Thread: baine spoiler

baine spoiler

[IMG][/IMG]

the horde is dead

Cool, maybe now he will get more character developement and will stop being useless.

So he becomes a living trophy. Fits him.

So does Valeera get a pass because she's not really Horde in your eyes? She's worked with the Alliance for far longer than Baines apparent collusion.

Isn't he just a horde ambassador?

This is definitely permanent and not just a quest phase, right, my fellow overanalyzers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    So does Valeera get a pass because she's not really Horde in your eyes? She's worked with the Alliance for far longer than Baines apparent collusion.
    she was never part of the horde, she was raised as a gladiator as a kid, and was always loyal to varian and the house wrynn

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    She was never a part of the Horde though. Not even once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Padraigh View Post
    Isn't he just a horde ambassador?
    Yes, but people like to throw tantrums

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

To be fair, if the story was in any way logical and didn't rely on the fairly strict mechanics of WoW as an MMO, the tauren should have left the Horde in MoP or at the beginning of BfA.

They were pacifists to the point of almost being driven to extinction by the centaurs, and with the Horde they learned to fight back for survival and nothing more. Garrosh's dreams of conquest and Sylvanas' campaign of... just death I guess, were none of their business.

And tauren druids would have definitely deserted the Horde the minute Teldrassil went up in flames. That's the kind of shit that Archimonde does, not their Horde.

How is that a spoiler? Jaina Proudmoore is friendly to Horde players inside the Eternal Palace, but that doesn't mean she has joined the Horde.

Baine could be in Stormwind as an ambassador. We already know he and Anduin are friends and share common goals of peace between the factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valeera is not a Horde Faction Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were pacifists to the point of almost being driven to extinction by the centaurs, and with the Horde they learned to fight back for survival and nothing more. Garrosh's dreams of conquest and Sylvanas' campaign of... just death I guess, were none of their business.
    First of all, that was just Cairne's tribe. And they weren't driven to near extinction by the Centaurs because they were pacifist and needed to be taught by the Horde how to fight back for survival, but only because the Centaur surpassed them in military terms.

And tauren druids would have definitely deserted the Horde the minute Teldrassil went up in flames. That's the kind of shit that Archimonde does, not their Horde.
    Where do people get the idea that Horde Druids should care about the World Trees in general? The only World Tree that served any kind of a purpose was Nordrassil, which was to keep the energies of the second Well of Eternity in check. The rest are nothing more than failed projects of Night Elven Druids. Andrassil allowed the Old Gods to corrupt the Emerald Dream and create the Emerald Nightmare while Teldrassil almost caused Azeroth to merge with Emerald Nightmare. Both of which should have been destroyed by any Druid worth their salt as the unholy abominations they were. On top of that Teldrassil in particular was created (mere 12 years ago at best in-lore) by Fandral as a testament to his own hubris because he was too salty about losing immortality when Malfurion imploded Nordrassil. Teldrassil was not some ancient and natural testament to the power of life people pretend it to be. It was a recent and artificial Night Elven mistake with no meaning or benefit to Druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Valeera is not a Horde Faction Leader.
    She's not Horde at all. She's a sworn servant of House Wrynn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

To be fair, if the story was in any way logical and didn't rely on the fairly strict mechanics of WoW as an MMO, the tauren should have left the Horde in MoP or at the beginning of BfA.

As a main Tauren Druid since my very beginning in this game, back to a few months before the AQ Opening, in fact it was the very first character I ever created and it's still my main, and as a bit roleplayer on my own, I've always felt that either Taurens or Forsaken should've left the Horde many expansion ago. And every time I have to do a quest related to undeads, resurrection of deads as undeads, plague, etc... I feel I'm betraying my own character.

Oh, and I love Baine. I'm probably a snowflake about that, though...
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2019-10-31 at 09:50 PM.

Valeera was never loyal to Quel'thalas or the horde. She is her own person who has been loyal to Varian since they were in the gladiator pits together. Baine on the other hand is leader of the Tauren who when his own people were attacked in a war the alliance started felt the only correct cause of action was to banish anyone who wanted to fight back.

If Baine was not leader of the Tauren most people wouldn't mind, hell if Magatha took over from Cairne then Baine's actions would even have a logic to it. Rightful Tauren leader siding with alliance while horde puts the murderer and usurper in his rightful place. That would make sense. But as leader of the Tauren he basically is acting most of the time as an alliance sympathiser in a war. Which would have got him locked up at best, executed at worst in real world.

1) Why is this in the Achievements forum?
    2) Lore forum already has threads whining about Ambassador Baine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the presence of a Horde/Alliance Ambassador should've been a thing since the end of MoP. The Two factions have grown to the point that there needs to be a diplomatic representative in their capital cities to act as a communication channel between the two.

Though I don't think a faction leader should be an Ambassador. Seeing that there is nobody in Thunderbluff besides Baine who is suited to govern the Tauren. Maybe a less important character should've been used. or maybe a new character altogether should be introduced. (because Horde really lacks truely diplomatic characters)

Nice. Now all the edgy greasy metal listening horde fanatics can quit circlejerking so hard

So he finally became a stuffed statue?

I covered this in the last thread but it is a special irony that Jes-Tereth next to him is wearing a Theramore tabard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    She's not Horde at all. She's a sworn servant of House Wrynn.
    But yet when she showed up to tell Jaina to meet Baine everyone was like "grrr can we trust her" which is why I can understand some of the recent confusion I saw about Valeera. With Varian dead it was a bit of a no talk subject if she still worked for the Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.