Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

3 way marriage (Specifically)

Could or Would you do it?

Yes I could, no I wouldn't

If so why or why not?

Because in my view committing that kind of romantic love and dedication is cheapened when it is spread out that way. I am not saying there has to be ultimate sacrifices all the time, but there needs to be some commitment.

Meaning just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

What would be the pros and cons specifically of a 3 way marriage?

Pros:

Easier on finances to have two working parents and one home maker

Cons:

If one of the 3 isn't pulling their weight it could lead to more constrained circumstances.

Time management could be an issue.

Health Insurance could be through the roof

And do you Support Multiple marriages?

In theory Yes, in practice No, not unless it is for the purposes of rearing children
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-10-21 at 09:10 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

People can do whatever the fuck they want imo but I wouldn't do it, I don't need 2 people pissed off at me all the time.

Yeap, count me in
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post

Yeap, count me in
    This is about marriage, not a sleeping arrangement.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as A> there is one "marriage", with more than 2 members, not one guy with multiple separate marriages (for instance), and B> all parties in an existing marriage must be consenting to the inclusion of this new member, sure.

Nearly all of those who want these don't want those there, though. They want men to have multiple separate marriages to various wives, who have no connection other than the shared husband. If there's a marriage of two women and a man, for instance, the two women should be able to divorce the man, kicking him out of the marriage, while remaining married to each other by default.

I don't have much desire for multiple partners, but as long as everyone's rights are protected and equal and it's not set up in a predatory manner, I honestly don't see the grounds for government interference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As long as A> there is one "marriage", with more than 2 members, not one guy with multiple separate marriages (for instance), and B> all parties in an existing marriage must be consenting to the inclusion of this new member, sure.

Nearly all of those who want these don't want those there, though. They want men to have multiple separate marriages to various wives, who have no connection other than the shared husband. If there's a marriage of two women and a man, for instance, the two women should be able to divorce the man, kicking him out of the marriage, while remaining married to each other by default.

I don't have much desire for multiple partners, but as long as everyone's rights are protected and equal and it's not set up in a predatory manner, I honestly don't see the grounds for government interference.
    Yeah, I understand what you mean completely which is why I specifically put 3 way marriage, to set it apart, both are polyamory but I am trying to simply ask about convention of the issue.

I think the big issue for me is going to come in regards to benefits, if it's for raising a family I am more open to it in general. Otherwise, I am not a fan of legislating a relationship or relationships specifically outside of that.

Mostly for the hell that already exist for marriage and divorce, and many of the points you highlighted.

However the family above seem pretty happy and functional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah, I understand what you mean completely which is why I specifically put 3 way marriage, to set it apart, both are polyamory but I am trying to simply ask about convention of the issue.

I think the big issue for me is going to come in regards to benefits, if it's for raising a family I am more open to it in general. Otherwise, I am not a fan of legislating a relationship or relationships specifically outside of that.

Mostly for the hell that already exist for marriage and divorce, and many of the points you highlighted.
    Dealing with the legalities is honestly dead simple. It's not much different than multi-member partnerships. They're all shared owners in the martial belongings, if anyone leaves the three-party marriage they're entitled to 1/3 of those, and a comparable portion in alimony. If you can understand how dividing by numbers other than 2 works, it's not that complicated.

With issues like end-of-life decisions, like parenting decisions, any martial partner could make that decision without needing both. Again; it's pretty much already got precedent in childcare.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post

Yeap, count me in
    You know you can have threesomes without marrying the people involved, right?
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-10-21 at 09:34 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Why is it always a man with two wives? Gimme two husbands anytime! Preferably bisexuals, makes the sex arrangement a lot better. And they can go work, I’ll be the housewive. No kids though, I don’t like those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Dealing with the legalities is honestly dead simple. It's not much different than multi-member partnerships. They're all shared owners in the martial belongings, if anyone leaves the three-party marriage they're entitled to 1/3 of those, and a comparable portion in alimony. If you can understand how dividing by numbers other than 2 works, it's not that complicated.

With issues like end-of-life decisions, like parenting decisions, any martial partner could make that decision without needing both. Again; it's pretty much already got precedent in childcare.
    what about fault no fault divorce, or prenups, I recognize you are in Canada too and there are some difference between the U.S, Canada and even some of States of the American Union.

But yeah, what happens when things don't work out and then what, how about custody of children for example, who then is obligated to what?

I think the way the laws exist now it is somewhat of a nightmare especially if you have assets. Can't imagine 3 people. Again I am talking about in terms of reality here marriage.

Personally it something I think you really have to be sure of, and even then it takes mind to say I do. I am in love with my fiancee and I am sure about us, but that takes a lot of foundation building, experience and eventually trust.

Mankind is pretty much split 50/50 fe/male. If you have a society with a lot of the same 3 way marriage, eg male/female/female, there will be a lot of males not able to find a marriage.

7+ Year Old Account
    No.

If so why or why not?
    Marriage is a dated and irrational concept.

Pros: There are no true benefits to marriage that one can't get without being married.

Cons: Legal nightmare.

I don't give a shit what people do in their personal lives, but the family court system is already fucked up enough. We don't need idiots who think it's a good idea to marry two people bogging it down further. TL;DR: Remove government from marriage and sure. Otherwise, fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Mankind is pretty much split 50/50 fe/male. If you have a society with a lot of the same 3 way marriage, eg male/female/female, there will be a lot of males not able to find a marriage.
    Gender balance is effectively irrelevant when you've got one gender being glorified to excess while on the other hand, you have a bunch of self-proclaimed "victims" who think they're entitled to "love" (incels).
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-10-21 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that isn't a problem we have now, so I don't see it happening in the future. I know that is a common myth that some how men typically don't have access to women is an issue, but it isn't.

Is there enough access to Victoria Secret Models? Yeah probably

Is there a lack of access for everyone to find someone to love? NO

People have just gotten it in their mind a very warped understanding of what LOVE actually looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Why is it always a man with two wives? Gimme two husbands anytime! Preferably bisexuals, makes the sex arrangement a lot better. And they can go work, I’ll be the housewive. No kids though, I don’t like those.
    Yeah, the OT could go any combination, however the constraints and benefits are about the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about fault no fault divorce, or prenups, I recognize you are in Canada too and there are some difference between the U.S, Canada and even some of States of the American Union.
    Why would they change at all? No fault divorced just mean equal splits and, in some jurisdictions, a waiting period.

yeah, what happens when things don't work out and then what, how about custody of children for example, who then is obligated to what?
    You're all parents. Divorce changes nothing.

You're assuming they'd all be MFF, and there's no reason to assume that.

7+ Year Old Account
    People have just gotten it in their mind a very warped understanding of what LOVE actually looks like.
    I'm going to agree with you on this, but only because it's how "love" is portrayed in movies, etc, that's actually wrong. "True love", "soul mates", etc, are all bullshit concepts.

Only if it's in that specific male.female/female arrangement. There's also the male/male/female arrangement.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nope.
    If so why or why not?
    I prefer monogamy. I am not interested in having more than one partner and I would like to be with someone who is the same.
    Pros: Finances and child rearing would be either ideal (if everyone had a job) or a nightmare (if everyone was dependent on one person).
    Cons: The additional commitments and added emotional strain. More people = more responsibility.
    This question is a bit weird. Polyamory as sold today is something I don't believe in, because it's marketed as some idealistic solution for those who struggle with monogamy. Tax and legal-wise, it could get messy and just considering a 3-way child custody battle is a headache. If I had to ask my base principles on marriage, I would say: I don't have an issue with it. If I added my own doubts: I wouldn't support it. But ultimately, it's something I wouldn't bother fighting against if people wanted it.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    'Three way' marriages are usually 2 people married to the same person rather than an equal 3 way. Whatever as long as people consent, I guess. Doesnt mean a thing to me.

I'm a monogamous. Don't shame my views and I won't shame yours.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You seem to do just fine here :P
    I chortled.