Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally it seems to me that the current implementation would be "interesting" in a single player game where it is only affecting me. In a multiplayer game on the other hand I'm just fucking shit up for others. I doubt it will go live like this or if it does it will be a still birth and people will cleanse most effects immediately - I guess we can do that in raids, otherwise we'd be back to the anti-reforging argument that you need to go through extra steps to use your gear..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    wait until you see the creative ways players start using it to for abusive troll purposes or meter padding attempts that will become someone else's problem.. via raids/5mans etc... you know this is coming.
    Can you procc those zones by attacking a (mobile) target dummy in cities? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Remove rng and make something that gradually gets bettet as you do things in game.
    And then read all the posts about boo hoo Blizzard is forcing me to do content i dont want to do.

Just see how well it worked with the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Personally it seems to me that the current implementation would be "interesting" in a single player game where it is only affecting me. In a multiplayer game on the other hand I'm just fucking shit up for others. I doubt it will go live like this or if it does it will be a still birth and people will cleanse most effects immediately - I guess we can do that in raids, otherwise we'd be back to the anti-reforging argument that you need to go through extra steps to use your gear..

- - - Updated - - -

Can you procc those zones by attacking a (mobile) target dummy in cities? :P
    yes.. just attacking anything is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    yes.. just attacking anything is enough
    I guess that is another way to get people to buy the mobil auctioneer mount.

It's a personal choice whether to use it or not. We've had items that deal with bad consequences by using them - one of the most common one is the type of tanking trinket that heals you now but then does damage over time or puts a healing absorb shield on you. Even Sacrifice can be seen as a tradeoff skill - when used badly it risked your life (it interrupts the effect if you'll die but that doesn't mean a big hit can't come after and kill you right off). The failing goblin rocket also comes to mind.

So not sure why it's such an issue. They make items. Use them or not.

Not surprised that Blizzard came up with a system like this. I am sure they thought it was fun. Instead it will just be a new look up on table to see if the effects out weigh the benefit.

You will then be looking for the BIS corruption pieces on the slots you can afford to wear based on the sims. Not really sure what the point of this is at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    It's a personal choice whether to use it or not. We've had items that deal with bad consequences by using them - one of the most common one is the type of tanking trinket that heals you now but then does damage over time or puts a healing absorb shield on you. Even Sacrifice can be seen as a tradeoff skill - when used badly it risked your life (it interrupts the effect if you'll die but that doesn't mean a big hit can't come after and kill you right off). The failing goblin rocket also comes to mind.

but with all the items and abilities u usually had the control over it.. and knew that only by activating it can bring the negative effect.. and you knew the effect isn't gonna happen 5 times in a row

Just stack all the corruption and join a M+ key or a LFR raid to crash it

Don't hate the player - hate the game

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to make the game even more awful for healers. It already feels like, for the first time in WoWs history, there are less healers than tanks. Pugs are already so awful I stopped healing, something I've been doing since Vanilla. Now all the shit tier DPS you find in pugs are going to stack this stuff, still do crap DPS, and make things worse for the entire group, but more so the healer because they typically have to deal with any mistake DPS make, damage from void zones, taking 60% more damage with 60% less healing, these are just what we've seen so far I can't imagine the other effects will be any better.

Simple solution would be to make the negative effects hurt the players own personal DPS, that way they get kicked even faster when they're doing 10k DPS at 430 ilvl. Void zone is personal only, decreases your damage done by 20%. Mob that chases you gives you a debuff when you get hit, but if you avoid it the entire time you get a damage buff. Getting hit by avoidable mechanics gives you a debuff reducing your damage. Took me all of 2 minutes to think of this, and is 1000x better than this stupid shit Blizz came up with, and best of all it doesn't just make the healers job worse. We all know, including Blizzard, shit DPS are just going to eat the effects, I feel so bad for healers.

Read my (admittedly slightly angry/ranty) post above, this is an awful idea for anyone who pugs especially healers, which is a massive amount of people. And before you say "Just join a guild", I'm in one, a casual guild of friends i've known for a long time, but we all play casually and can't always group, making pugging a must.

I guess if you don't want to read it though, quick synopsis: The already terrible quality of pugs is about to go down, as the bad players that make it so terrible are going to do what they do and just stack the highest ilvl/corruption gear and ignore the downsides, eating the effects and making life worse for the group. Even if you aren't the healer, they're going to die more and do even less DPS or worse the tank will stand in their own void zone, die, blame it on the healer then rage quit.

It's going to be a shit show.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-10-23 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This is going to make the game even more awful for healers. It already feels like, for the first time in WoWs history, there are less healers than tanks. Pugs are already so awful I stopped healing, something I've been doing since Vanilla. Now all the shit tier DPS you find in pugs are going to stack this stuff, still do crap DPS, and make things worse for the entire group, but more so the healer because they typically have to deal with any mistake DPS make, damage from void zones, taking 60% more damage with 60% less healing, these are just what we've seen so far I can't imagine the other effects will be any better.

Simple solution would be to make the negative effects hurt the players own personal DPS, that way they get kicked even faster when they're doing 10k DPS at 430 ilvl. Void zone is personal only, decreases your damage done by 20%. Mob that chases you gives you a debuff when you get hit, but if you avoid it the entire time you get a damage buff. Getting hit by avoidable mechanics gives you a debuff reducing your damage. Took me all of 2 minutes to think of this, and is 1000x better than this stupid shit Blizz came up with, and best of all it doesn't just make the healers job worse. We all know, including Blizzard, shit DPS are just going to eat the effects, I feel so bad for healers.
    Oh dear, maybe top guilds will have to bring 3 healers instead of 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you can't handle it don't use it. There's strings indicating we can cleanse the corruption if we don't want it. It's not a wasted drop if it drops corrupted.
    The problem is more the superidiot crowd who just uses highest iLvl without even reading a piece. Good luck healing someone with a 60% healing reduction and 60% increased damage taken, especially if they're a tank (could you imagine?)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Either the negative effect will be irrelevant, so it's pointless, or the negative effect will be so bad you won't want to wear the upgrade in the first place. Imagine getting gear that upgrades to corrupted only to not be able to use it. Imagine you summon adds in a fight and wipe the raid.
    I hope it is going to be that the benefits outweigh the negatives. Hoping the corrupted part becomes problematic enough to be an issue but the item good enough that you can live through it. I think it is about time that we realize that not everything we pick up is going to be good/useful/safe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Either the negative effect will be irrelevant, so it's pointless, or the negative effect will be so bad you won't want to wear the upgrade in the first place. Imagine getting gear that upgrades to corrupted only to not be able to use it. Imagine you summon adds in a fight and wipe the raid.
    i love how they added additional layer of rng on top of titanforging rng and connected it to additional grind for "corruption cleansing" which a lot of people will ignore because "f.... grinding" ending up with stuff like "470 itlv dps with 60% more dmg taken , 60% healing reduction , spawning 12131231223 tentacles and few other effects "

masterpiece
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-10-23 at 06:48 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like a super cool idea for ONE patch. Sort of a long event

15+ Year Old Account
    Lmao they're almost at the point where they will try anything to get people back on retail regularly, keyword there being regular.

The warlock change is the first thing I've seen that might actually get people to come back long term. They still don't realize yet that the classes are the key to this game's success, not the loot.

not in world where itlv is king.

peopel will run with whatever has highest +corrupted itlv

I'm just wondering if this is designed with the usual healers-don't-play-the-game-mindset Blizzard puts into their content.

Let's say the effects affect only the player and also can only be seen by the player.
    playing a healer, voidzones will be fine but spawning adds that will take ages to kill will be a red flag for using corrupted gear at all - just like benthic gear for healing and a lot more

I love MMo-Champ forums.

Not only are those effects so ridiculous that you'll never use them, they're brutally unfun. I don't really want my gear fucking trolling me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be great only if you have a chance to get corrupted gear from heroic + raids.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire