Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Rathma is either fucked in the head or there's some important thing we don't know.
    Point is, Lilith is very probably just a red herring. Angels are recluse in the Heavens, and we know hell is invading Sanctuary. It's very likely that Rathma summons Lilith because no one else is going to protect humanity otherwise. It's a risky plan for sure but better than just go unsupported against the hordes of Hell.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Apparently the next 2 classes will certainly be paladins and maybie witch doctors (IIRC). My crusader will be missed. I then will probably play D3 until its servers death, until my D3 feats with my crusader will finally be forgotten, for the rest of the time being (the eternity to come)... (No D4 for me.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Apparently the next 2 classes will certainly be paladins and maybie witch doctors (IIRC).
    That seems quite likely. Paladin and Crusader are pretty interchangable, in terms of gameplay fantasy. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the moves from D3 carried over (Hopefully Thornsader. Best build)

Then the big question becomes... Druid or Paladin?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Apparently the next 2 classes will certainly be paladins and maybie witch doctors (IIRC).
    Would like to see source.

What's pretty much confirmed it's that we're missing 3 main archetypes from the game - archer/ranged, summoner and shield bearer. While we have only 2 slots left. I don't think WD is a great choice since from D3 it never actually had a very good reception, and they ended giving you the necro even if the summoner class was already in game.

It's a tough choice. I think the archer/amazon/rogue is going to be there 100%. Way too strong playstyle (in terms of player affinity) to pass on it. Between paladin and necromancer, my bet goes on the necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Would like to see source.

What's pretty much confirmed it's that we're missing 3 main archetypes from the game - archer/ranged, summoner and shield bearer. While we have only 2 slots left. I don't think WD is a great choice since from D3 it never actually had a very good reception, and they ended giving you the necro even if the summoner class was already in game.

It's a tough choice. I think the archer/amazon/rogue is going to be there 100%. Way too strong playstyle (in terms of player affinity) to pass on it. Between paladin and necromancer, my bet goes on the necro.
    Hi there, as for the source, I did read in the Diablo 3 Official forums that a D4 dev said elsewhere that the two new classes are likely going to be paladin, and the other class IDRC (WD or Amazon?). Sorry I cant confirm more, so maybie take it then with a grain of salt! My apologies.

That seems quite likely. Paladin and Crusader are pretty interchangable, in terms of gameplay fantasy. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the moves from D3 carried over (Hopefully Thornsader. Best build)
    As I understand it, it is the D2 paladin that will come back, because D4 devs apparently want to offer a 'D2' experience but within a modern game which will be D4.

But my apologies. Just don't take my posts here too seriously...
    -Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Then the big question becomes... Druid or Paladin?
    I played druid at blizzcon and instantly fell in love. You are constantly shifting forms and somehow it doesn't feel clunky at all. I played all 3 classes and it was easily my favourite. It has the same theme as the D2 druid but it plays way differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I played druid at blizzcon and instantly fell in love. You are constantly shifting forms and somehow it doesn't feel clunky at all. I played all 3 classes and it was easily my favourite. It has the same theme as the D2 druid but it plays way differently.
    That's what I like to hear. Fury Druid was MY GUY in D2 and while I don't think we'll see a build like that in D4, I hope we can get something just as awesome.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

after diablo3,i havent any reason for think that d4 will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    after diablo3,i havent any reason for think that d4 will be better.
    So just here to shit post I see. You obviously haven't heard, read, or seen any info about D4 then because it looks generations better graphically. The keyed dungeon system is better that GRs. A huge open world with 100s of dungeons to find is better than what ARPGs traditionally are. Inclusions of threatening world bosses is good. even if simple, the addition of a passive tree is good for build diversity. Reducing power obtained from gear so skills matter more is better. I could go one, but yes, you are just here to shit post.

Honestly, I wish they would stop this suspense crap and just lay it all on the table what classes they are planning to introduce at launch and if there are going to be added down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Honestly, I wish they would stop this suspense crap and just lay it all on the table what classes they are planning to introduce at launch and if there are going to be added down the road.
    Maybe they haven't finalized the two that will launch with Barb, Sorc, and Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Maybe they haven't finalized the two that will launch with Barb, Sorc, and Druid.
    They have to have some sort of plan though. Or at least know which ones are not going to make it since, using the D3 classes, they will not be adding WD, Monk, DH, and Necromancer since they are launching with only 5. The first three do not interest me. If they have WD/DH/Necro I will consider it.

They have to have some sort of plan though. Or at least know which ones are not going to make it since, using the D3 classes, they will not be adding WD, Monk, DH, and Necromancer since they are launching with only 5. The first three do not interest me. If they have WD/DH/Necro I will consider it.
    I'm sure they know which ones they want to add. They also know the game is at least another 1.5 years out. Keeping classes and other things like plot, enemy families, and stuff close to the best only to be announced at strategic points like Blizzcin and other gaming events keeps interest high and ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I'm sure they know which ones they want to add. They also know the game is at least another 1.5 years out. Keeping classes and other things like plot, enemy families, and stuff close to the best only to be announced at strategic points like Blizzcin and other gaming events keeps interest high and ongoing.
    Regular updates keep up interest. Showing off the game features, art, etc. keeps up interest. Things like the Dev Watercooler posts that Ghostcrawler used to do for WoW that covered broad topics like the "Stat Squish" in WoW prior to his departure for Riot. Look at how WoW folk respond to datamining of Alpha/Beta/PTR builds. Blizzard has to encrypt the things they want because people dissect those things and speculate, etc. Entire YouTube channels rise from it. So I think it is safe to say that people get engaged when they are given info.

And if they want to keep some things secret, they can. They have the tools to hide them. As Muffinus said "The revolution will not be datamined."

Regular updates keep up interest. Showing off the game features, art, etc. keeps up interest. Things like the Dev Watercooler posts that Ghostcrawler used to do for WoW that covered broad topics like the "Stat Squish" in WoW prior to his departure for Riot. Look at how WoW folk respond to datamining of Alpha/Beta/PTR builds. Blizzard has to encrypt the things they want because people dissect those things and speculate, etc. Entire YouTube channels rise from it. So I think it is safe to say that people get engaged when they are given info.

And if they want to keep some things secret, they can. They have the tools to hide them. As Muffinus said "The revolution will not be datamined."
    One of the biggest talking points right now is guessing the next two classes. Of course people are thirsty for any D4 info, but class reveals will draw even more attention. So they are obviously saving them for this Blizzcon IMO. If they decide to cancel it we may know what they are in a dev blog.

But this stuff has more to do with marketing than just giving an info dump. We just have to play the game we brought on ourselves by being thirsty, overhyping, sheep that just cannot be patient about info.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they skip assassin again its an instant pass for me

All the originals should be there from the start

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid looks pretty sweet.

Barb looking pretty sweet too.

Sorc meh
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-06-04 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see Death Knight in d4. We've had paladin (twice) and necromancer (twice). With the limited room, i say combine the 2 into dks. Summoner of the dead and tanks everything sounds fun. (Yes yes i know inarius set necro, but it sucks)

Monk or assassin returning would also be good. (Or in some form)

But, i cannot wait to play druid

I'm honestly waiting to see if they will add a new class, like something we haven't seen before. It's almost too obvious that they're pandering to D2, but I feel D4 should be embracing more than just that. Even the Druid right now, as cool as it is, is feeling very derivative. It's not a bad thing, just not something that's too surprising or amazing.

Being a big Druid fan, I hope there's builds that will allow you to keep one form rather than the constant shifting when you use different abilities. I'm a sucker for theme and I want to embrace the bearform if they allow it, and not just be stuck to 'Shockwave Spam' gameplay as a means to sustain it. Right now all I see is the 'Grizzly Rage' skill but it seems very temporary, like a cooldown ability rather than a form to use.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-06-04 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm honestly waiting to see if they will add a new class, like something we haven't seen before.
    Not right now imho. Having to recover from the bad rep D3 created, i thing they're going to stay on safe grounds for now.

Anyway, we're gonna get expansions and class DLCs for sure. Expansions will focus on new zones/dungeons and level cap increase, and i'm pretty sure given how endgame structure is, it's going to add more to the base like M+ work in WoW.

Class DLCs (in addition to expansions that should have a class at least if not 2) are a hit and miss. It all depends on how ladders are made, since if you play solo and not competitive, it doesn't change anything. Also solo ladders are unaffected - it will only matter for party.

I think that if the game is a hit (and they really need that) they're going to experiment with new classes.