyway, good for the Poles. Sex education has pretty much always been just a foot in the door to attempts to spread sexual degeneracy, so them stamping it out is a great move.
    You clearly never attended a sex ed class in school have you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    You want others to disprove your claim? What is 'degeneracy'? Are you daft?
    Homosexuality. Just look at his post history.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You clearly never attended a sex ed class in school have you?
    If she believes that sex ed teaches people actually how to have sex and learns students various fetishes that would be a big no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If she believes that sex ed teaches people actually how to have sex and learns students various fetishes that would be a big no.
    "Alright class, don't forget to study for your test on waifu body pillows and feet."

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "Alright class, don't forget to study for your test on waifu body pillows and feet."
    Ewww, class.

Those that get straight A's go to the honors course to learn BDSM, whipping, sub/dom, and how to properly ask for anal without getting maced.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Daily reminder that abstinence only education doesn't work, as evidenced by the fact that U.S. states that have the most conservative views on sex also have the highest rates of teen pregnancies.
    I did not read anything in the article that said this was about teen pregnancies. With birth rates so low, maybe they want more teen pregnancies.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.