Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lol, most of "bad/good" is subjective, people saying legion was bad... Legion is what saved wow after wod. And had great bosses through the whole legion, characters that actually meant something in wow and a theme that i can't myself stop loving and content that even today i go back and had amazing time in it. Sure, as i said it's subjective for ones was the bad, for me it was my second favorite expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Hahaha exactly, it's so subjective.
    O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Cata was better than Wrath, honestly.
    Not even close.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol, Wrath of the Lich King was not even decent, not talking about "good".

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    I liked Cataclysm, Warlords of Draenor and Battle For Azeroth.
    I typed up this massive post trying to explain why at least WoD and BFA were awful but.. I realized there is just no point. Some people can't be reasoned with. I will say that WoD had awful content and that The Azerite system put in place to replace artifacts was/is awful. And those are just a few of the many issues with them. It's okay to be a Blizzard fan and see that they're not perfect.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I typed up this massive post trying to explain why at least WoD and BFA were awful but.. I realized there is just no point. Some people can't be reasoned with.
    This is incredibly arrogant. It is not a matter of reason, but a matter of personal preference. This is a game. Every expansion has its own art, story, characters, zones, dungeons and raids. I've liked and disliked things from every expansion. And Caraclysm, WoD and BFA, despite some shortcomings, still had a lot of great things and were a lot of fun to me. A "bad WoW expansion" is still something that provides thousands of hours of great entertainment. Nobody can say that these expansions weren't worth their money, for all the entertainment they provided. Even if you didn't love them, they could not have possibly been that bad to you, that you didn't at least get many hours of fun out of them. Yes there have been some issues with quality here and there, but people like you exaggerate dramatically.

This would imply that TBC was bad and therefor this thread is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Legion = Trash

I don't get why people enjoyed this pile of sshhh.
    That's fine but to hate legion and live bfa is weird.

Lol at the flat Earth thing

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Oh yay, more of A/B team conspiracy shit

This is basically the flat-earth theory of WoW
    They explicitly stated that’s how they operate.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No there is no such thing. Majority you mean vocal forum minority. Not even blizzard knows what majority thinks as they haven't send out appropriate poll asking what they think about all these expansions.
    So in other words
    The general consensus of the only sample size we have.

Ok.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    So in other words
    The general consensus of the only sample size we have.

Ok.
    So in other words it's not general consensus, it's just a vocal minority screeching.

Blizzard is running out of ideas, they are creatively tapped. WoW's engine is growing too old. There is not much life left in this game and the lore was ruined.

They will have to start fresh soon. The fanbase is enraged.

I really liked WoD because I didn't feel compelled to do anything tedious outside of raiding just so I can raid. I like raiding. I used to be ok with grinding to do it, I'm too old for that shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Expansion Rating
    Wrath of the Lich King GOOD
    Cataclysm BAD
    Mists of Pandaria GOOD
    Warlords of Draenor BAD
    Legion GOOD
    Battle for Azeroth BAD
    ____________ BAD

Conveniently left of BC so you wouldnt have GOOD, GOOD?

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Expansion Rating
    Wrath of the Lich King GOOD
    Cataclysm BAD
    Mists of Pandaria GOOD
    Warlords of Draenor BAD
    Legion GOOD
    Battle for Azeroth BAD
    ____________ BAD

The thing I don't understand about humanity's interaction with the Internet: it is easier than ever to find out what is true and what is false, and yet people choose to be ignorant so they can keep spewing this inane drivel. I just don't get the appeal.

Legion - Ultra garbage
    I'm still seriously confused by people who have such strong negative feelings about Legion. I felt like it was the best expansion so far, by a long shot, and I had a blast playing with my guildmates from start to finish. What specifically did you find so distasteful about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Blizzard is running out of ideas, they are creatively tapped. WoW's engine is growing too old. There is not much life left in this game and the lore was ruined.

They will have to start fresh soon. The fanbase is enraged.
    You sound like one of Donald Trump's tweets.
    Last edited by Tolfor; 2019-10-25 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Except it doesn't even work for two important reasons:

a) BC is missing from the OP list and it is considered GOOD
    b) The whole black and white is missing a lot of context

Try rating them out of 5 stars, and even if you don't agree with my ratings, you'll see it doesn't work in general:

BC - 5
    Wrath - 4.5
    Cata - 3
    MoP - 3.5
    WoD - 1
    Legion 3
    BfA - 1

It is more likely that, unless Blizz decides to get serious about WoW again and actually invest in it, that the next expansion will be a 2 or so (which, like Legion, will feel more like a 4 to those who can't remember more than a week ago because BfA and WoD were dumpster fires).
    Your ranking isn't too bad my would be a little different, for me it's.

BC - 4
    Wrath -5
    Cata - 3
    MoP - 5
    WoD - 1
    Legion 4
    BfA - 2

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP - OK
    WoD - Mediocre
    Legion - Ultra garbage
    BfA - Good

There is no cycle.
    Sorry but... what??!?
    Do you play the same game?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If you don't think WoD was the worst expansion your opinion is useless and can be discarded into the dumpster where it belongs. All of the other expansions are debatable except that one.
    I loved WoD. But even I can admit that it was a completely botched expansion.

So in other words it's not general consensus, it's just a vocal minority screeching.
    People always say that yet can never prove that the silent majority is happy. It's always just used so people can give themselves some false sense of self validation.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    I'm still seriously confused by people who have such strong negative feelings about Legion. I felt like it was the best expansion so far, by a long shot, and I had a blast playing with my guildmates from start to finish. What specifically did you find so distasteful about it?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51746399

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    People always say that yet can never prove that the silent majority is happy. It's always just used so people can give themselves some false sense of self validation.
    That is blizzard's fault, they should be sending at least 1 survey each 1-2 months but apparently they don't care. Dats how you improve your product, send a fucking survey to know what features customers like and what they don't. Instead they are basing their decisions on semi useful raw statistics such as participation rates, success rates etc. That not necessarily is a good idea.