Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    I'm just wondering if this is designed with the usual healers-don't-play-the-game-mindset Blizzard puts into their content.

    Let's say the effects affect only the player and also can only be seen by the player.
    playing a healer, voidzones will be fine but spawning adds that will take ages to kill will be a red flag for using corrupted gear at all - just like benthic gear for healing and a lot more
    This is kinda funny to me considering healers are basically the only decently designed specs this expansion, just poorly tuned.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except that's not true, because you're very clearly at a disadvantage compared to people who use corrupted gear.
    git gud scrub
    -G.C.
    (no shit so few people remember he actually told players to get better at one point)

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    you still cleanse it

    its essentially a trinket effect right?? they are inbalanced as well and yet still we live

    the difference wont be as massive as people think and we get resistance to it
    Cleansing is an inconvenience if you still want to use the base item, but have no use for the corruption.

    Trinkets effects are set in stone. This system is not. You have a risk/reward system, where only the risk is set in stone. The system is too much RNG based currently. You first have to get a corrupted item, and then you need one of the few good bonuses for your spec for it to take effect. If the corruption chance is similar to titanforging, and you add another layer of "only 30% of the corrupted items are going to be useable", then that's not good. If you go with a signficantly higher corruption chance, then the hassle of uncorrupting items at the forge increases.

    Currently i've 1900 haste, getting a 4% bonus will give me 72 haste plus the corruption effect, place that against a socket worth 50 haste with no downside... the choice is pretty clear (RNG sockets have to go away.)

    In a risk/reward systems the risks and rewards have to properly balanced against each other. Right now the risks aren't even remotely balanced against the rewards, and the risks can also be significantly more impactful on certain specs (low mobility/caster/tanks vs. melee).

    The idea might be good, but the current effects are absolutely horrible.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2019-10-23 at 08:48 AM.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    So much whining over nothing. First 2 pages are literally op throwing a tantrum over an idea he can’t even read correctly.

    Most of the community wanted rng titanforging gone - there you go. Getting an extra OPTIONAL system with it’s upsides and downsides is just a bonus. Don’t like/ can’t handle it - don’t use it.
    Calling it optional is disingenuous.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    If it sucks you cleanse it. If you can deal with the side effects you keep it.
    well whether you can deal with the effects or not is based on RNG.. a lot of RNG

  6. #166
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    3,762
    As I understood it, it would only be used and specifically needed for the gauntlet content in the corrupted zones and maybe for a party in a couple raidboss phases.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    git gud scrub
    -G.C.
    (no shit so few people remember he actually told players to get better at one point)
    That quote has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You claim that you can "just opt out", which is technically true, but in practice you can't, because you're objectively putting yourself at a disadvantage by doing so.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  8. #168
    Sounds fun and cool for me :P

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well whether you can deal with the effects or not is based on RNG.. a lot of RNG
    The only RNG is how often the effects proc. Everything else scales directly with your corruption stat and is predictable.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Sure, but players also seemed to not have an issue about using items from Crucible of Storms that had side effects. The difference now is that the text is a red stat and depending on how much you stack it is how bad it will be. They probably don't want you to be able to handle having corrupted pieces in even half your slots, let alone all of them. Unlike titanforging which if you raided regularly most of your slots would be BIS TF by the end of tier.
    well none of the Crucible of Storm items were as deadly as these debuffs.. they also weren't random for the most part

  11. #171
    This reminds me of the time when they wanted Fury Warriors to take 20% extra damage when enraged, which is often. That was terrible design. And this is no different.

    I don't really have a horse in this race because I've long grown tired of doing most group content because of people. Just people in general. But this design will have consequences. Specs that can self-heal will benefit more from this system for example. Demon Hunters will probably benefit most due to passive self healing. Will they nerf DHs? Or will all melee be required to reroll Demon Hunter to take advantage of Corruption?

    This system is doomed to fail.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    The only RNG is how often the effects proc. Everything else scales directly with your corruption stat and is predictable.
    proc being RNG is already enough, considering how stupid the procs are

    also it doesnt scale perfectly.. you can have items with 5 corruption have the same stat as an item with 8 corruption for example.. someone who's lucky enough can have gear with the same power, but lower corruption

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    proc being RNG is already enough, considering how stupid the procs are

    also it doesnt scale perfectly.. you can have items with 5 corruption have the same stat as an item with 8 corruption for example.. someone who's lucky enough can have gear with the same power, but lower corruption
    The procs aren't hard to deal with at lower levels of corruption.

    Don't know about that last part though

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    The procs aren't hard to deal with at lower levels of corruption.

    Don't know about that last part though
    they are in certain situations though.. ofc in some situations you can just run away from the void zone and from that add, you can even tank their damage at times, but even at low corruption that add hits you for 100k

    and since the proc is RNG you can spawn 3 adds at once.. or have 3 void zones back to back to back

    and as a melee running away from that shit = almost certain dps loss

    i'm already envisioning how WF race will be even more about RNG than b4
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-10-23 at 08:55 AM.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    This reminds me of the time when they wanted Fury Warriors to take 20% extra damage when enraged, which is often. That was terrible design. And this is no different.

    I don't really have a horse in this race because I've long grown tired of doing most group content because of people. Just people in general. But this design will have consequences. Specs that can self-heal will benefit more from this system for example. Demon Hunters will probably benefit most due to passive self healing. Will they nerf DHs? Or will all melee be required to reroll Demon Hunter to take advantage of Corruption?

    This system is doomed to fail.
    Except Fury also had (a lot) more HP than other DPS, selfhealing and a talent that reduced the amount of extra damage taken, which ended up with Fury not being any more susceptible to getting 1shot than other specs, and not needing more external healing either(although they might end up with more anyway because healers didn't account for that, just like warlocks got healed more than they probably needed)
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    So much whining over nothing. First 2 pages are literally op throwing a tantrum over an idea he can’t even read correctly.

    Most of the community wanted rng titanforging gone - there you go. Getting an extra OPTIONAL system with it’s upsides and downsides is just a bonus. Don’t like/ can’t handle it - don’t use it.
    that system is in no way or shape optional.

    if you make fake claims like this it only shows you have not clue .

    every group will demand people with maximum possible corruption resistance and maximum possible corrupted gear. .

    and this means on top of ap farm you will be forced to farm coruption resistance shards or whatever currency it will be.

    add to this farming for sanity bonus on cloak

    means you will have 3 currencies that you will have to farm this patch.

    thats why people will miss tf. you will miss it hard

    basickly now you have 3 systems to be farmed up or no content for you above lfr.

    and lol those claiming that you wont have to farm lower difficulties for tf - now you will farm them for corrupted gear because high level corruption > 15 itlv on gear add to this luck of draw with bis being 1 out of 11 possible traits and possibility of socket being > 15 itlv so you donthae to choice but to farm it. and you hae to draw bis trait , and it has to tf high corruption , and it should have socket ,and i bet wf will still stay in game , and you have to farm corruption resistance cuurrency to be able to use it .


    mythic raider and mythic + players are soooo screwed - i almost feel sorry for you . almost.

    "have fun

    sincerly blizz :P"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-10-23 at 09:10 AM.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    that's fine, i'm talking about the system in general and how dumb it is

    you think that them putting a system in the game that's just dumb is fine?
    And titanforging was fine right? lmao, at least this can be considered fun by plenty of people opposite to the boring trash that titanforging and its inflated ilvl was, ofc if you are bad then you can just cleanse the corruption and no one will care.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Cleansing is an inconvenience if you still want to use the base item, but have no use for the corruption.

    Trinkets effects are set in stone. This system is not. You have a risk/reward system, where only the risk is set in stone. The system is too much RNG based currently. You first have to get a corrupted item, and then you need one of the few good bonuses for your spec for it to take effect. If the corruption chance is similar to titanforging, and you add another layer of "only 30% of the corrupted items are going to be useable", then that's not good. If you go with a signficantly higher corruption chance, then the hassle of uncorrupting items at the forge increases.

    In a risk/reward systems the risks and rewards have to properly balanced against each other. Right now the risks aren't even remotely balanced against the rewards, and the risks can also be significantly more impactful on certain specs (low mobility/caster/tanks vs. melee).

    The idea might be good, but the current effects are absolutely horrible.
    hassle....you call that a hassle....and you think taht those effects are not WIP...

    name a single system in WoW taht was ever balanced

    you mentioned shadowmourne and how it was unbalanced and you are correct...the thing is no matter how unbalanced it was it wasnt so bad that it negatively impacted others and the same is here

    you can be on your priest with identical gear except for a few corrupted pieces compared to a shadow priest in your group

    you only have to deal with a slow which is inconsequential

    he has the first 3 debuffs and overall the possibility to out perform you by say 20%

    lets say he gets the slow at a bad time....likely uses speed boost even if just rocket boots
    lets say he gets corrupted zone...moves quickly and efficiently
    lets say he gets the add spawn....can slow or possibly use it for a dps increase and ask a monk in the group for ring of peace

    out performs you by only 10%

    is that fair?? yes

    higher risk higher reward

    the higher your skill level the better you deal with stuff like this



    it is designed as 100% optional and it works

    "but it aint optional because jimmy will outperform timmy in raids or people will kill themselves because of the debuffs"
    so good players will outperform bad players and bad players will die

    same it has always been
    with this system over time players will passively be able to handle more corruption

    for example lets go back to you and the other priest

    now lets say he has a corruption resistance of 35

    now he has those bonuses plus only the tendrils debuff so he can do more even though he ahs the corrupted items

    how do you get resistance?? simple
    the essences give some
    concordance gives some

    play the game long enough and you will be able to handle max corruption like it is maybe a level of 40

    "but that isnt fair because my spec suffers more and i have to put in more effort and my spec wont be wanted for stuff like raids and m+"

    only matters in high level and by then either you have the skills or resistance

    dont ahve either then get a group

  19. #179
    the devs have forgotten how to mmo, if next expac doesnt improve on the OBVIOUS mistakes then idk

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except Fury also had (a lot) more HP than other DPS, selfhealing and a talent that reduced the amount of extra damage taken, which ended up with Fury not being any more susceptible to getting 1shot than other specs, and not needing more external healing either(although they might end up with more anyway because healers didn't account for that, just like warlocks got healed more than they probably needed)
    It wasn't "a lot" more HP. And the negative design absolutely put Fury at a disadvantage compared to all other melee. There is a reason why they walked that back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •