Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Vocal minority: the items in this game are so boring these days! You don't even remember their names! I still remember the name of my belt from Sunwell! Bring back interesting items that matter!

*Blizz adds actual interesting effects to gear*

Also vocal minority: wow this is so annoying, it's just more rng! what a pain!

Some people are just never happy

You seem to have some kind of idea in your head that online forums exist for toxic people to spew their negativity. Ever thought that people just want to discuss the game they like with others?
    i think you are confusing Preach - with "some people"

because he is literaly the only streamer whining about on gear effects and rememebering gear from sunwell

Vocal minority: the items in this game are so boring these days! You don't even remember their names! I still remember the name of my belt from Sunwell! Bring back interesting items that matter!

You seem to have some kind of idea in your head that online forums exist for toxic people to spew their negativity. Ever thought that people just want to discuss the game they like with others?
    and im discussing the game, it's just that some people don't like seeing others complain about stuff in that game.. which is more often than not the only thing there is to discuss about new stuff being added.. what else is there to discuss at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Well, just as the the current content has never been tuned around maximizing profit from titanforging just to clear it, i strongly feel the next raid tier won't be either.

If, say, to clear a boss you would need to pass a hard hp check on an ability, say, 500k unavoidable unmitigated dmg. And you could only do that with having a number of corrupted pieces etc. etc. - that would make it mandatory. Everything else is optional.

While technically true, that it would probably be essential for world first clears or pushing absurdly high m+, really, who cares? Why do you even lump yourself in with that handful of people? They have their motivation, goals and means to them.

If some normal or heroic raid pug or a m+grp asks for maxed out perfectly simmed combination of corruption and whatnot - good for them. You can bend backwards to their demands, farm for it, as you mentioned, and do the content with them. Or you can do the content with adequate people.
    because mindless sheeps in pugs copy mindlessly mythic raiders.

meaning if top 100 will say "you need this" then little" brian the entitled pug group creator" will demand exackly the same thing for his normal nyalotha raid.

because he can .

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Ignore the fact that Fury had 30% more health because you are getting hung up on that point. Imagine 2 melee sitting at 100K health. Your healer attempts to heal you both up, but the next boss ability does 80K damage. If your healer attempts to heal the other melee first instead of you, then you die. If you did not have a healer that was aware of the circumstances, it was easier to be killed randomly.

Sure, it wasn't a situation that arises all the time, but it did happen. The point is that extra burden shouldn't have been placed on the healers. And it could make playing Fury feel bad.
    Okay, so if your healers are bad and have you at low HP before a dangerous mechanic and then also heal the wrong target, and somehow you managed to not heal yourself either, it was a drawback.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    Here's another thing. Let's say the more corrupted pieces you equip the more the negative effect is gonna increase. So you kinda have to balance it. Use one or two pieces, you get a stat increase and a negative effect you can handle, equip too many and you become much more powerful but with negative effect you won't be able to handle.

It's a thing you need to balance out. Ok fine.

But...

This is an MMO. This is going to be chaos in a raid setting, especially in random raids. Blizzard seems to not be aware of the following things

1) Trolling

Players will equip gear that may cause trouble just for the fun of it.

2) Ignorance

You can't trust every player to know how much "corrupted gear" they will be able to handle and it will inevitably have negative effects for the entire group.

Imagine trying to manage a group like that, and all of a sudden you are in a raid and mobs and voidzones spawn everywhere. Imagine trying to find out who is the culprit. Imagine trying to get people to take off their gear, especially if it has a cosmetic effect.
    I'd argue this is Blizzard reintroducing a real RPG element for the first time in years... It's an opportunity to to make your character unique.

Will I go heavy corruption and do huge damage but have the ever mindful of my weaknesses, or do I sacrifice more dmg for a more stable performance?

Bonusses with tradeoffs.

Also in regards to your point 2, it's quite easy to find out who's so heavily invested into corrupted gear they blow up the raid. You can see it by looking at their gear! I believe that's what the cosmetic effects for.

It adds more interesting effects rather than just ilevel, which to me is a positive, but it obviously depends on the tuning of both the upsides and downsides. It does nothing to address the RNG gearing issues at all, and as such changes nothing in regards to items being mostly forgettable. Weird how people still complain about the same issues when Blizzard has done nothing to solve those issues.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I'd argue this is Blizzard reintroducing a real RPG element for the first time in years... It's an opportunity to to make your character unique.

Will I go heavy corruption and do huge damage but have the ever mindful of my weaknesses, or do I sacrifice more dmg for a more stable performance?

Bonusses with tradeoffs.

Also in regards to your point 2, it's quite easy to find out who's so heavily invested into corrupted gear they blow up the raid. You can see it by looking at their gear! I believe that's what the cosmetic effects for.
    no you wont.

what you will do is first farm all difficulties for maximum possible corruption level .

then farm corruption reduction currency

then be able to do content.

thats what you will be forced to do.

because thats how you min-max this systems from looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post

Bonusses with tradeoffs.

One pretty big issue with the downsides is that they're completely random procs, which makes "just play around them loool" less of an argument. How do you play around 5 voidzones proccing in a row and pushing you out of position? You don't. You just die. At least when it comes to the "you take x% more damage" effect you can figure out whether that causes you to get 1shot or not, and then make an informed decision on whether or not to use it for a certain boss.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2019-10-23 at 10:20 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Let’s be brutally honest here: the majority of people in this thread only raid LFR and don’t even do their weekly 10. Of course they love this, they’re Blizzard acolytes who confound their own identity with that of Blizzard.

Corrupted gear looks like total ass for mythic raiders, especially melee/tanks and most healers. Or any ranged DPS with low mobility. Imagine a void zone, movement speed and healing received reduction, or a lethal add chasing you on a fight like Azshara.

And it’s another instance of RNG on gear.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea better than WF/TF. I think there is a balance between endlessly farming for that super rare titanforge and what we have in Classic, where you log on for raid and that is it. if I remember the system back in MoP correctly, you could upgrade an item using Valor points twice for a total of 10ilvl. this meant you logged in once a day, did your dailies/random dungeon (I think that gave valor) and then raid on whatever night you do. there was a finite end to the grind. you don't have to run the same dungeon in M+ hoping for that high TF trinket - you get it and can upgrade it twice using currency and that is it

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Let’s be brutally honest here: the majority of people in this thread only raid LFR and don’t even do their weekly 10. Of course they love this, they’re Blizzard acolytes who confound their own identity with that of Blizzard.

Corrupted gear looks like total ass for mythic raiders, especially melee/tanks and most healers. Or any ranged DPS with low mobility. Imagine a void zone, movement speed and healing received reduction, or a lethal add chasing you on a fight like Azshara.

And it’s another instance of RNG on gear.
    At least it's replacing ilevel procs(and maybe even tertiaries, seeing as both avoidance and leech are possible corrupted effects)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I like this idea better than WF/TF. I think there is a balance between endlessly farming for that super rare titanforge and what we have in Classic, where you log on for raid and that is it. if I remember the system back in MoP correctly, you could upgrade an item using Valor points twice for a total of 10ilvl. this meant you logged in once a day, did your dailies/random dungeon (I think that gave valor) and then raid on whatever night you do. there was a finite end to the grind. you don't have to run the same dungeon in M+ hoping for that high TF trinket - you get it and can upgrade it twice using currency and that is it
    Yeah, MoP's gearing system was very good. I personally preferred Wrath/Cata where the item just dropped and that's it, but upgrading your items through a currency is still way superior to RNGforging.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    At least it's replacing ilevel procs(and maybe even tertiaries, seeing as both avoidance and leech are possible corrupted effects)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, MoP's gearing system was very good. I personally preferred Wrath/Cata where the item just dropped and that's it, but upgrading your items through a currency is still way superior to RNGforging.
    I mean it solves their metrics quota or whatever bullshit that is - people will still log in every day and it removes a system which requires mindless and often frustrating repetition

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    A mechanic that can really separate the good from the bad players. I honestly like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Not my job to stay alive. I'm wearing it all and blaming healers.
    This. It's just like affixes like Bursting, as dps we nuke down mobs, preferebly at the same time, like the low hp mobs in Shrine before the second boss, healers job to heal us up. If they fail, well please quit the game scrub!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already informed my guild I will not be cleansing any gear and I will not be responsible for what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because mindless sheeps in pugs copy mindlessly mythic raiders.

meaning if top 100 will say "you need this" then little" brian the entitled pug group creator" will demand exackly the same thing for his normal nyalotha raid.

because he can .
    Hence the last paragraph of the post you quoted. Play with adequate people, even though it might take some time to find them.

it really does.

as much as i like the idea of some minor negative effects, like those on the gear from crucible, this is too much.

this is just gonna be a nuisance.

I've wanted negative effect gear in this game forever - can't believe we're getting it.
    But knowing blizz the negative effects will be a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure that there were items datamined that "cleanse" the corruption, so it's kind of both.

Don't forget that new essences also reduce corruption level, so you probably can wear a piece or two without drawbacks.
    Last edited by LazarusLong; 2019-10-23 at 11:16 AM.

People writing

DURR ME LOVE IT

Cleary didnt test it on PTR