Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Corrupted gear. They could not think of something more stupid and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Hey look, the new system we put in place of TF has even more RNG and it also adds another layer of complexity to the gearing process! Looks like an epic failure to me. Unless the goal was to add more rng and more complexity, that is.
    What's wrong with a bit of complexity?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    It's just Alpha... they'll fix it in beta!

It's just Beta... they'll fix it before release!

Expansion's just started... they'll fix it before the raid launches!!

Expansion's almost over ... They'll fix it before next expansion!!!
    generally id agree with the point your trying to make here but in this case we dont even know enough to know if anything needs fixing or to suggest how it can potentially be improved.

also when people give those responses its usually less to do with dismissing concerns and more to do with reigning in unnecessary and unproductive blind rage that the internet has embraced.
    Last edited by FiveOneTwo; 2019-10-23 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What's wrong with a bit of complexity?
    A lot of simpletons just want the path of least resistence.

This is clearly a step in the right direction (from what little we know about Corruption and Corruption Resistance, literally resistance mechanics) in terms of the RNG fuckery that is Titanforging, yet according to the perpetual wailing of MMO-C "the sky is falling, plz make err'thing as boring and braindead as Classic gearing kthx!"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-10-23 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathsreaper View Post
    Blizzard we want an item level upgrade to be something you dont have to think about higher ilvl is better gear. Blizzard adds benitic gear that is better than 30 ilvl upgrade in that slot. This is aids to be honest. We already have to go to 3rd party website to tell if something is an upgrade now you are going to put gear in that further takes away your control on how much dps you do in an encounter. I can only imagine how fun it will be to get the reduction in damage during your opener totally fucking over your damage for the entire fight, or even better when raid aoe damage is coming in and your 60% increased damage kicks in killing you. Yea sounds like fun. Why does Blizzard keep doing shit they say is fun like the GCD changes they made this xpac. Stop telling us what is going to be fun. No wonder classic is doing so well and I dont want to play classic but this shit is getting over board

- - - Updated - - -

How is skill going to help you when you get the downside of reduced damage dealt 8 seconds into your opener or damage taken increased by 60 percent right as raid aoe damage comes in one shotting you. I see this causing a lot of extra in mythic progression fights.
    I don’t know. But we are in the early stages of this anyway. I suppose there should be a way to “cleanse” these items.

So this new system means we can roll t1-3 of like 6+ stats, with huge variance in power AND we can roll t1-3 in corruption with huge variance in power?

This is worse than Titanforging if true. Blizzard never ceases to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    I don’t know. But we are in the early stages of this anyway. I suppose there should be a way to “cleanse” these items.
    Copy pasting benthic in place of tf is a step in the right direction?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    So this new system means we can roll t1-3 of like 6+ stats, with huge variance in power AND we can roll t1-3 in corruption with huge variance in power?

This is worse than Titanforging if true. Blizzard never ceases to amaze.
    At least right now it seems to be limited to raid drops only that are corrupted.

It's also the slow grind nerf to the raid they like to have beyond just gear.

So it's a cool flavor/RP aspect to a raid where we are fighting the full might of an old god.

The items can be purged of their corruption if you want to ignore it.

And it seems titanforging is gone from all other content.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol blizz... amazing...

Rng for the gear to drop, Rng for it to forge corrupted, RNG for it to roll the right affix and RNG for it to roll low corruption.

So far I have seen 3 pieces rolls to 25 corruption which prety much makes you a walking time bomb. The slow was annoying and I would hate to play an already slow class. Corrupted zone shows up at around -30 and hit me for 100k-200k a tic and was a huge zone to get out of. Grand Delusions showed up at -40 and that hit me starting off at around 110k with the higher corruption saw it hit me just shy of 300k. Grand Delusions also seem to have the highest proc happening about every pull while farming. Creeping Death shows up around -60 to an instant 15% damage taken and scaled to 60% at 110 corruption and made farming annoying..

No idea what the corruption drop rate will be. But from what I see numbers wise its going to be something I think a lot of people will avoid for the most part similar to the CoS raid gear.

Things are just getting ridiculous. Blizzard is corrupted by N'zoth.

All they can think of right now is to make things unnecessarily complicated over and over again.

It is not a game for fun anymore, just a mathematical gear slot machine.

In 9.0, players will be required to provide PhD diploma of rocket science to have an active wow account.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but I think the corruption gear sounds pretty neat.

Granted I don't play a healer so that probably makes it easier to like

Not interested in corruption crap, Blizzard.

Classic + expansion, please

I don't get the complaints about corrupted gear,to me that's a MAJOR step in the right direction,it makes gear more than just stat sticks.

I get that most DPS players are deathly afraid of anything they can't just put in a simcraft program to remove the thinking part of the process,but still,it's a pretty interesting change