Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean in reality it is Azeroth herself using us as a vessel to destroy him. Seems fitting the one hes been leeching off of for so long is the one to finish him.

every old god was killed in a patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthisreal View Post
    So you are telling me that this boss was hyped since Cata and the ending we are getting is thrall dragonsoul 2.0, this is terrible writing.
    Because this thought-provoking, original, and interesting™ opinion totally needed its own topic. As opposed to one of the other several topics other people have already made about the cinematic.

/s
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Do we really need third thread about the same thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Do we really need third thread about the same thing?
    No, we didn't, but people around here seem to think that their opinions are unique beacons of sparkling insight that should have their own spotlight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Logic, facts and reason have no place here!

Signed,

The MMO forums
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because this thought-provoking, original, and interesting™ opinion totally needed its own topic. As opposed to one of the other several topics other people have already made about the cinematic.

/s
    oh cmon, give the guy some credit - he made a whole throwaway account just to push this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Already a thread on this we don't need two.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...er-(cinematic)

I mean it's shit but so was just about every other WoW x-pack ending except for WotLK and MoP

Logic, facts and reason have no place here!

Signed,

The MMO forums
    Logic, facts and reason would require to add that no Old God before N’zoth ever was free and had his full powers.

You and the other poster chose to left it out which shows a lack of logic, facts and reason.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As stated above, this is a work in progress, and there's an encrypted cutscene after. Which means we know nothing except that we're going to fight N'zoth. We don't even know if we win or lose or something else happens. My money is on the latter. There's also some major weirdness with N'zoth himself and his model going on.

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Magni: Omae wa mou shindeiru
    N'zoth: Nani?

Funny.

I saw the cinematic as this:

Kame...HAME...HA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Logic, facts and reason would require to add that no Old God before N’zoth ever was free and had his full powers.

You and the other poster chose to left it out which shows a lack of logic, facts and reason.
    The, repeatedly stated, weakest Old God.

Furthermore one whose shadow was cast over the entire expansion thusfar. Outside of the Faction War, the 2nd story of BfA has been "N'zoth is rising." Which is not the case of C'thun or Yogg Saron.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They're gods, we have no idea how their mortality works
    They are not gods first of all. Chronicle told us exactly what they are. They're essentially parasitic sperm from the void lords. They're about as much gods as the Keepers are.

Secondly, we do know exactly the mortality of them because the true "gods" of this universe, the writers, confirmed they are in fact dead dead dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Wrathion takes it, from what I heard.
    Interesting. I wonder what purpose it'll now have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Ummm Yogg's chains were CLEARLY broken that looked the same as the ones on Nzoth AND he controlled all of his jailers. Cthun was also possibly freed since the original war against the Qiraji.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    As stated above, this is a work in progress, and there's an encrypted cutscene after. Which means we know nothing except that we're going to fight N'zoth. We don't even know if we win or lose or something else happens. My money is on the latter. There's also some major weirdness with N'zoth himself and his model going on.
    We know we win because there is datamined text for post raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenor View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what purpose it'll now have.
    Probably so Wrathion can re-empower the dragon flights? Or maybe he is super corrupted? Father like son? Or it will just be an opened ended mystery that future story tellers can develop?

Probably so Wrathion can re-empower the dragon flights? Or maybe he is super corrupted? Father like son? Or it will just be an opened ended mystery that future story tellers can develop?
    Probably the latter

Thank you. They can still surprise us and Legion was a great reminder of that.

I really hope there's more to this than just.. going super-saiyan on him. I was already disappointed with the Azshara raid/cinematic, damn it.
    Plot twist: Blizzard intentionally released this "leak" to screw with out expectations and give us something truly phenomenal... (or even exceptionally average, and feel phenomenal in comparison)

I can dream, right?

But at any rate, I know WoW's team is capable of better than this hot garbage. Even if BFA has been a bad expansion in terms of story overall, this is absolute bottom of the barrel quality story.

I'd rather our fight with N'zoth show him that he cannot control us, and instead of trying to control us, he try to kill us in desperation in the end. That our sheer will is what saves us, not "lol imachargin up mah azerite lazer, gg Nzoth".

I'd love to see assistance in the fight and in N'zoth's demise, but I'd rather see that from Azeroth directly ("Don't give up!") rather than from Magni's laser beam that saves us because we're too weak and helpless to fight on our own.

This feels just as bad as when Thrall had to save us from mean ole Gary Hellwhimper in WoD Nagrand and his super punch attack. Shit writing that makes us feel like shit heroes.

...But this is enough of a rant for one post. I'm hoping it's not this bad. Surely Blizzard won't write something this bad.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what Warcraft has always been.
    No, no it has not. Warcraft has always been hovering between average and below average. This is bottom of the barrel, some of the worst garbage I've ever seen in Warcraft... and that's saying something, given that WoW has had some incredibly lows in the past.

Probably so Wrathion can re-empower the dragon flights? Or maybe he is super corrupted? Father like son? [B]Or it will just be an opened ended mystery that future story tellers can develop?[/B]
    They named him Wrathion. If he was named Hugsion I would understand. :P

This isn't the issue at all. It's the end that's ruining it, not the fact "we killed N'zoth in a patch." That said, if you think they are not rushing the story for the final boss of the expansion, with all due respect... you are pretty biased here. We barely even met N'zoth and suddenly he's both the big bad of the expansion and dying to Azerite lazer beam of autowin. So why didn't we just fire this auto-win lazer at the start of the expansion and save ourselves the trouble?

Hell, you know the entire raid is going to be cringeworthy when the first boss is Wrathion, where "nothing he did mattered, he was still ultimately taken over by N'zoth, gg", and the description of the raid is "You need to save the universe". Like, they aren't even being subtle about this anymore.