Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fun and cool for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well whether you can deal with the effects or not is based on RNG.. a lot of RNG
    The only RNG is how often the effects proc. Everything else scales directly with your corruption stat and is predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Sure, but players also seemed to not have an issue about using items from Crucible of Storms that had side effects. The difference now is that the text is a red stat and depending on how much you stack it is how bad it will be. They probably don't want you to be able to handle having corrupted pieces in even half your slots, let alone all of them. Unlike titanforging which if you raided regularly most of your slots would be BIS TF by the end of tier.
    well none of the Crucible of Storm items were as deadly as these debuffs.. they also weren't random for the most part

This reminds me of the time when they wanted Fury Warriors to take 20% extra damage when enraged, which is often. That was terrible design. And this is no different.

I don't really have a horse in this race because I've long grown tired of doing most group content because of people. Just people in general. But this design will have consequences. Specs that can self-heal will benefit more from this system for example. Demon Hunters will probably benefit most due to passive self healing. Will they nerf DHs? Or will all melee be required to reroll Demon Hunter to take advantage of Corruption?

This system is doomed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    The only RNG is how often the effects proc. Everything else scales directly with your corruption stat and is predictable.
    proc being RNG is already enough, considering how stupid the procs are

also it doesnt scale perfectly.. you can have items with 5 corruption have the same stat as an item with 8 corruption for example.. someone who's lucky enough can have gear with the same power, but lower corruption

proc being RNG is already enough, considering how stupid the procs are

also it doesnt scale perfectly.. you can have items with 5 corruption have the same stat as an item with 8 corruption for example.. someone who's lucky enough can have gear with the same power, but lower corruption
    The procs aren't hard to deal with at lower levels of corruption.

Don't know about that last part though

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    The procs aren't hard to deal with at lower levels of corruption.

Don't know about that last part though
    they are in certain situations though.. ofc in some situations you can just run away from the void zone and from that add, you can even tank their damage at times, but even at low corruption that add hits you for 100k

and since the proc is RNG you can spawn 3 adds at once.. or have 3 void zones back to back to back

and as a melee running away from that shit = almost certain dps loss

i'm already envisioning how WF race will be even more about RNG than b4
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-10-23 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    This reminds me of the time when they wanted Fury Warriors to take 20% extra damage when enraged, which is often. That was terrible design. And this is no different.

I don't really have a horse in this race because I've long grown tired of doing most group content because of people. Just people in general. But this design will have consequences. Specs that can self-heal will benefit more from this system for example. Demon Hunters will probably benefit most due to passive self healing. Will they nerf DHs? Or will all melee be required to reroll Demon Hunter to take advantage of Corruption?

This system is doomed to fail.
    Except Fury also had (a lot) more HP than other DPS, selfhealing and a talent that reduced the amount of extra damage taken, which ended up with Fury not being any more susceptible to getting 1shot than other specs, and not needing more external healing either(although they might end up with more anyway because healers didn't account for that, just like warlocks got healed more than they probably needed)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    So much whining over nothing. First 2 pages are literally op throwing a tantrum over an idea he can’t even read correctly.

Most of the community wanted rng titanforging gone - there you go. Getting an extra OPTIONAL system with it’s upsides and downsides is just a bonus. Don’t like/ can’t handle it - don’t use it.
    that system is in no way or shape optional.

if you make fake claims like this it only shows you have not clue .

every group will demand people with maximum possible corruption resistance and maximum possible corrupted gear. .

and this means on top of ap farm you will be forced to farm coruption resistance shards or whatever currency it will be.

add to this farming for sanity bonus on cloak

means you will have 3 currencies that you will have to farm this patch.

thats why people will miss tf. you will miss it hard

basickly now you have 3 systems to be farmed up or no content for you above lfr.

and lol those claiming that you wont have to farm lower difficulties for tf - now you will farm them for corrupted gear because high level corruption > 15 itlv on gear add to this luck of draw with bis being 1 out of 11 possible traits and possibility of socket being > 15 itlv so you donthae to choice but to farm it. and you hae to draw bis trait , and it has to tf high corruption , and it should have socket ,and i bet wf will still stay in game , and you have to farm corruption resistance cuurrency to be able to use it .

mythic raider and mythic + players are soooo screwed - i almost feel sorry for you . almost.

"have fun

sincerly blizz :P"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-10-23 at 09:10 AM.

that's fine, i'm talking about the system in general and how dumb it is

you think that them putting a system in the game that's just dumb is fine?
    And titanforging was fine right? lmao, at least this can be considered fun by plenty of people opposite to the boring trash that titanforging and its inflated ilvl was, ofc if you are bad then you can just cleanse the corruption and no one will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Cleansing is an inconvenience if you still want to use the base item, but have no use for the corruption.

Trinkets effects are set in stone. This system is not. You have a risk/reward system, where only the risk is set in stone. The system is too much RNG based currently. You first have to get a corrupted item, and then you need one of the few good bonuses for your spec for it to take effect. If the corruption chance is similar to titanforging, and you add another layer of "only 30% of the corrupted items are going to be useable", then that's not good. If you go with a signficantly higher corruption chance, then the hassle of uncorrupting items at the forge increases.

In a risk/reward systems the risks and rewards have to properly balanced against each other. Right now the risks aren't even remotely balanced against the rewards, and the risks can also be significantly more impactful on certain specs (low mobility/caster/tanks vs. melee).

The idea might be good, but the current effects are absolutely horrible.
    hassle....you call that a hassle....and you think taht those effects are not WIP...

name a single system in WoW taht was ever balanced

you mentioned shadowmourne and how it was unbalanced and you are correct...the thing is no matter how unbalanced it was it wasnt so bad that it negatively impacted others and the same is here

you can be on your priest with identical gear except for a few corrupted pieces compared to a shadow priest in your group

you only have to deal with a slow which is inconsequential

he has the first 3 debuffs and overall the possibility to out perform you by say 20%

lets say he gets the slow at a bad time....likely uses speed boost even if just rocket boots
    lets say he gets corrupted zone...moves quickly and efficiently
    lets say he gets the add spawn....can slow or possibly use it for a dps increase and ask a monk in the group for ring of peace

out performs you by only 10%

is that fair?? yes

higher risk higher reward

the higher your skill level the better you deal with stuff like this

it is designed as 100% optional and it works

"but it aint optional because jimmy will outperform timmy in raids or people will kill themselves because of the debuffs"
    so good players will outperform bad players and bad players will die

same it has always been
    with this system over time players will passively be able to handle more corruption

for example lets go back to you and the other priest

now lets say he has a corruption resistance of 35

now he has those bonuses plus only the tendrils debuff so he can do more even though he ahs the corrupted items

how do you get resistance?? simple
    the essences give some
    concordance gives some

play the game long enough and you will be able to handle max corruption like it is maybe a level of 40

"but that isnt fair because my spec suffers more and i have to put in more effort and my spec wont be wanted for stuff like raids and m+"

only matters in high level and by then either you have the skills or resistance

dont ahve either then get a group

the devs have forgotten how to mmo, if next expac doesnt improve on the OBVIOUS mistakes then idk

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except Fury also had (a lot) more HP than other DPS, selfhealing and a talent that reduced the amount of extra damage taken, which ended up with Fury not being any more susceptible to getting 1shot than other specs, and not needing more external healing either(although they might end up with more anyway because healers didn't account for that, just like warlocks got healed more than they probably needed)
    It wasn't "a lot" more HP. And the negative design absolutely put Fury at a disadvantage compared to all other melee. There is a reason why they walked that back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it better than Titanforging? Not really. Is it more interesting? Sure. Does that make it a good system? No.

No matter how I look at it, it just seems like an absolute pain to deal with. And if cleansing gets rid of both the corruption as well as the positive bonus, it just seems pointless altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    that system is in no way or shape optional.

if you make fake claims like this it only shows you have not clue .

every group will demand people with maximum possible corruption resistance and maximum possible corrupted gear. .

and this means on top of ap farm you will be forced to farm coruption resistance shards or whatever currency it will be.

add to this farming for sanity bonus on cloak

means you will have 3 currencies that you will have to farm this patch.

thats why people will miss tf.

basickly now you have 3 systems to be farmed up or no content for you above lfr.

have fun

sincerly blizz :P
    groups below mythic wont require this and if they do then they are those try hard wannabes in the gorup finder asking for aotc but have players with benthic gear ungemmed

this hyperbole never gets old as those groups only represent about 10% of groups at any point heck my raid team pugs pretty much anyone into heroic

got an ilvl over 425 come on in

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    how is that putting down anyone
    Sorry it wasn't clear. I'm talking about the people saying they'll use gear with 60% increased damage during progression and healers should pop CD's to keep them alive and if other people don't they are just bad. It's obvious they are baiting but they just look really stupid saying it and that's amusing.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Most people just want easy to understand, plain jane gear that is a clear upgrade just by looking it.

Anything fun or interesting gets ruined by spreadsheet heroes blaming their gear on why they stuck at 3/8 after 4 months.

Working together as a guild to balance out the effects for their specific group is labeled as boring/lame/unfun busy work that gets in the way of their spreadsheets.
    Stupid team work and communication getting in my way!
    But yeah, regardless of progression level you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Is it better than Titanforging? Not really. Is it more interesting? Sure. Does that make it a good system? No.

No matter how I look at it, it just seems like an absolute pain to deal with. And if cleansing gets rid of both the corruption as well as the positive bonus, it just seems pointless altogether.
    It's definitely not an amazing system just yet, but ill take w/e trash thats more interesting than titanforging, if you ask me i would've removed titanforged and replace it with nothing, but ill wait and see the tweaks this system gets (if it gets any) before coming to conclussions.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post

so no doubt that most sites will work out how strong the bonus is

now you will have a ratio of bonus=X ilvl and negative=-X ilvl

the point is that you ahve the option to either make great plays with this and gain dps or decide "not worth it i will cleanse for the samller upgrade"

heck you might even decide to cleanse it so you can use another corrupted piece

this system gives a bit of an rng system but with a ton of choice

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    It wasn't "a lot" more HP. And the negative design absolutely put Fury at a disadvantage compared to all other melee. There is a reason why they walked that back.
    Yeah, because it was pretty pointless. It didn't change anything in terms of balance and was purely there for roleplayer reasons, but confused people like you. There's a reason it took an entire expansion for them to do it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU