Taming the Great Outdoors Help

I have 6 out of 15 completed for the Taming the Great Outdoors achievement. I'm looking to progress on so I can get the safari hat. I have no idea when I did the 6 that I have completed, but it must have been some time ago. Now I'm trying to do it, and am having a hard time finding them. I looked on Wowhead and whenever I go to one of them, I right click and they don't have a battle for me to fight.

For example, Nameless Mystic and Madam Viciosa both show as master pet tamers. Yet, right clicking them does nothing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I did this achievement last weekend following this wowhead guide. You have to defeat trainers on previous contents/expansions before you get the quest for mop trainers/fabled beasts. The pet trainer in Orgrimmar will have the right quest for you.

Btw you need 40 for the safari hat not 15. If you get stuck at 39/40 just make a character on the opposing faction and defeat the first trainer.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-10-23 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    I did this achievement last weekend following this wowhead guide. Btw you need 40 for the safari hat not 15. If you get stuck at 39/40 just make a character on the opposing faction and defeat the first trainer.
    Ok, let me read through that. What is driving me crazy, because I just went all the way to Moonglade, this wowhead post https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...world#comments states that I would need Taming Kalimdor as part of Taming the World. Not sure I need that or not. However, my achievement clearly shows that Elena Flutterfly is greyed out. Since there is not green check, I figured I had yet to defeat that one. Sure enough, right click and no option to battle.

Hopefully the guide you linked clears this up.

I'd suggest starting with the 'classic' pet tamers from Kalimdor and EK. I think this achievement was in the game since before Legion or even WOD, so that will be the easiest way to complete.

As for Nameless Mystic and Madam Viciosa - those are Broken Shore pet tamers. In Legion, you were only able to battle the pet trainers when their WQ was up. So you can't just go there and battle them. You have to wait for the WQ to cycle to them. Even if they do count towards this achievement, which I'm not sure of, you can't just go and challenge them like the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'd suggest starting with the 'classic' pet tamers from Kalimdor and EK. I think this achievement was in the game since before Legion or even WOD, so that will be the easiest way to complete.

As for Nameless Mystic and Madam Viciosa - those are Broken Shore pet tamers. In Legion, you were only able to battle the pet trainers when their WQ was up. So you can't just go there and battle them. You have to wait for the WQ to cycle to them. Even if they do count towards this achievement, which I'm not sure of, you can't just go and challenge them like the older ones.
    I'm trying the Kalimdor master pet tamers, but when I talk to them, they have no battle for me to choose. They don't have a green check by their name either. I wonder if it could be level related? The pets in my slots are all level 25, and some of these tamers are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    I'm trying the Kalimdor master pet tamers, but when I talk to them, they have no battle for me to choose. They don't have a green check by their name either. I wonder if it could be level related? The pets in my slots are all level 25, and some of these tamers are not.
    Level 25 is fine. I used a level 25 pet with quake to kill all 3 low level pets simultaneously. Did you do a faction change? That might have screwed up your progress.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-10-23 at 02:53 PM.