Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    And titanforging was fine right? lmao, at least this can be considered fun by plenty of people opposite to the boring trash that titanforging and its inflated ilvl was, ofc if you are bad then you can just cleanse the corruption and no one will care.
    Corrupt gear will be fun for the top end. Titanforging was fun for the lower end.

Guess which end has more people?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Corrupt gear will be fun for the top end. Titanforging was fun for the lower end.

And that matters because? low end people dont need any gear for the content they push, top end people do, so working as intended.

And titanforging was fine right? lmao, at least this can be considered fun by plenty of people opposite to the boring trash that titanforging and its inflated ilvl was, ofc if you are bad then you can just cleanse the corruption and no one will care.
    titanforging was the same dogshit

Yeah, I'm not that exited for it as well. It will probably be feast or famine situation, as always. I can imagine some specs not caring about corruption, as having to move away is not a problem, but less mobile specs... I'm sure people will math it out, but I can see dropping out of voidform even once during a fight cause of it completely invalidating any benefit from extra stats for a shadow priest.

People complained (including my self) because WF/TF gear is too much rng?

Blizzard's solution? - Replace 1 RNG with another RNG! HOORAY!

Just want to ad that to me it sounds like a great idea. Sounds fun and interesting! Unsure how it works but if you spawn an add that chases you and if it reaches you you take dmg/debuff/something, but if you outrun it and it despawns you gain a buff, then that's really cool. An active minigame, brilliant.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    titanforging was the same dogshit
    No it isnt, corrupted gear gives me the option to customize my corruption amount considering the buffs i wanna keep on top of having another mechanic to deal with if i want to, while titanforging was just plain trash inflated ilvl, theres just no comparison and you are just blind if you cant see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that matters because? low end people dont need any gear for the content they push, top end people do, so working as intended.
    The low end funds the game, and titanforging was a way to keep them playing. People already complain about the drop in quality of the game, and the lower subs go, the more that happens. Subs aren't the only thing contributing to lower quality, you could argue the lower end themselves do, but if you really think Blizz would react to a drop in subs by catering to the hardcores still playing instead of the casuals that left, you're delusional. The more casuals leave, the more casual the game gets to try to bring them back, because they're by far the larger group of players, and making the game "harder" for the hardcore group has traditionally been a bad move (See: Cata launch heroics).

Titanforging has a positive effect on the entire population regardless of what level you play at, even if there are draw backs to the system that doesn't mean the positives don't exist. It does suck that sometimes an item you don't need titanforges too high and you can't trade it in a raid, but how often does that really happen compared to how often people use their titanforges? Does it really matter that joe shmoe got lucky and has a few decent ilvl pieces even though he doesn't raid? His gear has no effect on you unless you're a petty bitch who gets jealous of pixels, but it makes him happier and more likely to keep playing. And if you happen to end up grouped with joe schmoe, he has better gear to make your run go smoothly. Now, when you get grouped with joe schmoe, he's going to have corrupted gear, and be performing worse, dragging your group down, and he's going to feel bad and eventually quit, and stop funding the game you want to keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, because it was pretty pointless. It didn't change anything in terms of balance and was purely there for roleplayer reasons, but confused people like you. There's a reason it took an entire expansion for them to do it.
    Use your head instead of repeating bad information you read on the internet. Spike damage was a problem.

And they did address it during the expansion because the damage penalty was 30% at the beginning. But because the overall design was tied to the Artifact weapon, they couldn't completely walk away from it until after Legion.

No it isnt, corrupted gear gives me the option to customize my corruption amount considering the buffs i wanna keep on top of having another mechanic to deal with if i want to, while titanforging was just plain trash inflated ilvl, theres just no comparison and you are just blind if you cant see that.
    i'm not saying it was the same system, i'm saying both systems are dogshit

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Use your head instead of repeating bad information you read on the internet. Spike damage was a problem.

And they did address it during the expansion because the damage penalty was 30% at the beginning. But because the overall design was tied to the Artifact weapon, they couldn't completely walk away from it until after Legion.
    How was spike damage a problem? Fury took 20% more damage(10% with talent) but had 20-30% more health thanks to an extra passive, an artifact trait and using 2 2h weapons.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post
    I kinda agree with you.

If a RL tells you not to use your gear because the raid isn't good enough to deal with it....that would be kind of demoralizing for those in the group.
    Maybe you should replace such insecure players then. If your players are oblivious to the fact that they can improve, then they should maybe try HC instead of Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

Let me guess,let me guess.I will say Top End!As Blizzard is catering to them.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Is it better than Titanforging? Not really. Is it more interesting? Sure. Does that make it a good system? No.

No matter how I look at it, it just seems like an absolute pain to deal with. And if cleansing gets rid of both the corruption as well as the positive bonus, it just seems pointless altogether.
    Exactly. And if the "CAN become corrupted" means you now have a chance to get it corrupted instead of titanforged, it didn't accomplish anything. Did not solve a problem anyway.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Let me guess,let me guess.I will say Top End!As Blizzard is catering to them.
    Catering to casual players is a bait. You cater to the people who will consistently stay subbed if you cater to them, not the people who randomly quit for reasons entirely unrelated to the game(because spoiler, most casual players don't care enough about the game to even notice or care about most changes the devs make, and they also aren't affected by balance or power levels to anywhere near the same degree)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2019-10-23 at 09:27 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ya it sounds really dumb. I guess it's to much to ask for gear to not have pointless bullshit all over it.
    I agree with this. I honestly miss the days where there was no forging or anything at all on gear. Bring back regular gear that the game used for practically 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerez View Post
    I agree with this. I honestly miss the days where there was no forging or anything at all on gear. Bring back regular gear that the game used for practically 8 years.
    Would be great, but Blizzard has brainwashed people into thinking RNG fiesta gear benefits casual players.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Personally it seems to me that the current implementation would be "interesting" in a single player game where it is only affecting me. In a multiplayer game on the other hand I'm just fucking shit up for others. I doubt it will go live like this or if it does it will be a still birth and people will cleanse most effects immediately - I guess we can do that in raids, otherwise we'd be back to the anti-reforging argument that you need to go through extra steps to use your gear..

- - - Updated - - -

Can you procc those zones by attacking a (mobile) target dummy in cities? :P
    we'll find out the surprise way via some dude doing it on youtube / live stream

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i'm not saying it was the same system, i'm saying both systems are dogshit
    Well then why don't you just go play classic, and let us play what we actually find fun instead of bitching like a whiny crybaby? Ah, but I guess that's too hard for you.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a great idea. Adds some variety and challenge. I wouldn't mind if the new Diablo game had something like this.