Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They do do that.

- - - Updated - - -

It took 8 days of an hour or so of dailies to get BFA flying. Let's say your really bad and it took 10 days at 2 hours - that's 20 hours of play time to get flying. That's really not a lot
    Yeah but doing world quests is lame and monotonous. Wrath let you wear tabards to farm rep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Yeah but doing world quests is lame and monotonous. Wrath let you wear tabards to farm rep.
    Sure it can be lame an monotonous. But you only have to do 4 when the right emissary is up. And again 4 when the invasion is up (sometimes combining the two so you only need 4 instead of 8). If doing 4 quick easy quests (the invasions are less quick as some like the stupid sub are way to slow) is way to much work then it should be an indication that you need to reflect on why you are even playing WoW in the first place.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Would be nice if people could understand and stop making the same posts on a daily basis
    Yeah, but sadly ppl like to whine about things they don't have to do just because it requires a little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Sure it can be lame an monotonous. But you only have to do 4 when the right emissary is up. And again 4 when the invasion is up (sometimes combining the two so you only need 4 instead of 8). If doing 4 quick easy quests (the invasions are less quick as some like the stupid sub are way to slow) is way to much work then it should be an indication that you need to reflect on why you are even playing WoW in the first place.
    So we should be forced to do certain content or be grounded peasants? This is not in the spirit of the LFR revolution and what brought the silent majority into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really what dumb reasoning. Flying saves so much time. Honestly I regretted not having WoD flying long after the expansion was over. Because every alt I leveled through WoD was a chore until I bothered to go back and get WoD pathfinder.

Get flying now, save time later. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    But why is it such a time sink? Why do the criteria to unlock the achievement have to be such a grinding time sink? Many people have answered that: it’s marketing. Force people to play for longer, make them play for more hours, etc. Ok. Business is business. I get that. But I don’t like it.
    I know you're aware you answered your own question, but the thing is, Blizzard doesn't care whether you or any other player likes time-gating. It generates revenue, it keep players subbed. The developers and GDs are actually on our side (at the very least most of them), they know the playerbase will loathe something that is poorly designed/unfun, but that thing keeps the money flowing. Pathfinder was introduced in WoD and a huge deal of active players commented on how terrible it was, and here we are, 2 expansions later with the exact same model. The final word always comes from the higher-ups, and they want your money more than your enjoyment of their product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    So should I even bother? Will my experience be dented if my fifth or sixth toon has to ride on the ground to grind to 120? Or am I better off doing what I did in Legion and skipping the achievement grind to just do things I actually like in the game?
    Answering your question. I guess you're not a completionist and don't care for achievements. On future expansions you might miss flying in BfA if you want to come back to farm something specific (like the Bee mount, for example). In such a case, lack of mobility will be something that will hinder you, but not prevent you from going after whatever it is that might pick your interest.

The terrain is fucking unbearable to travel that's why

What everyone is failing to recognize is that "fun" and "interesting" are subjective to the individual which means Blizzards claim the game would suddenly become more interesting if they forced players to the ground is an impossibility. All of the arguments used to support the decision to remove flying were smoke screens. The truth was some devs were mad they had put so much time and effort into creating a world they thought people would enjoy only to find out a lot of players didn't really care.
    Last edited by WinningOne; 2019-10-25 at 04:21 AM.

Because Blizzard made a mistake, tried to take it away, and instead of doing the right thing decided that a compromise with its CUSTOMERS was best.

You never compromise with your customer, you serve them.

Flying is about "causal vs hardcore", "optional vs mandatory", "replayable vs not replayable", etc. For example initial BFA zones with very small exceptions weren't that bad for no flying. Nazjatar is Argus 2.0 and very bad for no flying, i.e. flying is mandatory there.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I unsubscribed last month. Flying is a big reason why. Wow has become a bit too much like farmville. No challenge. No point. No reward. No fun. Reputation grind is the epitome of this gamestyle. I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    I unsubscribed last month. Flying is a big reason why. Wow has become a bit too much like farmville. No challenge. No point. No reward. No fun. Reputation grind is the epitome of this gamestyle. I don't miss it.
    No challenge? Did you clean EP HM? MM? have a 2k+ RIO or PvP rating? Challenge exists as well as collections. "Reputation grind" isn't the good term when you can hit exalted doing WQ once in a while. What do you expect as reward ? Mounts, battlepets, gear ? All of these still exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Same reason they locked races behind reputation... Excruciating grinds to make those with the time feel special
    Excruciating ? You mean like bloodsail buccaneers or timbermaw hold ?
    Stop complaining, these reps are about a few WQ once in a while.

5+ Year Old Account
    There should be some catch up mechanic for flying in olders expacs. I mean for example special questline would be enough and after doing it you have account wide unlocked flying in wod, legion and later in future in bfa

15+ Year Old Account
    So we should be forced to do certain content or be grounded peasants? This is not in the spirit of the LFR revolution and what brought the silent majority into the game.
    Yes. In order to get anything in the game you are forced to certain content. 4 world quests every few days is not such a monumental task that anyone who is interested in playing the game can legitimately get upset over having to do. That is only 10 mins or less of work.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Not everyone has time to grind World Quests for months.
    Such a bullshit statement. No grind for Allied races or flying takes months.

Many of us are LFR veterans or like to pvp.
    Why do you need flying then?

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Flying is about "causal vs hardcore", "optional vs mandatory", "replayable vs not replayable", etc. For example initial BFA zones with very small exceptions weren't that bad for no flying. Nazjatar is Argus 2.0 and very bad for no flying, i.e. flying is mandatory there.
    Flying is for hardcore gamers if I follow your logic. So, 2 weeks running WQ half an hour a day is hardcore? Man if I a find a single post you wrote about how classic was so much better (as if grinds weren't excruciating back there) your credibility will take a blow. Nazjatar has no mandatory flying, Argus is a nofly zone. It's just easier to grind pearls, rares or whatever float your boat in Nazjatar.

You don't bother it just happens by playing the game