Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    So how's your opinion on commies(like your anarchrofacist buddies, sorry "communists" who just happen to take every page out of the handbook for facists and claim they're better because they hit nazis, everyone they disagree with is a nazi BTW) who killed more than double through malice and sheer incompetence?
    You're right, we should not just be anti Nazi, we should include any and all facist groups. We should be anti facist!

Maybe we could abbreviate that or something.....
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

How is it connected to Antifa?
    Killing alliance APES all day on Gehennas

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Okay, so we'll tolerate these people. Maybe let them slither back into the government. Then start legislating . . . and taking control . . . and massacring people.

As they always have in history.
    You don't stop nazis by punching them with a bag in the head, committing assault while at it and becoming a criminal. You stop them by enacting laws to penalize them, even going so far as imprisoning them for their ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You don't stop nazis by punching them with a bag in the head, committing assault while at it and becoming a criminal. You stop them by enacting laws to penalize them, even going so far as imprisoning them for their ideology.
    Except, you know, this specific case where smacking the Nazi was the match that lit the fire of stopping the nazis.

Yeah, remember that time during World Law II, where the allied lobby finally got the majority votes to make Hitler stop being a shit.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Except, you know, this specific case where smacking the Nazi was the match that lit the fire of stopping the nazis.
    Proof of this?

Proof of this?
    The thread you are fucking posting in, right now...
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I literally don't know how people can stamp out Nazis and Nazism without using violence in some form or fashion. Talk them to death?
    Because talking works. Ask Neville Chamberlain.

- - - Updated - - -

Proof of this?
    Western theater of WWII

The Weimar Republic literally failed to do that. They had every legal justification to hand out Capital punishment for the beerhall coup attempt. But they chose to prefer blind to the right, like they did in the previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because talking works. Ask Neville Chamberlain.

- - - Updated - - -

Western theater of WWII
    Funnily enough for Freighter, to enact and uphold those laws he mentioned and put Nazis into prison requires violence.

Unless he thinks we can just talk Nazis into walking into their cells.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Proof of this?
    To be fair, it didn't fully stop the Nazis, because Sweden still has a massive nazi problem. But it essentially signaled the beginning of the antifascist movement in Sweden, and that's had huge results.

And ironically, just like this thread, Nazis all over sweden cried about the "violence" of being smacked by a handbag. But given that the Nordich Reich party eventually collapsed, it's safe to say confronting Nazis has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The thread you are fucking posting in, right now...
    Uh, what? You're aware that just because a thread exists on a forum, that's not proof of a claim?

- - - Updated - - -

Funnily enough for Freighter, to enact and uphold those laws he mentioned and put Nazis into prison requires violence.

Unless he thinks we can just talk Nazis into walking into their cells.
    By the government, yes. Not random people. Assaulting people you think are fascists/nazis on the street because you don't like them is just criminal behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, it didn't fully stop the Nazis, because Sweden still has a massive nazi problem. But it essentially signaled the beginning of the antifascist movement in Sweden, and that's had huge results.

And ironically, just like this thread, Nazis all over sweden cried about the "violence" of being smacked by a handbag. But given that the Nordich Reich party eventually collapsed, it's safe to say confronting Nazis has worked.
    They haven't made it a criminal act to be a part of a nazi group/movement and come after them for it, so they're not really trying to stop it. The collapse seems more related to lack of interest rather than people punching them. Punching someone wouldn't stop someone that is ideologically motivated.

Upon further reading about nazis in Sweden;

Party of the Swedes (Swedish: Svenskarnas parti, SvP) was a neo-Nazi[1][2][3][4] political party in Sweden. The party described itself as nationalist and sought to limit Swedish citizenship only to individuals who belong to the "Western genetic and cultural legacy".[5] From 2013 to 2015 the party leader was Stefan Jacobsson. The party dissolved on 10 May 2015 due to lack of members.[6]

In the 2014 general election the party polled 0.07% with 4,189 votes. The decision to disband came seven months later.

I really think it's more related to lack of interest rather than violence unto them that they're not growing. Labeling it a massive nazi problem seems very hyperbolic when you look at the lack of support for such a party.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-10-22 at 03:11 PM.

And ironically, just like this thread, Nazis all over sweden cried about the "violence" of being smacked by a handbag.
    All over the world really.

And there are actually people who buy that "violence doesn't beget violence" bullshit, who are worse than the Nazis themselves in some aspects.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

As far as I know, in civilized countries the State has the monopoly on violence. Antifa hiting fascists, fascists hiting antifa, it's all the same to me: send the riot police, throw the gas, and put the scum in the police vans.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    As far as I know, in civilized countries the State has the monopoly on violence. Antifa hiting fascists, fascists hiting antifa, it's all the same to me: send the riot police, throw the gas, and put the scum in the police vans.
    Yep, that's why anyone should not be fine with it.

I prefer a more democratic ownership of violence.

I literally don't know how people can stamp out Nazis and Nazism without using violence in some form or fashion. Talk them to death?
    Naw talking to them doesn't work.

Mostly since people who control the terms of debate will infract or shut you down for verbally confronting the Nazis.

Telling the truth about white supremacy nazism is the height of incivility these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I prefer a more democratic ownership of violence.
    Welcome to the jungle, then.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Why would anyone even think that's a good idea?
    Why am I not surprised that you would disapprove of an anti-neo-nazi statue... why does this not fucking surprise me in the fucking least?
    -snip-
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-22 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Edit: You can PM a moderator to discuss an infraction.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Welcome to the jungle, then.
    The whole world is a jungle then, and so your witty comeback loses any real significance.