Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    I fail to see how this has to do anything with pet classes.

No, it’s not removal - it’s the opposite: an upgrade.
    It’s a nerf, though in a sense you need skill to fully utilize it.
    Thing is my elemental shaman scales better with % stuff anyways so its a massive buff for my main ftw!

It's a good system, way better than titanforging. Here's why:

Treat "Corruption forging" as "M+ affixes", but this time on your gear: as a player, you get/need experience on how deal with the downsides.
    As you get better, the less problematic the downsides become, but the more pieces you have equipped, it becomes harder and harder to manage them.

Thus, if players want to equip corrupted gear, they need to be skilled in handing the gear.
    It awards skill, not just luck.
    There are also hints that you could cleanse the corruption. So, you will probably be able to overcome the downsides.

While I don't know if this is a good things in regards to pure mechanics and gameplay, I think that the idea is really great in terms of RP.

You know, as in MMO-RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Gonna sound great until you have a huge weapon upgrade sitting unused in your bag because you haven't ground up enough resistance to be allowed to use it in your raid.

This is a "fun on paper" idea that is going to piss people off more than TFing in practice.
    Very much what I believe as well. I already hate it. I hope they don't stick with this formula in the future.

Do Shadowpriests get a baseline corruption resistance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, the new system we put in place of TF has even more RNG and it also adds another layer of complexity to the gearing process! Looks like an epic failure to me. Unless the goal was to add more rng and more complexity, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i have a strange susption that sanity on cloak and corruption resistance are 2 different things

add to this ap

and you have 3 obligatory currencies to farm this patch

a)lol have fun with that
    b)alts are officialy unusable.
    Yea. I completely agree that alts are officially killed. Up to 8.1 you could keep them usable to some extend, 8.2 dropped them to nearly unusable due to essence system and now with 8.3 they will be officially killed off until progression is done or next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Wow...what a stupid fucking idea. I mean, hats off to Blizzard for coming up with new stuff to try but this takes the cake.

So, let me get this straight. Now, not only is there a very small subset of gear that's going to be good (high tier bonus, low corruption) but now you can actively have weapons drop that, had they not forged, would have been a huge upgrade but since they're corrupted they're actually garbage?

So now you can grind and coin for weeks for a weapon drop, finally get it, and it's too corrupted to use?

Oh yeah, that sounds like rewarding and engaging game mechanics.

Oye. Looks interesting but I'm in the reserving judgment camp right now.

It does seem like yet another currency to grind in a game with a lot of currencies to grind. Bleh.

If all you care about is min maxing everything down to the absolute bottom line for your dps then all you’re ever gonna see is the negatives to anything beyond simple guarantees to your raw stats.

It’s a theme to match the content it goes with. Things will feel a little different because of it in relation to that theme.

I’m not saying it’s definitely gonna be great or anything like that here, especially considering we know little more than this news post about it, but personally I’m glad to have new mechanics to play around from time to time. And tie ins to enhance the feel of the content beyond visuals is a good thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard we want an item level upgrade to be something you dont have to think about higher ilvl is better gear. Blizzard adds benitic gear that is better than 30 ilvl upgrade in that slot. This is aids to be honest. We already have to go to 3rd party website to tell if something is an upgrade now you are going to put gear in that further takes away your control on how much dps you do in an encounter. I can only imagine how fun it will be to get the reduction in damage during your opener totally fucking over your damage for the entire fight, or even better when raid aoe damage is coming in and your 60% increased damage kicks in killing you. Yea sounds like fun. Why does Blizzard keep doing shit they say is fun like the GCD changes they made this xpac. Stop telling us what is going to be fun. No wonder classic is doing so well and I dont want to play classic but this shit is getting over board

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good system, way better than titanforging. Here's why:

Treat "Corruption forging" as "M+ affixes", but this time on your gear: as a player, you get/need experience on how deal with the downsides.
    As you get better, the less problematic the downsides become, but the more pieces you have equipped, it becomes harder and harder to manage them.

Thus, if players want to equip corrupted gear, they need to be skilled in handing the gear.
    It awards skill, not just luck.
    How is skill going to help you when you get the downside of reduced damage dealt 8 seconds into your opener or damage taken increased by 60 percent right as raid aoe damage comes in one shotting you. I see this causing a lot of extra in mythic progression fights.

so now instead of being able to use the weapon or armor piece you want to use becuase you have a boring piece thats 20 ilvls higher due to titanforging, you now can't use it because too high corruption ?

i love that they are looking into removing/replacing titanforging, but i think this is the complete wrong direction to look in

so how does it feel hitting the game all the time? feel a sense of power hating on everything you see, even if its not complete yet?
    everything ok at home?

•Corruption can also cause cosmetic effects on your character.

So blood elves will look like void elves.

FUCK YEAH! More rng so that suckers will keep coming back every week! More nice metrics to show to the shareholders!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Gonna sound great until you have a huge weapon upgrade sitting unused in your bag because you haven't ground up enough resistance to be allowed to use it in your raid.

This is a "fun on paper" idea that is going to piss people off more than TFing in practice.
    We know four bullet points worth of information about it ... the sky is not falling yet chicken little...

Jesus thank god for Classic.

The problem I see with corruption is who is going to fix the mess that DPS creates. An extra add spanwns -> Tanks and heal to the rescue. DPS stands in a puddle of death -> healer has to fix it. DPS damages itself -> Healer has to fix it.

So essentially they are giving DPS more reasons to be assholes and healers more reason to quit for good.

These items/effects look fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    We know four bullet points worth of information about it ... the sky is not falling yet chicken little...
    It's just Alpha... they'll fix it in beta!

It's just Beta... they'll fix it before release!

Expansion's just started... they'll fix it before the raid launches!!

Expansion's almost over ... They'll fix it before next expansion!!!