1. #1

    Classic Diablo in the works?

    Isn't this supposed to be announced at Blizzcon this year?
    I know they did classic WoW...but a classic Diablo?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    624
    you can still play it

    i think it was a remastered diablo 2, as a lot of people play a modded version with better graphics.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    you can still play it
    Oh. Thanks.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  4. #4
    "Classic" Diablo is the wrong term, since contrary to Classic WoW, they would actually modernize it.
    They have already done this with Starcraft 1, and WC3 (which is going to be released soon), so its not unimaginable that Diablo 2 might be next.

    "Classic Diablo 2" is just Diablo 2, and its still playable even today, since they never took down the old Battle.Net.

  5. #5
    Diablo 1 sucks a lot compared to 2...

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Epic! Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    https://www.gog.com/game/diablo

    You can buy it on GOG.
    I'm kinda thinking about this because I never got to play the Hellfire expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm kinda thinking about this because I never got to play the Hellfire expansion.
    Diablo 1 is pretty awful tbh. I am not stopping you to buy it, but if you do be prepared to be disappointed.

  9. #9
    Epic! Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Diablo 1 is pretty awful tbh. I am not stopping you to buy it, but if you do be prepared to be disappointed.
    I'll have to disagree with you there because I played the shit out of Diablo 1 and actually enjoyed it more than the other Diablo games. I actually still have my Diablo game CD and everything. Just that the bundle linked in that previous post comes with Hellfire, and I never got around to trying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you there because I played the shit out of Diablo 1 and actually enjoyed it more than the other Diablo games. I actually still have my Diablo game CD and everything. Just that the bundle linked in that previous post comes with Hellfire, and I never got around to trying that.
    When it came I loved it too but it hasn’t aged well imo.

    But opinions right....

  11. #11
    Epic! Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    When it came I loved it too but it hasn’t aged well imo.

    But opinions right....
    I can't really explain why, but I think I just liked the smaller scale of D1 as compared to the other Diablo games. Your main hub was this tiny village, the important characters (aside from some villains who were revealed the further down you got) stayed the same throughout, and the questing you did was just going deeper into the levels below the cathedral. At that point, we weren't traveling the world or anything.

    Nothing against D2 (I think it was amazing, definitely in my all-time top 10-15 list), and D3 at least kept me entertained for a while, but I dunno. D1 just appealed to me more than the other two games, for some reason. And as mentioned, I think the smaller scale was what did that for me.

    At the point of D1, you weren't really aware that you were fighting in this grand-scale battle between Heaven and Hell yet. You were just this stranger who came across a village with people who were to pay or otherwise reward you because they had some creepy/weird shit going on and needed it dealt with. Things felt very different when I played D1 at the time, without knowing if D2 or D3 would even be a thing.

    But yeah, my opinion on D1 does seem to be a minority, at least among my friends and nearly everyone who has discussed Diablo with me. D2 seems to be the general favorite.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2019-10-22 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •