Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Expect quite a few different talents when he goes on the PTR later today.

Well, unlocking stuff on the PTR is currently not available. So no Deathwing yet! I'll get the talents in the OP updated as soon as the PTR starts cooperating.

- - - Updated - - -

Talents and abilities are now up to date.

Will replay hots for this =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to trying Deathwing. Also, Kevin is back YAY!
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how terrible Cho'Gall turned out, I am significantly concerned about Deathwing.

The Cloaken voiceover was pretty nice, definitely leagues better than the Qhira one, where they just played her voicelines.

I actually went ahead and unlocked Deathwing on the PTR, which I've never done with a hero before. I then took him into an AI game and ended up doing 130k hero damage in 17 minutes.

Granted, it was an AI game but still. His team fighting potential worries me a lot. But I'll reserve final judgment until I see how actual players work to counter him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I actually went ahead and unlocked Deathwing on the PTR, which I've never done with a hero before. I then took him into an AI game and ended up doing 130k hero damage in 17 minutes.

Granted, it was an AI game but still. His team fighting potential worries me a lot. But I'll reserve final judgment until I see how actual players work to counter him.
    Wouldn't it follow that percentile based damage just chunks the hell out of him? I'm curious how often he can fly up to heal and such, but it feels like a lot of damage should be able to wreck him pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Wouldn't it follow that percentile based damage just chunks the hell out of him? I'm curious how often he can fly up to heal and such, but it feels like a lot of damage should be able to wreck him pretty hard.
    Yes, it should. But you can talent around some of it, including cooldown reduction on Dragonflight so you can top yourself off more often.We'll see how effective it all is next week! I won't be playing him at first though, not gonna sit through the massive wait time with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's gonna be a QM god

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    He's gonna be a QM god
    I see him either as somebody who carries the entire team or whose horrible plays automatically lose the game.

- - - Updated - - -

So Deathwing is on the PTR now, yeah? That means next Tuesday he's going live? Or are we going to continue with their weird "long break between announcement and PTR" by making the PTR for him take longer?
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-11-27 at 12:48 PM.

I see him either as somebody who carries the entire team or whose horrible plays automatically lose the game.

- - - Updated - - -

So Deathwing is on the PTR now, yeah? That means next Tuesday he's going live? Or are we going to continue with their weird "long break between announcement and PTR" by making the PTR for him take longer?
    The PTR ends on December 2nd, which is on Monday. I think it's safe to say he lands on live servers on Tuesday/Wednesday (EU).

10+ Year Old Account
    20K gold for DW? That's interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's definitely a mainly Hero Damage character.

-His ability to wave clear, as well as take merc camps is laughably terrible. You can do significantly
    better with heroes who are best known for those roles far better.

-All his moves have build up. You either need to be very good at predicting opponent moves,
    or he really needs to be paired with heroes that have a lot of CC, specifically roots and slows.
    Not everyone is going to work well with him.

-This guy will forever be banned in Ranked play. Move over Kael'Thas, there's a new bench
    warmer in The Nexus.

Basically my experience thus far. One of those heroes that can just hardcore ruin your game if the person playing it is bad.

Also, great idea adding a hero into a team game that doesn't interact with the team and is also gigantic as fuck.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

They really messed him up I think. He has 2 "forms" that doesnt change how he looks just his abilities. I think one should have been his ranged Dragonform, and the other his melee human form. But I also think he should have just been a shadow in the air bombarding the ground and only land for his ultimate which could be one of his 2 forms.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    His hardest counter imo is Mal'Ganis. Dark Conversion does a metric ton of damage to him.

We were playing QM yesterday, went with Leoric and Artanis. Leoric seemed good against him until 16 then Artanis with Titan blades just destroys him. Like I was basically chasing him down and killing him with ease. I tried Maltheal but it wasn't as effective and our deathwing was doing great against Maltheal as well. I was a little surprised but it is QM.

i'm having a great fun as illidan against new deathwing players in QM
    really feels like one of characters is a boss from WoW, they nailed it in my opinion

didnt get to play him, though
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz