Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Outside of the fact that the horrific visions seem 100% like MAU fodder, the actual threat of N'zoth feels very real from what little I've done on the PTR, and Ny'alotha looks pretty freaking rad.

It doesn't feel like C'thun where we beat him and then we all go, "Wait? That was a super dangerous threat to the planet?" or Yogg Saron, where they had to retcon him into being more important in Chronicle, a decade after we killed him in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No, the way he was amused during the DK questline, esepcially the utterly pointless mount section, and the fact that many of the things absolutely DID NOT need to be done (Tirion -> eh Darion will do) is proof that he is "evil". He is not villain territory but his aliignment is certainly on the bottom of the chart.
    he didn't tell you to go and kill all the dragons of the sanctum. he told you to go get information.

he's hard, but i don't see him as evil. i also don't see it as evil to try to raise tirion, the corruption of a being like tirion would have made a death knight that was probably stronger than the deathlord, a weapon to turn on the legion. it's bad, but desperate times and desperate measures.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Haven't watched it yet but if we use the HoA to stop N'Zoth then that lends only more credibility to @razorpax's leak. He said we'd find the true purpose of the necklace in 8.3.

EDIT: Just watched it. For an in-game cutscene, that actually looked pretty cool if you ask me. So it seems like we seal N'Zoth in the Heart Chamber?
    Yup, his information seems legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    All old gods have been dealt with in a single patch. N'zoth at least had presence and build up throughout the entire BfA expansion.

I don't know why anyone tricked themselves into thinking otherwise.
    nzoth was blizzards first expansion endboss that had nothing to do with warcraft 3. no legion, no scouge, no son of hellscream. i remember the first time going through dragon soul and the npc dialogue from i think the big faceless boss about nzoth and being super excited to see his full expansion one day. not a crummy patch at the end of a crummy expac.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he didn't tell you to go and kill all the dragons of the sanctum. he told you to go get information.

he's hard, but i don't see him as evil. i also don't see it as evil to try to raise tirion, the corruption of a being like tirion would have made a death knight that was probably stronger than the deathlord, a weapon to turn on the legion. it's bad, but desperate times and desperate measures.
    By going in guns blazing into an allied faction's head quarters and slaughtering our way through it? Yes, these are the big brain plays that absolutely needed to be done.. he probably still plays a round of 4D chess with Sylvanas on sundays during tea time.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    nzoth was blizzards first expansion endboss that had nothing to do with warcraft 3. no legion, no scouge, no son of hellscream. i remember the first time going through dragon soul and the npc dialogue from i think the big faceless boss about nzoth and being super excited to see his full expansion one day. not a crummy patch at the end of a crummy expac.
    Did you just expect the endboss foreshadowed since launch to not be defeated by the end of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'm confused only about one thing; why is Azeroth no longer in pain? as far as I know, it was the wound causing her pain, not the old god shenanigans. At least not them alone.

On Nzoth's death, I'm fine with it. We killed every other old god when it showed up, and we have known for quite a few years now that the old gods are nothing more than some parasites thrown around by the void lords, so idk why it is still necessary to be bewildered that they are not as OP as they were hyped up to be... During wotlk when we killed one?
    Because wounds of the flesh are of no consequence, but you've mended the festering wound that tore on her precious soul. Azeroth is a free elf planet!

I think I just threw up a bit... maybe we remove the blade befor that...

10+ Year Old Account
    All those Old God speculators BTFO.

Uhmm... I really hope they work that cinematic... N'zoth does not even react to the giant laser beam. Even Fortnite got better animations when it comes to giant beasts and terrain changes.

Or maybe Blizzard just got all the budget cut because the expansion failed from the start and the art team is doing what they can.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Uhmm... I really hope they work that cinematic... N'zoth does not even react to the giant laser beam. Even Fortnite got better animations when it comes to giant beasts and terrain changes.

Or maybe Blizzard just got all the budget cut because the expansion failed from the start and the art team is doing what they can.
    The in-game cutscene fading to black right after the Reorigination Beam hits him implies there's definitely going to be a cinematic that plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to mention, I feel like the fact this wasn't encrypted at all is curious. Starting to feel like this is misdirection.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Forgot to mention, I feel like the fact this wasn't encrypted at all is curious. Starting to feel like this is misdirection.
    There's people every cycle that call stuff out as misdirection. They're wrong every time.

Most likely the reason this wasn't encrypted is this isn't the juicy part. I mean unless you honestly thought N'Zoth was going to win in which case sorry your fan theory is busted.

The juicy part is gonna be after that fade out when we go into a normal ending cinematic. You know the kind. The gussied up kind like Sargeras got.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Realy realy bad... are we done with the kamehameha shit ee also had at the end of legion.. with our weapons.

Instead of some cool moment were people fighting .. no we got our op artigact to beam on nzoth and win the day.

Not interesting at all.

- - - Updated - - -

How can this be made better?
    A basic campfire could light up and save Azeroth. I mean frankly literally anything would improve this, but the level at which it is forcing cliches is insane.

Perhaps making it so there isn't a magic weapon that blasts the old god into fairy dust out of nowhere would be a good start. Making it so the old god is defeated through sheer will instead of 'lolheartofazerothrainbowbeam'.

I mean I literally don't think I could have imagined a cheesier end to BFA than this. I'm not sure it's possible. Blizzard pushed every cliche they could and packed into one overexaggerated mess of an ending. It's almost as bad as WoD's ending, and that's one heck of a feat.

i bet the cinematic that plays involves sylvannas after fade to black
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I thought if you kill, killed that it meant it would harm Azeroth directly since they cannot simply be removed from Azeroth. Or was that retconned? Because I vaguely remember that the Titans had to lock the old gods away because they couldn't simply kill them without harming Azeroth as a result.
    i think its more like the Titans cannot kill the Old Gods without destroying the planet. However, WE can because we're tiny. Its like performing surgery with an axe vs a scalpel.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    A basic campfire could light up and save Azeroth. I mean frankly literally anything would improve this, but the level at which it is forcing cliches is insane.

Perhaps making it so there isn't a magic weapon that blasts the old god into fairy dust out of nowhere would be a good start. Making it so the old god is defeated through sheer will instead of 'lolheartofazerothrainbowbeam'.

I mean I literally don't think I could have imagined a cheesier end to BFA than this. I'm not sure it's possible. Blizzard pushed every cliche they could and packed into one overexaggerated mess of an ending. It's almost as bad as WoD's ending, and that's one heck of a feat.
    I'm conflicted about the fact we're channeling that beam through our Heart of Azeroth.

On the one hand I'm worried this ends up in "Shadowlands was right all along and the beam kills us."

On the other hand I want the beam to reoriginate us back to Classic power levels.

On a third hand I just now grew (knew living in this toxic waste dump was a mistake :P ) they could use this as an excuse to turn us into a Titan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I donno why people keep expecting some massive twists in Warcraft. The series has always been basically a 12 year old comic book nerd's cliched fantasy.

Good guys beat bad guys, often with cool laser or magic powers.
    Probably because Legion had a few twists that broke our expectations, like everything involving Illidan and Xera. Frankly I was starting to gain a little faith in WoW's lore team and then they churn this mess out. I mean this is about on par with a teenager's fanfiction, not a professionally written story. This is an atrocity.

Someone at Blizzard was really impressed by the FFXIV Shadowbringers final boss defeat cutscene.

Warning, spoilers obviously.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vanNDeedNrY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's people every cycle that call stuff out as misdirection. They're wrong every time.

Most likely the reason this wasn't encrypted is this isn't the juicy part. I mean unless you honestly thought N'Zoth was going to win in which case sorry your fan theory is busted.

The juicy part is gonna be after that fade out when we go into a normal ending cinematic. You know the kind. The gussied up kind like Sargeras got.
    Didn't think he would win, no, but I expected he would survive into 9.0/whatever's next. Doesn't feel like the kind of thing we'd take out in one raid, I guess.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post

We better not kill him or this better be part of his plan for all the build up. This would be a cop out
    For those wondering that area mother and magni in are not the heart chamber, its the chamber of origination in uldumn, and that big beam is the beam of origination, what once was made to wipe all life out on azeroth, used to decimate nzoth.