Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The problem is more the superidiot crowd who just uses highest iLvl without even reading a piece. Good luck healing someone with a 60% healing reduction and 60% increased damage taken, especially if they're a tank (could you imagine?)
    So Blizz should handhold players even harder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Oh dear, maybe top guilds will have to bring 3 healers instead of 2 now.
    No, they won't, because top guilds actually know how to play and avoid the negatives, but the large majority of players that pug are going to suffer one way or another from the shit players that already make pugs shit to be in because they refuse to take 15 minutes to do some light reading or use their brain a tiny amount to not stand in mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The problem is more the superidiot crowd who just uses highest iLvl without even reading a piece. Good luck healing someone with a 60% healing reduction and 60% increased damage taken, especially if they're a tank (could you imagine?)
    He will die and goodbye who cares?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    Just stack all the corruption and join a M+ key or a LFR raid to crash it

Don't hate the player - hate the game
    You'll just die and everyone else will be fine, the debuffs only hurt you. You'll just get kicked.

Also the add isn't target able and will just run up and melee you then disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

I love MMo-Champ forums.
    Is it really so strange that people have differing opinions in a game with likely millions of players? Corrupted, for top/decent guilds that actually put in effort, is great, if I was still raiding I'd think it would be kind of fun because I'd be playing with people doing it properly and avoiding the negatives. For people who pug, which I do now, the shit tier players are just going to make pugs even worse than they already do. Even if I do it properly, bad players are going to die or make the healers job that much harder.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-10-23 at 07:08 AM.

I don't understand how people can say, corrupted gear is shit? Have u guys already tested it?
    Have u seen that u get a legendary cloak, new azerite traits, new essences with corruption resistance on it?

Wait for it to be on the ptr, test is and than lets talk about it.

For a company that doesn't want us to use 3rd party websites to figure out if gear is good, this seems like a good way to make us use a 3rd party website to know if gear is good.

"Blizzard never gives us choices, yada yada. Blizzard never comes up with nothing new, yada, yada." Bad players will always be bad players, kick and move on. Since those void zones and adds are random and affect ONLY the player that causes them. Whats the problem? Healers should let those people die because either they dont care about their corruption level or they are being a nuance to the group, just like Tanks let DPS die if they pull groups.

If your guild raid is having people aka a tank with so much corruption gets 60% damage taken increased and 60% healing reduced, then maybe the RL or GM need have a talk with that tank. If you are running a pug whatever, then maybe use the tools available and inspect, armory people before putting that key in M+.

I’m also worried if the corruption will make the gear useless. Imagine getting your BiS trinket and then having it forge negatively. A lot of #feelsbad incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    How is this any different from any other dumbass coming into the group and fucking up, then?

I thought people didn't want this game catering to the lowest common denominators all the time.
    it is not any different

seriously i did not think that i would see a thread worse than the one about flex raiding in MoP where people did not udnerstand 5 pages in that it was winged

the damage is not random it is dependant on your corruption level
    the corruption is not random it is determined by the ilv and/or bonus
    you choose whether to keep the item with the bonus
    are you good enough to dodge shit and keep your dps up
    that pool you spawn will only do like 30k a tick at low corruption (btw that is not 60)
    it will become deadly if you stack it to something stupid like 60

is the boss patchwerk style?? then maybe you can handle a few aoe adds spawning

getting the item cleansed is fine

the only thing you will be forced to really think about is "hey i have a normal piece with a corruption bonus but i just got this heroic piece without a bonus....is the bonus enough to still keep it as an upgrade??" which will rarely happen

"oh hey i got this heroic piece which is an upgrade from my normal piece and it has a bonus...but it is really tough to use it in X content so i will use my currency to cleanse it"

or

"hey i just got another version of the boots i got from last week but these have a corruption bonus on it that will be useful in X boss encounter....i will keep it for that encounter but still wear the other one during situations where it would not work for me"

are the most likely outcomes

if you want to cleanse it because you dont like it then that is fine but overall it is a system taht allows players to get an upgrade randomly but still have access to the best loot by doing the hardest content

another instance of players not liking something and wanting a positive change to be removed because it inconveniences them just like the stupid ML change because "muh ninja looting" and "i got threatened to be kicked if i didnt trade the ilvl upgrade"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I’m also worried if the corruption will make the gear useless. Imagine getting your BiS trinket and then having it forge negatively. A lot of #feelsbad incoming.
    no....literally can not happen

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    but more like something that does make all those things you did irrelevant every 3-4 months.
    So - you want something that gets gradually better, but doesn't get gradually better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I’m also worried if the corruption will make the gear useless. Imagine getting your BiS trinket and then having it forge negatively.
    Apparently there will be a way to cleanse the corruption, removing the corruption negative and positive.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Is it really so strange that people have differing opinions in a game with likely millions of players? Corrupted, for top/decent guilds that actually put in effort, is great, if I was still raiding I'd think it would be kind of fun because I'd be playing with people doing it properly and avoiding the negatives. For people who pug, which I do now, the shit tier players are just going to make pugs even worse than they already do. Even if I do it properly, bad players are going to die or make the healers job that much harder.
    for mythic raiders titanforging has been and always will be shit

lower level players praised it because hey higher ilvl

removing that has caused a shift

plus side though (and i mean this as a HUUUGE plus personally) no more useless items titanforging to a level taht they cant be traded even though it is a bigger upgrade for another person

i can now run on my pally tank as a healer loot spec and trade trinkets again no matter what
    and if anyone has a problem witht taht then just CLEANSE IT

I like it. Surprised that devs can still implement interesting features for BfA.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2019-10-23 at 07:34 AM.

Corrupted gear isn't for stupid players who are prone to standing in bad shit, or don't realize they're being beat on by an add. It's meant for high teir players who like high risk and high reward play style. Wait till you see INSANE DPS from people with almost full corruption, draining all the healers mana lol.

Can confirm after testing this on PTR with my self and a group of friends, the effects only work on the person who is corrupted and has no effect on other party members.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    He will die and goodbye who cares?
    and get loot if boss dies because personal loot ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    for mythic raiders titanforging has been and always will be shit

lower level players praised it because hey higher ilvl

removing that has caused a shift

plus side though (and i mean this as a HUUUGE plus personally) no more useless items titanforging to a level taht they cant be traded even though it is a bigger upgrade for another person

i can now run on my pally tank as a healer loot spec and trade trinkets again no matter what
    and if anyone has a problem witht taht then just CLEANSE IT
    in before you not being able to trade loot with higher corruption level then the one you currently use ^^

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I think the funniest thing is the people pretending it isn't a shit system as a means to put down others. These are the kind of people who would drink toilet water to own the libs.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lueth View Post
    Can confirm after testing this on PTR with my self and a group of friends, the effects only work on the person who is corrupted and has no effect on other party members.
    It will effect the other party members when a DPS dies from ignoring the negatives, or the healer is too busy trying to heal said player to deal with the actual mechanics of the fight.

stupid thing is there will be certain classes that will be able to take 110% advantage of corrupted gear and skyrocket their dps whilst other classes will bottleneck. Sort of like shadowmourne players in WoTLK but far worse.
    Last edited by peter92q; 2019-10-23 at 07:44 AM.

Wtf is it with Blizz trying so hard to make gearing a fucking pain.

We want you to look at an item and see if it's an upgrade immediately - well, what about you stop putting random shit onto my gear that makes it impossible for me to evaluate how much I'm forced to change my setup or how much I'm gonna be fucked in actual combat.

What the fuck is it with Blizzard being so fucking opposed to just giving people cool gear without fucking them over. Jesus fucking christ.