Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Y’all asked for it with your constant whining about TF. Enjoy.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Y’all asked for it with your constant whining about TF. Enjoy.
    No? We asked for the stupid RNG fiesta of titanforging, random sockets and tertiaries to be removed or heavily reduced. This does... none of that? Gearing will still be a RNG fiesta.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    You need to read properly.

1) It mentions spawning voidzones and adds.
    2) Even if the only consequence is that you die, that still has an effect for the raid, because then you are dead and the raid has one less person for the fight.
    Those voidzones and adds only affect YOU, and if some jerk decides to intentionally die from the corruption debuffs, then they're just gonna get kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No? We asked for the stupid RNG fiesta of titanforging, random sockets and tertiaries to be removed or heavily reduced. This does... none of that? Gearing will still be a RNG fiesta.
    I don’t mean you literally asked for it. But constantly whining about a system that was completely fine and getting us a worse system because of it (because the devs are so good at making decisions this expansion, right?) is just karma. Enjoy your RNG fest, as far as I’m concerned it’s karma for all the elitism I’ve seen this expansion.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranight318 View Post
    Those voidzones and adds only affect YOU, and if some jerk decides to intentionally die from the corruption debuffs, then they're just gonna get kicked
    How do they only affect me? If I'm in a raid and they spawn, they are there.

phased adds are nothing new. Only you can see them and if you die they just despawn. They will affect the healers though, since they will have to cover for your use of the system.

I never had a problem with titanforging.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

They only affect you because only you can take damage from you.
    They affect everyone because you can die/mess up because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    So the game should he designed around morons?

Isn't that how we got pruning and other stuff in the first place?
    No, the game shouldn't be designed for morons. But if you think Corrupted Gear is designed for smart people (or by smart people, for that matter), you're mistaken. It's RNG for the sake of RNG. It's not fun or engaging gameplay. To think these are the people who said gems, reforging, and tertiary stats were boring... yet they add a feature to gear that's actually harmful to the player/progression.

This is an unnecessary layer of RNG that's stacked on top of 1,479 other layers of RNG just for the sake of RNG. Not fun. Not engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad the rest of Classic is much worse than Retail.
    Well, that's like your opinion, man. Too bad Retail is a dumpster fire and Classic isn't. See?

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nothing to see here but a bunch of LFR heroes.

Yeah, just dont use the best gear in the game when you are progressing through nyalotha mythic.
    Friend, if your mythic progression hinges on what is essentially getting a titanforge proc - maybe reconsider the skill ceiling and stick to more forgiving difficulties.

If it does not - you probably won’t even notice the system’s impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish we'd go back to a time when the RNG was 'hoping for it to drop' not 'hoping for it to drop and when it does hoping you get a better version of 5 variants of the same item'

It doesnt bother me personally too much but I certainly understand why people are annoyed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Friend, if your mythic progression hinges on what is essentially getting a titanforge proc - maybe reconsider the skill ceiling and stick to more forgiving difficulties.

If it does not - you probably won’t even notice the system’s impact.
    Dude, that titanforge or getting a specific rank 3 passive essence is 100% why our guild has been walled for months despite multiple nerfs!!!!

I don’t mean you literally asked for it. But constantly whining about a system that was completely fine and getting us a worse system because of it (because the devs are so good at making decisions this expansion, right?) is just karma. Enjoy your RNG fest, as far as I’m concerned it’s karma for all the elitism I’ve seen this expansion.
    Except titanforging wasn't completely fine, hence the complaints.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

At this point, i basically lost hope that Blizzard realizes what is the actual problem: Gear Inflation.
    Too many sources award valueable gear for next to no effort, do (some) of them and you have rather decent gear within days.

This corrupted gear is just another overly complex system to avoid tackling this issue.

How about we just return to place where a *useful* piece of gear has meaning rather than coming up with new systems to make items "interesting" which get thrown into trashbin anway within days after the next major patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Right, and it won't matter because there isn't going to be an 8.3 patch anyway. Troll elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably by getting 30% avoidance to offset the -30% healing. Which saves mana and allows healers to DPS more.
    Ill take tank with 30% avoidance without healing debuff anytime. So i can preserve mana and dps more

Do you even read arguments you made?

Except titanforging wasn't completely fine, hence the complaints.
    It wasn't fine to people that were obsessed with the gear that others had, or couldn't comprehend that tf is simply a bonus that you appreciate if you get it. For the rest of us, it was fine. And now they've replaced it with a system that you like even less.

People played themselves.
    change can't wait.

How is it our fault that the devs are incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wish we'd go back to a time when the RNG was 'hoping for it to drop' not 'hoping for it to drop and when it does hoping you get a better version of 5 variants of the same item'
    I call it "RNG-on-top-of-RNG" Scenarios, and I also damn well hate it.

When I was hunting for battle pets, I vowed to avoid the "RNG-on-top-of-RNG" concepts and just buy some of those instead. Example was the rare boss in UBRS remake. There was a rare chance that RNG-1: the boss would spawn since it was a rare in itself RNG-2: the boss would drop the pet, and RNG-3: I would be one to get said pet ((RNG 4 back then was people even caring to do that boss when it showed up)). I found that waiting on odds on the AH for somebody to upload a pet at a not completely insufferably expensive price was better RNG than constantly wasting an hour+ every day for all three dungeon RNGs to come into perfect alignment for me. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The point is it scales. It's a limiting factor. As one person looking into it said in the main thread on this system, you probably don't want to go above 30 total corruption. At 37 the add you spawn hits for ~150k.
    Can you spawn, say, a little ignorable mob who hits you for a negligible amount?

Thinking of my boomkin purposely spawning a mob on himself so the mob beats on him during a boss, causing owlkin rage to repeatedly trigger all fight long for instant lunar strikes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see the risk/reward thing ... get a little bonus for a massive downside .. even the first negatie effect literally kills your raid .. all that for 4% increased effect of mastery etc thats like nothing even when u can equo like 3 of these before getting the first debuff