Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    Flying never killed World PvP. Resilience killed World PvP because it turned quick skirmishes into several minute slugfests if someone was geared (boring) and if one person had PvP gear and the other person didn't it was an absolute slaughter.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    [FONT=Arial Black]

Arena becomes the barometer for everything, due to a dumb rating that autistic kids and streamers who helped ruin WoW, can brag about as they run around a pole with a healer in most comps (other than spriest, rogue, mage). Very few comps are viable and the pvp is awful and the makers of the original WoW said arena was a mistake.
    engadget.com/2009/11/13/blizzard-arenas-were-a-mistake/[/url]

I'm so sick of people not reading past the headline and linking that stupid article every time arena is mentioned
    If you read the article the actual quote/interview, he talks about HOW it was implemented was a mistake, not planning or designing it from the beginning of wow's development - which caused the need of various band aid fixes like resilience, let alone class mechanics/balance issues.

Agreed.

TBC was the beginning of the end.

Fuck it.

#NEVERTBC

Calling it now, TBC releases and all the classic servers are absolute ghost towns. Not exactly a bold prediction but its going to be pretty funny.

TBC was a true expansion. It took what was there and expanded upon it. No reinvent the whole game. No systems designed upon systems for systems sake. Just an expansion. I think it's only weakness was it took a massive world and really shrunk it down to the BC area for the most part. Flying at the time was alright because it was limited to BC areas and in those areas you had zones designed to need flying.

What is the point of this Thread anyway? You're starting off with the "I understand why people love TBC" and following it up with a "But," and then lists the reasons why you don't want to let people have what they love because you don't want it? You got Vanilla, now you want more? Vanilla not good enough? You want an entire different, alternate universe?

Vanilla vs TBC comes down to subjective taste, you got what you wanted, you got Vanilla, let TBC players have their TBC servers if it gets to that.

If tbc is so good (it isnt) how come every single private server in past 5 years failed to hold healthy endgame population after 2 months of release?

People try it and realize that tbc is bad and nothing but nostalgia ( and dont say scripting cuz in fact tbc scripting is superior to vanilla servers) while vanilla is popular and people cant stop playing it.
    Except it's dying. People can't stop playing? I couldn't even start, bro.

If tbc is so good (it isnt) how come every single private server in past 5 years failed to hold healthy endgame population after 2 months of release?

People try it and realize that tbc is bad and nothing but nostalgia ( and dont say scripting cuz in fact tbc scripting is superior to vanilla servers) while vanilla is popular and people cant stop playing it.
    Scripting basically. If you actually tried those realm as you seem to imply you would know. There was no tbc project that would even come close to the quality Nost reached. Tens of thousands would gather for every hyped new tbc realm release that promised amazing scripting and would quit in two weeks because it was always shit.
    "I just don't want to pay taxes." - Bobby Kotick

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Except it's dying. People can't stop playing? I couldn't even start, bro.
    It's dying? No it's not. It's in a kind of a stale area were there's not enough to do because BWL and ZG needs to be released. Now people kind of just raid logs or play alts waiting for more to do.

I do hope Blizzard release more content because it's with Darkmoon, ZG and BWL you finally have stuff to do in the game.

Stood in the Fire
    [FONT=Arial Black]
    TLDR. TBC introduced too many catch up systems, flying killed world pvp, arena killed classes being unique and broke all other forums of pvp except 3 v 3, segregation of pve content got out of control eventually and further led to class homogenization, it was the first implemenation of a group finder (no one used it), dailies replaced organic pvp and farming content, old world is now useless.
    so true... damn. and it never stopped after it, everything you said that was set back then, amplified over the years.
    It has gotten worse

IMO Blizzard are the Skeksis. And WoW is their Crystal, which makes us the Resistance.
    But every gaming firm with stocks and shareholder belong to the Skeksis. Twitch is their official propaganda channel.
    They use forums like this and their officials to indoctrinate the vast majority. They tumble down any opinion that is not theirs, by letting different opinions outvote your statement/opinion.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2019-12-30 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Calling it now, TBC releases and all the classic servers are absolute ghost towns. Not exactly a bold prediction but its going to be pretty funny.
    Really, show me one TBC private server that was more popular than a vanilla private server?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Really, show me one TBC private server that was more popular than a vanilla private server?
    Vanilla PvE pservers were far less popular and lively than PvP pservers, too. Yet, Classic PvE servers are alive and well.

Pservers are not representative of what Blizzard official servers look/would look like.

Say no to tbc servers, classic+ is way to go
    Why? I like TBC and if they develop new content, I want that to be for the current game and not an outdated version of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

TBC is a VERY good PVE game and sucks at everything else.
    Nothing else matters. Everything except PvP is PvE and PvP is irrelevant. If you wanna do PvP you can play Classic or BFA, either way you should be well served with one or the other.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    It was the best stage of this game, all round

What does Classic+ entail exactly? You think Blizzard wants to take a risk on having their current devs (that constantly get shit on for "ruining" the retail game) to somehow create content that Classic players find good / acceptable (avoiding a rage fest)? That does not sound very likely.

What does sound likely is Blizzard releasing TBC and WOTLK Classic because it'll require far less effort than Vanilla Classic did and those (especially Wrath) are looked on very fondly by the community. It will be another boost of "free" money to them
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    It's dying? No it's not. It's in a kind of a stale area were there's not enough to do because BWL and ZG needs to be released. Now people kind of just raid logs or play alts waiting for more to do.

I do hope Blizzard release more content because it's with Darkmoon, ZG and BWL you finally have stuff to do in the game.
    Will ZG have a 3 day lockout? I seem to recall it being shorter than other raids. Might remember wrong though..

both the 20 mans reset every 3 days, i think ony has a shorter reset as well isn't it like 4 days.

can only get 4 enchants a week from zg aswell (2 idols per run) when everyone wants at least 2, so thats 80 clears. times that by how many tier sets you want to enchant. t2 + t3, 160 zg clears.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-12-30 at 05:33 PM.

I'm already bored of Classic, gimme TBC servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Scripting basically. If you actually tried those realm as you seem to imply you would know. There was no tbc project that would even come close to the quality Nost reached. Tens of thousands would gather for every hyped new tbc realm release that promised amazing scripting and would quit in two weeks because it was always shit.
    Keep telling yourself that when the TBC private out there is better scripted than any other era of WoW. It's vanilla content is better than vanilla servers and it still can't keep a steady population of end game players. People level, remember TBC sucks and is an endless PVE grind and nothing more and quit.

You classic+ people are hilariouis .

You don't like the direction modern Activision Blizzard has taken the game, so you're playing Classic. You now realize that game has nothing to do, so you want modern Activision Blizzard to make content for Classic?

People are already leaving Classic... the proposal is to split the community further into Classic / TBC servers? Then eventually we'll have "classic" BFA?