Thread: 9.0 Shadowfall

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Still a fun concept that works without reworking the game as you claim.
    Point being there’s no such thing as a ranged tank, you’d just be a regular melee tank that has ranged abilities. I didn’t talk at all about reworking the game.

for whatever it's worth, if we see Class Halls returned, that would be enough to fuel the hype for me.
    as a Paladin, I loved every second spent in our Class Hall.

Dis one is fake... but I liked reading it.

Fans make better expacs than Blizz...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    for whatever it's worth, if we see Class Halls returned, that would be enough to fuel the hype for me.
    Yep... but that's how I know it's fake. They pretty much said they wouldn't do Class specific stories again... LAME!

Why not name it Shadowbringers though and call it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    Class halls and all the content we got from that was the best single player content we ever had in WoW. And the class halls as a place to idle was so nice! Really miss it.

Eh, this one really destroys itself in the story section of the leak. They're not going to retcon the origin of the Lich King. There's too many sources on it. Heck, it was just in Chronicle. And Wrathion and the Shado-Pan actually get along. They've been hanging out recently. Unless Wrathion does something massively terrible in the final cinematic of 8.3, they are on friendly terms right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bad fanfiction is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Eh, this one really destroys itself in the story section of the leak. They're not going to retcon the origin of the Lich King. There's too many sources on it. Heck, it was just in Chronicle. And Wrathion and the Shado-Pan actually get along. They've been hanging out recently. Unless Wrathion does something massively terrible in the final cinematic of 8.3, they are on friendly terms right now.
    They have already retconned it. 4 old gods. There were five. They retcon anything to fit the current narrative, you have too mich faith in them.

And shadowpan and Wrathion being friends i a blatant lie. He is the very reason garrosh escaped in the first place
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Return of Order halls. Necromancers get Scholomance (!!!)
    -Dalaran is destroyed
    So no more order hall for rogues then?

Quote Originally Posted by Aynen View Post
    So no more order hall for rogues then?
    Or Mages for that matter.

XD another meme post, i stopped reading when i seen sanlayn on the alliance. They joined the horde in bfa and we killed them, also necromancer? Tinker is more plausible. Go back to word pad and try again pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    XD another meme post, i stopped reading when i seen sanlayn on the alliance. They joined the horde in bfa and we killed them, also necromancer? Tinker is more plausible. Go back to word pad and try again pls.
    It clearly says horde?

And lmao tinker is not more plausable in a death themed expansion dont be a moron. Just because thats what you want doesent mean thats what going to happen

I want anduins head on a spike, it aint happening tho
    An'u belore delen'na

I can see something potentially like they did with professions, where your participation in the xpack grants you levels for the content

¿Dalaran destroyed? Well now I want the leak to be true.

They have already retconned it. 4 old gods. There were five. They retcon anything to fit the current narrative, you have too mich faith in them.

And shadowpan and Wrathion being friends i a blatant lie. He is the very reason garrosh escaped in the first place
    Clearly, you've not done the latest Wrathion quest. Or you've not bothered reading the text. Wrathion has been studying in Pandaria again recently, with the Lorewalkers and the Shado-Pan, to learn their knowledge and ways in pursuit of knowledge of the Old Gods and how to resist them. He has been learning from them. Your reaction makes it clear you just made this stuff up. The Shado-Pan are not hunting Wrathion. You made a lore mistake in your leak.

Also retconning is changing the past. Adding things is not retconning, if it can be added without changing the original story. A 5th god having existed before the Titans arrived and found 4 Old Gods here, isn't much of a retcon at all. If that's a retcon just because it wasn't described in Chronicle, than everything we learn about things already passed from now on would be a retcon. G'huun would be a retcon. His existence wasn't mentioned in Chronicle. Now changing the Lich King's backstory, that would definitely be a retcon, rather than writing new things into the gaps of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I would really like it if Necromancers as new hero class became real thing, that's like the dream thing for next expansion, but this leak doesn't seem very plausible. There's just no build up to Calia becoming Arthas 2.0.

Though Shadowfall does sound like a cool name.

I got this from a guy on 4chan /b forum by a guy that confirmed he was a blizzdeveloper, but it was immedietly taken down so this was all I could get.

Levelcap: 130
    New class: Necromancer. The horde and alliance are running out of troops, and turn to the Ebon blade for help. They find out the best way to fight undeath, is to fight fire with fire. They get an apothecary healing spec, a summoning/Blood esque dps spec, and a ranged tank spec where they turn into a powerful lich.
    New Allied-Races: Vrykul and Frostborn (For now) for the alliance. San'lyn and Taunka (for now) for the horde
    Continent: Shadowlands Northrend
    New Gameplay:

• Return of Justice/Valor
    • You can titanforge an item and reroll it for Valor points
    • Scourge invasions where the cult of the damned attempts to merge zones with the shadowlands. 5 zones so far, Tirsifal glades, Ghostlands, Dreadwastes, Darkshore and Duskwood.
    • Return of Order halls. Necromancers get Scholomance (!!!)
    • Shadowrealms: Portals that appear around the world that you can enter and do a Nephalem style randomized instance that give rewards depending on how fast you can do them.

Cinematic at blizzcon, featuring Calia walking around Icecrown citadel and ending at the frozen throne with her saying "I will finish what my brother started."

Story:
    • -While we fight in Ny'alotha, Calia shows her true colors and travels to Naxxrammas and awakens Kel'thuzad and steals the blades of the fallen prince.
    • -A powerstruggle is made between Kel'thuzad and Bolvar. They assault icecrown Citadel and kill Bolvar. Calia attempts to take the crown, but it rejects the light, so Kel'thuzad is made the new lich king.
    • -They assault Ulduar. Calia hurls the blades into Yogg'saron killing him and unleashing a blast that tears the fabric of the world itself, merging Northrend with the shadowlands.
    • -Dalaran is destroyed
    • -Sylvanas returns when we enter the new Helheim Raid. Sylvanas explains her motives, that the world can only be at peace if everyone is under one banner, that being death. But she realised she was wrong. She stays behind and shuts the gateway behind her, destroying Helheim, the Val'kyr and freeing the Forsaken from Kel'thuzads grip.
    • -Faction war continues as Talanji wants vengeance for Rastakhan and Tyrande for Teldrassil.
    • -In a new retcon it is revealed that the master of the Shadowlands is a horrifically powerful Dreadlord that made it secret as an act of defiance against the burning legion. When they found out he made the lich king to rule over all undeath and the shadowlands in a hurry and hurled him into the twisting nether. A thousand years later it crashed on Azeroth. Kil'jaeden found out and took the credit to one up Archimonde in the eyes of the Dark titan.
    • -In a sub plot, rumors of the black prince floats around. The Shado pan gets a hold of this, and we help them systematically kills the Blacktalon. Taran Zhu eventually kills Wrathion, finally gaining justice for Garrosh. This is an attempt of including the Pandaren in the story after being irrelevant since mop
    None of this sounds remotely plausible, even for WoW.