API for Character List in wow classic

Hi,
    is there some API to pull character list and their guild from a server? I want to do a spreadsheet with guild members and i'm too lazy to do it by hand. Updating this kind of a list would be awful by hand too.

I'm sorry if this thread have already been answered somewhere on forums, but i'm unable to find any info on this topic or mby i'm just blind or stupid :-D.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about Lua API, then yes, there's API that's used by Blizzard UI. You call GuildRoster(), then listen for GUILD_ROSTER_UPDATE event. You iterate from 1 to GetNumGuildMembers() and call GetGuildRosterInfo(index) for every player. You can skip part with GuildRoster by opening guild window manually.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-10-22 at 12:28 PM.

Hi,
    thank you for fast reply. Unfortunately i meant REST API so i can fetch data to my Google spreadsheet. I've never done anything in Lua at all, so i don't think i could do it via script/addon myself to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not aware of any web API. There was an undocumented way to get roster via URL like https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/gu...-tribe/myguild but it was disabled few weeks ago.

Afaik there is no armory (aka REST API) for classic like there is for retail.

Original vanilla did not have it iirc (please correct me with source if you can) so I doubt it will be added.

If you need to get data for your guild, you can try to find addon that allows exporting data to CSV from the guild roster via the in game API.
    And then import said data to google spreadsheet. You can look up how tradeskillmasters does the export/import. Iirc they also use external app as well to upload the data somewhere or something, long time since I used that.

I can't point you to any addon that can generate you the CSV. Might be that you need to code your own.

For server wide player- / guildbase I doupt there is any way to do it.
    Maybe some sort of modification of Cencus, change it to scan based on guild and aggregate the data?

Thank you for the info.