Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    I guess its awesome if you like to play slot-machine, because thats what you're going to have to do more-so than what we have now with the benthic-gear.

    Ugh 0_o

  2. #122
    I think that a lot of people simply don't understand how it works, sees just the stupid bellular-video about it and find it crappy. It's better than most people think: is there RNG: Yes, but at a COST. And sometimes the cost is higher than the use, so you simply cleanse the item and go on.

    It's by far better than titanforging. Titanforging you always have a better item, here this isn't the case. You can't simply stack all beneficial effects to an insane amount, because then you are simply dead.

    Here you need to think about the gear, and probably that's the biggest issue here. And the best thing here is: if you don't want the system: that's TOTALLY OK, just cleanse all your items, and you are off. You couldn't escape titanforging, but corruption you actually can.

    I think it's a good idea, by far NOT perfect, but BETTER than the titanforging-crap!

    That said, i think they should remove the increase amound of base stat by x% from the corrupted gear: make the bonuses more like benthic-gear but stronger. That's a way to make this thing work. Just remove the base stat increase.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-10-24 at 09:40 PM.

  3. #123
    Legendary! Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,685
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Because you have the option to remove the corruption, but by removing the corruption, you lose the benthic added effect, so at that point its just a regular item at a set item level. However by keeping the Corruption your subject to debuffs as well as getting the added benthic effect already.

    Its not a matter of what effect you get, its a matter of based on the amount of corruption you have, can you handle an extreme amount. This makes gearing choices completely different now because you have to choose how much corruption you can handle with out putting stress on your healers or yourself for that matter.
    This is still not in any way negating the RNG that is the entire problem with Titanforging and still is a problem with this system... All of this is entirely irrelevant... It's just Titanforging but with a negative effect tacked on that you can remove to also un-titanforge the item, which is stupid.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  4. #124
    I am Murloc! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    5,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But that's irrelevant as far as BIS goes. BIS is about stats, not "are you dead."

    Titanforging raises stat weights meaning your BIS had to be perfectly Titanforged. Corruption doesn't raise any stat weights on the item, thus a BIS is BIS whether it's corrupted or not.
    "Increases your mastery by 2-6%". Now tell me again how that does not increase my stat weight?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    This is the problem I see as well but I guess that is a problem of how classes are tuned in WoW as much as anything. Optimally these effects would be better tailored to different classes/speccs but there's so much variation that this is probably impossible to do. For example for a mage, the corrupted gear sounds terrible above 20 corruption when you get the void zone or when you get the add if you run rune of power. However, it sounds much more managable with Incanter's Flow. Additionally, it sounds like tanks can forget going above 19 corruption and get the void zones or adds though I am not entirely sure how much damage moving a boss will cause at higher difficulties myself. I really think this system sounds interesting but the negative effects are so much more negative for some classes at the moment meaning that it can lead to a massive boost in BM hunter DPS (for example) and draw more immobile classes to the bottom.
    One solution I can see for this problem is for different effects to occur depending on your current class/spec. But I get the feeling we won't see this happen... at best it will be dependent on your role.

  6. #126
    I don't know if it is a good idea or not until i try it,but from what i can see the gear it self looks a lot like the resistance mechanic in Classic.Didn't Blizzard ditched that because it was not a good way for gearing?If they have removed it once.Why are they returning to it again?What different outcome can there be?I think it will be just removed again in the next expansion as a failed mechanic and they will say "we listened to you so we are removing it".
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    One solution I can see for this problem is for different effects to occur depending on your current class/spec. But I get the feeling we won't see this happen... at best it will be dependent on your role.
    Yep! Divided somewhat like how the mage tower challenges were split up only better. Particularly the restriction to tanks seems insane to me. As you say though, we would probably have heard/seen something about this by now if it was the case but here's to hoping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin
    They use Red Dragon Wings for their Windmill. So they aren't really redeemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adagietto
    In their defense... That windmill is pretty bitchin.

  8. #128
    High Overlord kaiba1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This is still not in any way negating the RNG that is the entire problem with Titanforging and still is a problem with this system... All of this is entirely irrelevant... It's just Titanforging but with a negative effect tacked on that you can remove to also un-titanforge the item, which is stupid.
    Incorrect, If you cleanse said item, the item at that point, is... just an item with a purple tag. The game is YOU have to control how much corruption you can handle, do you want a lot of corruption? Okay awesome! you will have all those fantastic equip bonuses, but you also risk blowing yourself or your group to kingdom kum. Like me for instance, I have self sustain healing with my talents as a Havoc DH, just pick up orbs and heal, so in essence, I can handle a lot of Corruption, but at the same time, I need to make sure that corruption, rolls a side effect that barely effects me or my group. This is putting control into the Player's hands, If we dont want or like said corruption side effect, yeah the equip bonus may be great, but itll come at a huge cost of either putting pressure on your group or yourself.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    In a-plenty of games, equipment with advantage and drawbacks is interesting. It spice up things a bit-would you like to have gear that is not ''BiS on IcyVeins'' but that require some independant deicision making ?
    Nope. It's not good idea.

    Players DON'T want extra RNG. That's why we (incl me) cried about wf/tf rng shitfest.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I think that a lot of people simply don't understand how it works, sees just the stupid bellular-video about it and find it crappy. It's better than most people think: is there RNG: Yes, but at a COST. And sometimes the cost is higher than the use, so you simply cleanse the item and go on.

    It's by far better than titanforging. Titanforging you always have a better item, here this isn't the case. You can't simply stack all beneficial effects to an insane amount, because then you are simply dead.

    Here you need to think about the gear, and probably that's the biggest issue here. And the best thing here is: if you don't want the system: that's TOTALLY OK, just cleanse all your items, and you are off. You couldn't escape titanforging, but corruption you actually can.

    I think it's a good idea, by far NOT perfect, but BETTER than the titanforging-crap!

    That said, i think they should remove the increase amound of base stat by x% from the corrupted gear: make the bonuses more like benthic-gear but stronger. That's a way to make this thing work. Just remove the base stat increase.
    Yep. Make the boosts as thematic as the detriments.

  11. #131
    Legendary! Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,685
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Incorrect
    Entirely correct, actually.
    If you cleanse said item, the item at that point, is... just an item with a purple tag.
    Ok, yeah, I already said that, that is not "control", it's irrelevant, this is like saying that being allowed to de-titanforge an item would give you control over Titanforging, it doesn't.

    The game is YOU have to control how much corruption you can handle
    Again, does not solve the fucking problem of RNG in acquisition of upgrade procs, which was the problem with Titanforging and is still the problem with corruption, we have no control over how, when, why, or in what form the proc takes...

    Control would be having valor points and being able to spend them on purchasing guaranteed titanforging procs so that you could choose how and when, and to what extent the specific item you want gets upgraded... THAT is control, this is not, this does not solve the RNG problem, this does not give us any control over the RNG, which is the only complaint about Titanforging, and the one that Blizzard claims they made this system to fix but it in fact doesn't.


    kingdom kum.
    It's kingdom come, not kum.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-10-25 at 09:42 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So many more pug runs gonna crash and burn since ppl are literally killing themself via corruptions, dying to mechanics cause they got slowed etc.
    I hope this was a bandaid feature to be replaced with something more permanent and less shit for 9.0
    How long until theres a mod that checks players have enough resistance to wear their corrupted gear and leaders just install this mod and boot people who have more corruption than resistance eh.

  13. #133
    Ah yes, now instead of hoping for RNG to make our gear good we have to hope for RNG on top of RNG! So great!

  14. #134
    This isn't a fastpaced instant gear changing game like Diablo. The RNG is the bane of this game at the current level that it is.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Nope. It's not good idea.

    Players DON'T want extra RNG. That's why we (incl me) cried about wf/tf rng shitfest.
    With the last twitter-update on it they actually removed a BIG CHUNK of RNG: The different Tiers now have a STATIC VALUE. This changes corrupted gear by far in a positive way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •